A Violent Storm

Archives for 2013
jeff
Site Moderator

A Violent Storm

Post by jeff »

Hello, I had this intense dream a few days ago. Any insights?

Kathryn, Dion (5-6 yr. old in the dream, although in life he is 20) and me were in Spokane, visiting my Grandma’ Jensen’s house. Stefan, my 18 year old is not in the dream. We were not visiting her, I knew she was dead (she passed away while we were still pastoring in Angoon, so she died early 2001), just her house. This was not her house she lived in, but rather it was a single-wide trailer in the outskirts of town, no grass, just the scrub and sandy barrenness of eastern Washington for grounds.

The weather turns stormy, I am intrigued by the storms at first, then I see the big tornado drop south of our location and I know we have to get underground NOW, because we will not survive this above ground.
I intensely (not panic-stricken or frantically but very methodically) begin to look for places of safety. The first place I look is the stairwell downstairs, as I know that is the safest place. On the floor is a pile of wood scraps (construction type and pieces of pallets) along with a full pane of glass and another pane that is broken into several triangle-shaped pieces. I think that with the power of the coming tornado that the house could very well collapse on me and that I would not want to have the broken glass to deal with should I become trapped in the rubble of the house. I go back upstairs to check on the progress of the tornado…it is now in the front yard, I run downstairs and get to the concrete wall of the basement just at impact and throw myself down into the concrete as close as I can. I watch the house above me get absolutely shredded and torn to pieces. I am praying for God to protect me, and as I pray, the house itself starts moving as the tornado is tearing the house from the foundation…I feel fear but am not panicked, and very matter-of-factly pray that I might be speaking to God face to face in a moment but would He please protect me. At no time is there any panic or frantic sensation, everything is very methodical and matter of fact. At this time, the matter of fact is that the house is being removed from the foundation and I am becoming completely exposed to the tornado’s fury. The house moves 18-24” off the foundation then the storm is gone. I climb up and leave the house through the opening the tornado has made.

As Kathryn appears out of the wreckage, it turns out she and Dion had rode out the storm in the very place that I had deemed unsafe.

Kathryn and I are looking at the now again trailer and she is telling me that I need to get to fixing the foundation right now. I tell her I have no idea how to but that my Grandmother always called these two men and they “leveled” the trailer all the time. I look at the foundation as we are walking around to the other side and I’ve never seen anything like the foundation under there, makes no sense at all. All of the sudden the two men appear and with just a couple of turns of a socket wrench the foundation is fixed and they lower the trailer down to the ground and it “snaps” tight to the ground, firmly attached.

The men walked away as silently and quickly as they came, then the dream ended.
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

This verse came to mind:
"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; every man's work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is." (1 Corinthians 3:11-13)
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Just some thoughts that might help you get started... Grandmother/foundation could represent spiritual heritage/doctrinal beliefs? Maybe some sort of belief system you have put your trust in, but it will not protect you? Are there people in your life that you disagree with on this subject, but they are actually right in what they believe?

Broken window speaks to me of the prophets and this verse comes to mind to that on the storm also...

And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers! I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation. 37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' " Matt 23

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." 28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law. Matt 7
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

1 Peter 1:13

This is one way I thought of you as responding through this, being sober in spirit.......
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
jeff
Site Moderator

Post by jeff »

Thanks for the insights...much appreciated! :lol: