Peacocks??

Archives for 2013
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Peacocks??

Post by TexasTransplant »

First time symbol for me and I'm clueless. This one was dead, limp, and had human characteristics like a family and a job. He was a beautiful color, teal blue, and tall like a person. Not sure at all! I read somewhere earlier that it may represent Christ, and even though the context fits somewhat, that's not really 'pinging' as the answer. I'm wondering if peacocks have been used in any of your dreams :).
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

HI TexasTransplant--

Just a thought :)

A bird that looked like a human-- Well that's different!
What does scripture say about the pride of life...
(I always thought peacocks represented pride)
So the withering of pride would be a good thing---

The beginning of humility?

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world.
If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.
And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who sees anything different in you?
What do you have that you did not receive?
If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

1 Peter 1:22-25
Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
for “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever.” And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I knew a peacock once... he was one that strutted and always wanted folks eyes to be on him. I would think the dream symbol for this bird would be the same.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Yes, I figured it out ;). It's my teenage son :roll: .
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Texas,

I did not know you had a dream on the symbol too until after I wrote this, and felt a little silly.

Just a little though. :)
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

No way, you were right on track! Thank you