board maintenance

A place to address technical issues or ask questions about navigating the board
bjcollin
Site Owner

board maintenance

Post by bjcollin »

Due to some board security issues with our older version of phpBB software, we are going to be upgrading the board this weekend. I am backing up the entire board tonight 11/13 and I will most likely take the board on and offline this weekend 11/15-11/16. Hopefully this will solve most of the security issues we have been facing lately. The major thing this will do is eliminate the guest read access to the board and member profiles and only registered accounts will be able to read and/or post and hopefully there will be hidden email address features and other security features in this new software as well. Thank you for your patience.

in Christ,
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

:like:

Thank you bjcollin. May the Lord bless your work. Praying for the ministering angels and warring angels to keep watch over this undertaking.

It's with a heart full of gratitude I say thank you from all of us here at Tehillah.

THANK YOU

Elijahstask
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

bella
Diamond Member

Re: board maintenance

Post by bella »

bjcollin wrote:Due to some board security issues with our older version of phpBB software, we are going to be upgrading the board this weekend. I am backing up the entire board tonight 11/13 and I will most likely take the board on and offline this weekend 11/15-11/16. Hopefully this will solve most of the security issues we have been facing lately. The major thing this will do is eliminate the guest read access to the board and member profiles and only registered accounts will be able to read and/or post and hopefully there will be hidden email address features and other security features in this new software as well. Thank you for your patience.

in Christ,
Wow. And thank you. That's massive. Praying for smooth transition and all going well.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

How is it all going Brian? I take it that things haven't happened as quickly as you planned?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sorry if any of you got failures on wed or fri this week... failed 3 times to install new board... I am still working on it tonight. Thanks.

BJC
WingsofHealing
Platinum Member

praying brother

Post by WingsofHealing »

How are things going? I am up and it's 4 am. Praying for whom comes to my attention.................. THank you for ALL you do. I probably only know a wittle% of ALL you do! Shalom and God Bless Hope your Thanksgiving was blessed as well! ((Hugs))) Nicole Ramirez
May we ALL FIND the healing in the Lords wings and be still to absorb all we can.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

working on the board upgrades tonight, sorry if any problems
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

BJ, your avatar speaks volumes to me. Every time I see it I thank Papa for you and all you do here. I cannot begin to imagine the time you invest in keeping us up and running and....safe.

Thanks, bro
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

GREAT JOB BROTHER!!! The board looks beautiful :D
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

well it seems to be functional... :D

I will be making mods and changes all weekend... lets see how this goes
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

SURPRISE! AWESOME. :s61:
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Updated our phpBB board software to the latest version 3.2.0 and installed some more anti-spammer countermeasures. Thank you.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thanks for all the hard work you put into making this board run, Brian.