popcorn prefered over steak

Archives for 2013
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

popcorn prefered over steak

Post by ElijahsTask »

Hub had a dream where people agreed to put in an order for some steaks.

When the order came in, they didn't want them.

He thought he'd offer popcorn to go along with the steaks if they would just come and pick up the steaks.

One person came by and got the popcorn and didn't take the steak.

Husband went to the restroom, came back and the dream continued.

Since no one came for the steaks or popcorn ( except the one person whom he didn't really see)

He took them and put them away for us to eat.

END OF DREAM

I haven't the foggiest idea what the dream means but am curious as to see if anyone has an idea of what the popcorn meant.

Thank you for reading

Elijahs Task
Last edited by ElijahsTask on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Popcorn may reflect something has a POPular appeal. Corn before it is popped is in seed form. The corn itself may reflect harvest, blessing, or abundance. The steak may represent strong meat which is the Word of God and the Word of righteousness.
Here is something that Pastor Joe posted this morning on FB and it may tie into what your husband got,
“I came home from church service tonight and I realized that I had forgotten my glasses. I knew that I needed them to be able to see when I read my Bible. I headed back down to the church to get them when I felt the Lord speaking to my heart. He was saying what’s lacking in the church is commitment. I meditated on that statement and started to put things together. We as the church say that we believe the Rapture of the church could be anytime now. The problem is the churches are not reflecting what they say. What I mean by that is if we believed that Jesus was coming back soon then we would want to be in the house of God. We as the church of the Living God need to be preparing, getting ready putting on wardrobes of righteousness! We have too many who listen to others when who they ought to be listening to is God!”
Passage: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

As usual toss if it does not help!
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi ET,

I looked at the nature of popcorn and I was thinking it's an entertainment food ... fun. It's a staple which has been modified to make it palatable.

It's definitely not a good alternative to steak! But it is nutritious and definitely has its place. Just don't add a heap of salt and butter or toffee :wink:

The meat could be the meat of the word, and your husband wanting to add popcorn to make it more attractive or palatable, but it didn't really attract people like he thought.

Part way through this, your husband goes to empty himself (restroom) and comes back, but he's taken this stuff and put it aside for the two of you.

So I would be looking at, what has he put aside for you two in the form of some heavy duty nutrition, as well as some light-hearted (perhaps) on the positive side, or relatively empty nourishment on the negative side?

Particularly, it seems to be stuff that he prepared for others but they didn't want it.

I'm really not sure if popcorn is a positive or negative in this dream.

(I eat popcorn as a healthy alternative to say, chips - what you call crisps ... full of vitamins and no salt and very little oil ...).

This could just be my silly brain working, but in the movie Jack & Jill (Adam Sandler) Al Pacino keeps calling Jack, 'popcorn'. See if this pings and if it does, let me know and I'll think more about it!!
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Greetings Newbie and bella

I have taken a long time to respond to this dream and it's because I have kept pouring over it and over it and over it.

Believe it or not, everything you two have shared ties in with me on a personal level.

I think the Lord is giving me a personal message though his dream and through both of your responses for which I am grateful for.

thank you two for responding :wink:
Last edited by ElijahsTask on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
lainey68
Gold Member

Re: popcorn prefered over steak

Post by lainey68 »

ElijahsTask wrote:Hub had a dream where people agreed to put in an order for some steaks.

He thought he'd offer popcorn to go along with the steaks if they would just come and pick up the steaks.

He went to the restroom and the dream continued.

Since no one came for the steaks or popcorn ( except the one person whom he didn't really see)

END OF DREAM

I haven't the foggiest idea what the dream means but am curious as to see if anyone has an idea of what the popcorn meant.

Thank you for reading

Elijahs Task
I don't have anything else, but echo what others have said. It just reminds me of babies in Christ where they can't digest the meat of the Word.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

people agreed to put in an order for some steaks.

He went to the restroom and the dream continued.

