Dream Interpretation Needed

Archived Dreams from 2017
LiW
Bronze Member

Dream Interpretation Needed

Post by LiW »

In the dream, I was crossing a road when I saw a male cabinet minister at a coffee shop diagonally opposite. After crossing, I lay on the road, and if I remember correctly, I was lying down against the flow of traffic. On my left was a pavement, and if I remember correctly, there were many people standing on it. Shortly after, someone told me that cars were coming, and so I raised my head to take a look. I saw that there many vehicles, one of which was very near me. I immediately got up and stood on the pavement. Just then, a female cabinet minister drove by and shouted to the male cabinet minister, who had already crossed over, and asked if he needed a lift. He responded with a 'yes', adding that his car was in a workshop. Then he told her that he wanted to go to Ang Mo Kio. All this while, I was looking in front, and not turning back to look at him.

P/s: I feel that Ang Mo Kio is significant, because it is part of of the GRC led by the prime minister of my country. Could it be that the male cabinet minister will be the next prime minister?
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Dream Interpretation Needed

Post by bella »

I'm getting from this dream is that the part with you lying on the road doesn't really have any feeling to it, which would suggest that it's a "nothing" dream or "nothing" symbolism. Like maybe things you've been thinking about or watching on TV make their way into your dream. Just a thought.

Also when God is showing me something political, it's for me to pray about, and He makes it VERY clear. E.g. a certain politician is doing the wrong thing and needs to go ... I pray ... they get removed.

Re Trump (I'm not American) I had a dream where I heard him being announced as the President. Very clear. No question.

The later part of the dream, to me, feels more like maybe the guy is involved in corruption, or a dream about this guy "crossing over". Not entirely sure.

Do you have experience with or have you learnt how to interpret your own dreams?
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

Hi Bella,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. No, I have not learnt how to interpret dreams. I have tried to read books on dream interpretations, but they are of not much help because they only explain dream symbols, which I think is insufficient. I believe that in order to interpret a dream correctly, one must look at the context of the dream.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

There are heaps of posts on this board talking about things to look for in dream interpretation. But there are also a few good books around if you want to understand it. Also pray and ask God to help you and He will.

One good book is Adam Thompson and Adrian Beale's book called The Divinity Code. Very well explained, examples of dreams and their interpretations and a reasonably good symbol dictionary. Good in that it what symbols they have they give extensive meanings and explain context, but it would have to be a massive book to include more symbols. It already has a lot though. I think this is probably the best dream interp book I've seen.
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

Hi Bella,

Thanks for letting me know about the book. Will try to check it out.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Political related dreams can be a delicate subject matter to deal with. I find it usually best to avoid them because more often than not the dreams are biased toward the own dreamers political views and not necessarily the mind of God for a particular political person. For example, I have read enough Hillary and Trump bs dreams over the past few months to make me barf as there wasn't even one that I found which was worth interpreting. I have not read the boards guidelines in a couple of years since we wrote them, but If I haven't already added political dreams to the guidelines along the lines of not interpreting dreams of babies and funerals and weddings with a 10' pole, then this category of dream belongs in that list as well. I don't like dealing with my own country's politics, let alone the politics of any other country.

Let's try a context exercise on this dream... For example, if we look at the larger picture in the In your dream it sounds like your diametrically opposed to this cabinet member's actions at first, but you are crossing over to see what he is about. He seems stalled currently in his actions and is not moving anywhere fast, but he wants to move in a new direction with the assistance from another of his colleges. There is no indication in the dream that he will become anything more or less than he is now. He just wants to move forward again. Now to test the theory, we must pray and watch and wait to see what the Lord speaks if anything more on this issue. We test ourselves and our interpretations by seeing what happens in real life on this matter. This is how we start to exercise our God given gifts of discernment and interpretation skills we run it through the Lord's Word and see how it holds up. If it turns out not to be true, then we had it wrong we need to repent and remember that is the voice we do not need to listen to. If it turns out to be right, then we remember that and tune our discernment toward the voice of the Lord. I have used this exercise a lot over the years on my own dreams and interpretations as I only want to hear the Lord's voice and I seek to follow Him in everything I do. (ref John 10:27) I hope this helps get you started on the road that God has for you.

in Christ,
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on political-related dreams. I can understand why you said such dreams should not be posted here. But I''m puzzled as to why dreams about babies fall under the same category. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Babies fall under that category because when many people see a dream of somebody having a baby, then they sometimes tell the person preemptively or prophecy that person to be pregnant or will have a child. Again it falls under the same type of deal where the dreamer needs to really listen to God before relaying the message. The same rule applies for relationships, marriages and death dreams. I hope this helps makes more sense.
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Hi LiW. I'm not convinced this is a simply a political dream, just don't get that sense. Something to consider...how does this dream, taking it in context, relate to you personally? Is there a situation in your life at present or a mindset that has the potential to become a stumbling block? Perhaps Himself is giving you a heads up....revealing to you in advance how to avoid an obstacle in your path down the road..

As always, take everything to Him in prayer..

blessings on you,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

Hi Brian, thanks for taking the time to explain why baby dreams should not be posted.
LiW
Bronze Member

Post by LiW »

Hi Discerning, thanks for taking the time to respond. Seriously, I don't see how the dream relates to me, although I believe that most dreams by a dreamer will have some significance to him or her. Actually, I have quite a number of dreams about roads (or paths) and politicians...