washing up

Archived Dreams from 2016
bella
Diamond Member

washing up

Post by bella »

Dreamt i was a paying customer in a Chinese restaurant.

There was a wash basin area to the side which was made of a red/brown flecked granite, I believe.

Instead of getting to eat with my friends and family, i ended up at this basin near the kitchen, washing dishes. Lots and lots of dishes.
Carterman
Gold Member

Re: washing up

Post by Carterman »

bella wrote:Dreamt i was a paying customer in a Chinese restaurant.

There was a wash basin area to the side which was made of a red/brown flecked granite, I believe.

Instead of getting to eat with my friends and family, i ended up at this basin near the kitchen, washing dishes. Lots and lots of dishes.
word restaurant means to restore.
word granite in etymonline says used figuratively for "hardness".
washing dishs can be about areas inside you needing cleansing and sanctification by washing wtih water of word. means renewal of heart, confession
Theres areas within needing of God's truth. deliverance and sanctifying time for you is coming. God may want to set u free from some hardened areas of heart
2 tim 2;20-21
In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

The meaning of this dream is that, as a paying customer, one would expect to be able to sit and eat with their friends and family. Instead, I ended up cleaning up after other people.

This dream is about my workplace. Earlier in the day, before dreaming this, I was approached to go and assist in another area (the sink to the side) to Team Lead a team which was in dire straits and to "clean up the messes". The work is hectic and people are overworked. I am working long hours under pressure, and come home so tired, I don't have the time to spend with my friends and family.
Carterman
Gold Member

Post by Carterman »

ultimately the dreamer decides what they want to believe a dream means.
may the joy of the LORD be your strength :)
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Carterman wrote:ultimately the dreamer decides what they want to believe a dream means.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

bella wrote:
Carterman wrote:ultimately the dreamer decides what they want to believe a dream means.
Well, no...as stated, this is a mixture of truth. Ultimately - ideally - the dreamer would take any offerings back to the Lord and seek Holy Spirit confirmation.
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Let's back up a bit. Rather than pull something *out of context*, it might be helpful to examine the etymology in its entirety. I won't copy and paste it all here but I'd suggest following the links from granite to grain to corn. There are seeds encased in those hard kernels that Himself desires to be released.

It appears to me you have been positioned in this place for just such a time as this. Granted, it's no easy task to clean up after others. And we are called to be the salt of the earth. I perceive Himself is encouraging you here, bella. Despite the hardships, you are serving others. Yes, it's a sacrifice and comes with a cost which you already know is worth it. Don't hide your light under a bushel.

That's my interpretation. As always, take everything to Him in prayer.

blessings on you,

*see the Sermon on the Mount for scriptural references
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thanks discerning. Yes, it's been an exhausting yet amazing experience. I love the people in this team. And the other team in that office is also amazing and have been really kind to me. It's been quite restorative in a way to work with so many fabulous people in one space.

The work itself is extraordinarily important as we are a unique "business" in the whole of the world. Many times in the past I had words about being an Esther and never knew what it was going to be about.

I've reminded myself a few times this week that despite the staffing issues as well as the actual job content pressure, that I have been extraordinarily blessed to end up in this place.

I will have to write out a testimony about this job because I'm just realising now, how long God has been setting this up and the spiritual attacks have been many, but the victories have been greater.
Carterman
Gold Member

Post by Carterman »

discerning wrote:
bella wrote:
Well, no...as stated, this is a mixture of truth. Ultimately - ideally - the dreamer would take any offerings back to the Lord and seek Holy Spirit confirmation.
yes youre correct of course. thats what the dreamer is supposed to do - ideally as you stated. ultimately tho the dreamer decides what they choose to believe. some want the truth even if its correctional. others dont want the truth so their flesh rejects it. they get mad or offended.
i've been taught to look at dreams internally first. if that doesnt apply only then to look external for interpretation. My teacher says this way youre always practicing the theory to remove the stick from own eye first b/c god talks to us about fixing ourselves first not about others.
ultimately the dreamer decides even tho what u said is true discerning. god bless
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Carterman I would like you to stop responding to my dreams/posts.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Carterman, please take a few minutes to carefully review our Vision & Guidelines.

Thank you.
discerning