Church/distraction dream

Archived Dreams from 2014
myseason

Church/distraction dream

Post by myseason »

Had a dream that My family and I visited one of the old churches I used to attend. When we arrived the the elder began to become prideful and arrogant in his words. I remember him saying if you like what I'm saying get mad at God! Then I began to discern that he was trying to operate in his flesh and not by the spirit. I could see he was ministering by the sight of his eyes but all of a sudden God began to confuse him and words would not come forth out his mouth, he then stepped out the pulpit and said I'm done and dismissed service. Then a bro in Christ walked over and said he had a word from God for me but each time he tried to tell me which 3 xs someone would interrupt by talking to me. The last attempted ended with him having to go with his kids and wife.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

I want to say first that I understand the discernment you received was accurate.

Did you dismiss the entire congregation? Did they all get up and leave?

Normally I would think in this situation, that the enemy was trying to interfere in your spiritual walk in retaliation...but there is more here than just that...so I have to ask why did you say "I'm done"....that is the focus and true topic of the dream, and what ever the answer is, is why there is "interference" with you receiving/hearing God's word (word from the brother)...since God has the power to tell you anything anytime He wants and can make sure the message gets through to you directly.
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

Whatever situation you sense this dream represents, it is clear that trusting your discernment will be important. Sometimes we justify things we feel uncomfortable about, because they are presented under a Christian title, or acted out by respected leaders.

It was not just how he delivered God's message, but impacted your own ability to hear.

Do you think you represented a congregation, or yourself?

The dream also shows a situation where you chose to leave -- possibly out of discernment -- and returned in good faith but saw an even clearer reason to leave. Your discernment had been built up by stepping away and learning elsewhere.

The interruptions seemed a sign of hyperactive trying-to-be-involved but having no concern for what God was truly doing. Playing out what Christianity looks like, without living the real faith.

When people have this non-authentic approach to Christianity, they eventually need to leave, because they find nothing there. They have sung, listened, maybe shouted and danced... but forgot to look for God.

It looks like the dream is showing you the truth in a scenario. Consider whether it is the same literal scale, or larger (more congregations). We pray that God will touch all hearts directly, personally -- to bring authentic faith and keep His church holy.