Eldon's Dream

Archives for 2008
HisBlood
Site Owner

Eldon's Dream

Post by HisBlood »

Last night I dreamt I was driving a car and looked out and saw Dad, Allan (brother), and Jamieson (son) throwing a football around. I was going to pick them up but
passed them so went up the street to turn around. As I was turning around I
saw a bear going towards them. I raced back to tell them to hurry and get in
the car but the bear was beating me so I swerved into it and hurt 3 of it's
legs. I then yelled at them to hurry and get in the car. They ran towards it
but the bear intercepted them and they started fighting with it. Allan and
Jamieson made it to the car but Dad was delaying getting to the car and fought it and injured it's other leg
(front left) and it ran away.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Eldon Cook
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
talitha

Re: Eldon's Dream

Post by talitha »

my thoughts in blue.....

Last night I dreamt I was driving a car and looked out and saw Dad, Allan (brother), and Jamieson (son) throwing a football around.
I am getting a strong impression that these three symbolize three generations, and that this is a dream with a corporate message. You are not among the three only because you are meant to observe them at this point. Throwing the football around reminds me of the scripture in which Jesus talks about the days of Noah - basically life was going on as usual, when all of a sudden....

I was going to pick them up but passed them so went up the street to turn around. As I was turning around I
saw a bear going towards them.
Missed opportunity to join in the fun turns into a kairos moment for you to see what is taking place in the spiritual realm? I think the bear represents an opposing force that came against your father's generation and has come against your own generation and is coming against your son's generation.

I raced back to tell them to hurry and get in the car but the bear was beating me so I swerved into it and hurt 3 of its legs.
I do think the car represents your ministry, and your response in your car has to do with your calling as it is related to this opposing force - you are to slow this thing down so that people can escape it. I find the word "swerve" interesting..... the original meaning of the word was "to turn aside, deviate from a straight course," and I think that in this dream the way you injured the bear was that you did something that it couldn't predict. I think of John 3:8 - "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit." - it takes such a mnistry to outwit the enemy! You must have the mind of Christ......

I then yelled at them to hurry and get in the car. They ran towards it but the bear intercepted them and they started fighting with it.
I am interested in the fact that there are three out of four men present fighting and a bear trying to fight with three out of four good legs. Seems the battle is really a battle of dominion/authority/rule (four) - perhaps this is a territorial spirit? and this thing must be won by rule of authority (not sure how to verbalize this - I hope you understand what I mean here).

Allan and Jamieson made it to the car but Dad was delaying getting to the car and fought it and injured it's other leg
(front left) and it ran away.
OOOhhh this I think confirms the idea of it being an authority issue - your dad being the "elder" in this picture is the one who is supposed to deal with this thing, exercising his authority and taking dominion, effectively exiling this spirit. Does that make sense to you?

manifold blessings
tal
talitha

Post by talitha »

I have not been able to stop thinking about this dream..... I started looking to see what role the bear plays in Cree history and spiritual beliefs....... some things I've found......

In traditional Cree mythology, the bear united with the first human woman sent down from the skies, and henceforth became known as “grandfather.”

Once the European settlers came to Western Canada, the way of life for the aboriginals was threatened and Big Bear, a Cree Chief, fought, through protests of peace to make things better for his people. He was branded a troublemaker. This is his story and the story of his people, an account of one man's losing battle against authority. Big Bear had fought the authorities by word, his people fought with bullets and both lost. By 1887, Big Bear's people were scattered throughout the country, most of his family was in Montana, he died alone in January of 1888. (this paragraph is from http://www.indians.org/welker/bigbear.htm)

interesting stuff..... you probably know more than I do......

blessings
tal
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

((((Tallybear)))))

I am ever amazed with your interpretations, sis!
I had shared so much of this when he was telling
me his dream and you have confirmed so much of
what I had thought, too!
I am sending this to Eldon, he is looking forward
to reading it. I will send you his response!

Love ya bunches...yer the best!
carolyn
xoxo
Be Transformed......
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

P.S. -

Eldon's grampa was cursed by a witchdoctor, years ago.
The men in the family have had severe boils they had to
fight all their teenage life. On their backs and his brother
had them on his face, causing deep scars. When Eldon's
dad came to know the Lord, he went to a prophet who
broke that curse off them by wiping a cloth over their
skin and burning it with their backs to the fire!!! That
was probably over 20 years ago.

I wondered about the three hurt legs and three generations,
too?

Thanks Tal!!
Be Transformed......