Running a Race and Flying an Aircraft

Archives for 2013
lainey68
Gold Member

Running a Race and Flying an Aircraft

Post by lainey68 »

i had a dream this morning i would like interpretation on if possible.

i dreamed i was in a huge race--like a marathon or something. from the beginning i kept saying i was not one of the fast runners. the fast runners took off and i was with a group of slower people like me. anyway, a few of us got a little post as we ran through a neighborhood, so we circled around a couple of times and went back to the staring line. on the 3rd time around, we finished. we got to the finish line and of course the faster runners had finished. i noticed that even though i was slow, i wasn't last and remarked about that. i noticed an acquaintance named mike was in the fast group. he had on an air force flight uniform and was given the keys to some sort of aircraft. i remember thinking i would never be able to keep up with him. eod.

i understand that running can symbolize running in our faith. not sure what the rest means.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

1 Corinthians 9:24, “Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!”
The Christian prize is that of "the high calling of God in Jesus Christ," towards which St. Paul himself was pressing forward: Philippians 3:14, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
“The common calling of all Christians to salvation in Christ, which coming from heaven invites us to heaven, whither accordingly our minds ought to be uplifted.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi, Lainey.
I am seeing a connection with your dream and the ones I have been getting this week. There is something about "flying" that we think is only for the advanced group, that God wants us to be aware is available to us.

http://tehillahdreams.com/board/posting ... ly&t=34072
...that I might know Him...
buildthefarm

Post by buildthefarm »

well i just looked it up and the name michael means "who is like God?". perhaps you have a calling to a local setting or regional or something but you have a desire to be one with a super international calling running in the front. but God calls us each to exactly where He wants us because we are perfect for His call to His location and at such a time as this. i think maybe it means that whether you think you are in the front or the back of the pack or in the middle somewhere it doesnt matter because you are where you are and what you are and you are perfect for what God has for you so just run your race because none of us is like God anyway. you dont have to keep up with the fast runners or even the a jet fighter. you just do what God says to do. none of the 'faster' runners is anything when compared to God anyway so dont worry about it and just run your race.
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

buildthefarm wrote:well i just looked it up and the name michael means "who is like God?". perhaps you have a calling to a local setting or regional or something but you have a desire to be one with a super international calling running in the front. but God calls us each to exactly where He wants us because we are perfect for His call to His location and at such a time as this. i think maybe it means that whether you think you are in the front or the back of the pack or in the middle somewhere it doesnt matter because you are where you are and what you are and you are perfect for what God has for you so just run your race because none of us is like God anyway. you dont have to keep up with the fast runners or even the a jet fighter. you just do what God says to do. none of the 'faster' runners is anything when compared to God anyway so dont worry about it and just run your race.

Thank you, and 'amen'.