Hello, ET. Let's take a look at the word popcorn within the context you have provided. Appears to me this is a snapshot of the sad state of much of the body today. Brings to mind 1 Cor 3. I see admonishment accompanied by encouragement here.

Consider: The steak is strong meat and many are eager to place their orders. When the steak is delivered, interest has waned. It's too difficult to digest...meaning it requires perseverance, discipline, faith! It's all a bit much for those who [claim to] crave meat but who are still on a milk diet. You get the picture. So...hub decides to offer popcorn along with the steak. Only one took advantage of hub's offer and even he bypassed the steak for the popcorn. This one represents those who seek blessings, i.e. Papa's hand rather than His heart.

The popcorn represents revelation here.

The restroom break might represent hub releasing this into Papa's capable hands...waiting on His perfect timing. Now, go feast on those steaks hub put away for y'all and enjoy the fresh popcorn/apply the revelation. In due time, Himself will lead the truly hungry to you, plate in hand.

Hope something here lends insight.

just my 2 cents, fwiw
xxoo

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Revelation !

:like:
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

discerning....... thank you.

The popcorn represents revelation here.

so, since the popcorn represents "revelation" here, the only thing left is what?

APPLICATION

Your post

speaks volums

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

DITTOXOXOXODITTOXOXOXODITTOXOXOXODITTOXOXOXODITTOXOXOXO
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

The man took the popcorn and wound up in the restroom though...which usually indicates a cleansing or an elimination of emotions is needed. So the popcorn choice led/contributed to this persons next step/phase. Who this man is or who he symbolizes may explain this odd choice further. More often than not...popcorn is a symbolic item of entertainment/frivolity/fun which in excess is not desirable, but in moderation is a needed aspect of our lives.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Really enjoyed reading all this since I dreamed of popcorn last night. I've been also paying more attention to the Lord speaking through unusual things said around me in the daytime lately and one of these involved popcorn the other night. Maybe this is where it fits! Or maybe not :). It struck me as odd at the time and I shared a 'huh??' look with my hubby. We were ordering at a nice restaurant and the waitress was describing the specials. She said there was a cheese soup that was really good. She said,"It's made with cheese, beer and topped with popcorn. I always say that those are a man's top 3 favorite foods...beer, cheese and popcorn!" I've never thought of popcorn being a man's fave food and my husband agreed. When she left he said,"Beer, cheese and STEAK maybe, not popcorn." There was a sense that I needed to pay attention to what she'd just said.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

I never thought of popcorn as a floating crouton. LOL The soup sounds good though.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Ha! made me look up cheese made with beer.

Papa ( the a has in Papa sounds like the a in pat) my grand-daddy would make beer pancakes. You really couldn't taste the beer all that well but man o man were they moist as all get out.

He'd stick a perfectly good can of beer up inside the cavity of a perfectly good chicken and put it on the grill and talk about moist..... wow z dow!!!

Best chickie I ever laid tooth to!

Allman's Beer Cheese is a family tradition that has spanned over 70 years. It's prepared in small batches by Johnnie Allman's grandson Ian and his wife Angie. Ian is the third generation of Allman's to prepare his family's renowned beer cheese recipe.

I think the popcorn connotes something leaning toward the "special/unusual"
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

Here's my take with the popcorn.
Since corn is the Word of God. Then popcorn would be the Word of God, but used and led by the Holy Spirit. Thus, you get popcorn.
Perhaps, the spirit of God will help you in some unusual spiritual ways.

Hope this helps, SpecialK.
janmar
Gold Member

Post by janmar »

Elijah'sTask,

The popcorn could have just meant something light over something more heavy in content of nourishment-- 2 Tim. 4:3; Isa. 30:10; Matt. 23:23.

Something to pray about.

Jan
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Maybe others will come for the meat and you will be ready to serve them. Popcorn doesn't seem to provide enough energy for a hard working body, unlike steak.

Shalom,
Mary Esther

(edited to be more proper)
The shepherds have become stupid,
they have not consulted Adonai.
This is why they have not prospered,
and all their flocks are scattered.
Jer. 10.21