Bears

Archived Dreams from 2017
FeastofTrumpets

Bears

Post by FeastofTrumpets »

I had a dream about bears the other night! They were everywhere in the wildnerness and there was a sense of awe and some healthy fear when they showed up. One was so close it was sniffing my ear.

I keep seeing bears in real life. Today I felt like the Lord was telling me to go to the airport and I did and when I arrived I was drawn to an art gallery that included a lot of bears.

A couple of weeks ago I felt like the Holy Spirit was telling me to look up something called "The Gathering". I looked it up and it's a popular teen book with the plot based in Vancouver Island where I live and one of the main characters can transform into a bear!

Lastly I had lunch with a friend who is prophetic a couple of months ago and without any prior knowledge of my dreams and experiences he told me a testimony of a Christian who by the power of the Holy Spirit was able to transform into a bear in order to protect someone who was being attacked.

There are other stories but this is the basic idea, it's a little bit out there but interesting to say the least!
Starfire
Gold Member

Re: Bears

Post by Starfire »

I may be way off here, but is it possible that the Holy Spirit is showing you the POWER and transformation of a life where God is the center?
AWE and Fear sound greatly like what is described in the Lord's presence, as is power and protection, two other indicators in your dream and life experience. I like that the bear in your dream was sniffing your ear, not showing any threatening behavior, just sniffing to identify you. Perhaps if the bear is representative of the powerful, transformative influence of God via the Holy Spirit in a believer's life, the bear sniffing your ear may be an invitation to listen more closely, especially when in the wilderness times of life, or perhaps it is simply a reminder that even in the wilderness you are not alone or without the power and protection of the Lord.

Personally, there is likely much MUCH more to this very interesting sequence of dream/life events
that only the Lord can reveal to you.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

FeastofTrumpets wrote:I

Lastly I had lunch with a friend who is prophetic a couple of months ago and without any prior knowledge of my dreams and experiences he told me a testimony of a Christian who by the power of the Holy Spirit was able to transform into a bear in order to protect someone who was being attacked.
This concerned me when I read it and I was thinking about it. All I know is, all things have to be weighed against scripture and I don't recall there being any example of God turning someone into an animal.
FeastofTrumpets

Starfire, thank you for sharing that!! That resonated with my heart so much and I'm going to be mulling that insight over in my heart for quite some time and keep bringing it to the Lord and see what he confirms about it.

It actually relates with another dream I had regarding protection where I was in a skyscraper being relentlessly chased by 2 clean cut "agents" in suits (reminded me of the Matrix). They were closing in on me in a room when in comes a man also clean cut looking and wearing a suit and with straight almost shoulder length dirty blonde hair. He was calm and so confident looking and my persuers immeadiatley left me alone and ran towards him and that's when the dream ended. In the dream I felt sure the man was Jesus (even though in real life I don't think Jesus had dirty blonde hair).

By the way, I was praying back around Christmas time and the Holy Spirit gave me the word Tehilla and that's how I found this website! So I'm very happy to be here :).

Bella you are correct that we need to weigh all things against scripture and I think I'm mostly concerned with the metaphorical side of what the bears represent. That being said 1 Corinthians 12:10 talks about the working of miracles but the bible doesn't list every single miracle that has ever happened by the power of the Holy Spirit. Our God is so creative and powerful! So at the moment I remain open to the possibility that the testimony of the person tranforming into the bear could be true.

Also does anyone know if there is any reason to believe that a bear could represent the Holy Spirit's gift of healing and to encourage a person to step out and use this gift more? Strength and protection make sense but I was reading some where that a person linked the symbol of the bear to healing but it wasn't from a Christian source so I want to test this. (On a side note I was asking the Lord about this yesterday and an opportunity came up to pray for a non Christian friend who injured their wrist and the Lord healed them!)
FeastofTrumpets

In regards to my last paragraph, I guess in Native American traditions bears are associated with shaman healers. Is this something that could be understood from a Christian perspective? Instead of a bear representing a shaman healer could it be used to represent the healing power of the Holy Spirit? I understand this is probably controversial! The extent to which God can be revealed through different cultures but still pointing us to Jesus is not something everyone is comfortable with.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

FeastofTrumpets wrote:
Bella you are correct that we need to weigh all things against scripture and I think I'm mostly concerned with the metaphorical side of what the bears represent. That being said 1 Corinthians 12:10 talks about the working of miracles but the bible doesn't list every single miracle that has ever happened by the power of the Holy Spirit. Our God is so creative and powerful! So at the moment I remain open to the possibility that the testimony of the person tranforming into the bear could be true.
Yep that's why I worded my response the way I did. Didn't want to come out and say it was wrong because I don't know that. I just know I felt unsure about that bit. I'm totally aware, too, that not everything that happened is listed in the Bible. I guess I would just be putting that to the side for now and asking God to reveal the truth there. I've certainly learnt not to believe the stories I've heard from christians about "miracles". Things sometimes get lost in translation.
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

Hi guys, I have been waiting to respond to this dream, to see what others thought. I know scripture says to test the spirits to see if they are from God.
In scripture the bear is always akin to our enemies, or in Daniel part of the end time antichrist system and deceiving the nations. They look for and kill their prey. The only time I see a bear and a peaceful situation is when God's kingdom is on the earth.
I to had a dream regarding bears about a year ago, which I have been watching unfold. In this dream there were 3 bears foraging in the forest outside a corral and barn area. I knew in my spirit that the bears were going to be a threat to the body of Christ in the near future, and we as the Body had to close the gate and lock it , to protect ourselves, because soon the bears would see us. Since this dream there has been a battle against the spirit of antichrist, and I have also seen Russia begin to rise up a taunt the United states. I my case the bears were something that I needed to protect my family and church from, and to get in the word and prayer, so I am not deceived by the end time spirits.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Praying that the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth, though the scriptures and prayer.
The spirit of prophecy is Jesus Christ. He paid for everything we need on His cruel cross, and everthing we need for salvation and life is found in Him alone. Just hope this helps in some way. God bless you and keep you in Him.
Blessings ♡♡♡
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.❤
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Hello, FeastofTrumpets

Could you post the dream in its entirety please?

blessings and thanks,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
FeastofTrumpets

Ok so the dream was pretty short and I don't remember too much more but I will try to post all I remember;

I was beside a river and there were a lot of bears, something like 10 just hanging out. Black/grey ones and brown ones. Medium sized ones and large ones but none really massive.

Next thing I knew I was in a forest walking a trail and the same bears just started coming out of everywhere out of the bushes and out from a fallen log along the trail. There was a sense of healthy fear and awe and excitement and adrenaline partially I think because we were in a more enclosed area and we were stuck to the path and were forced to be in close proximity to the bears. It was at this point that one of the bears was sniffing me in the ear in a very similar way in which a playful dog would sniff in someone's ear. The forest reminded me of the rain forest like conditions we have here on Vancouver Island.
FeastofTrumpets

And thanks for sharing your bear dream "Hope In Christ" I'm mulling it over as well, and some good points Bella on discernment.
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

Your welcome Feast of Trumpets, hope it helped some.
Take care and Blessings :? :D
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.❤
Starfire
Gold Member

Post by Starfire »

I think God meets us where we ARE. If a bear represents healing in your heritage, then God will use that, just as He speaks to us in our native language.
If you prayed for your friend's healing and it occurred, perhaps God is calling you to pray for healing.
Could it be the bears have more than one meaning? They might represent the economy for example.
Or they may mean something that is unBEARable that you feel surrounded by or perhaps even BARING your vulnerabilities......Look up the words BEAR and SCRIPTURE. There are many references to bears,
Isaiah speaks of bears many times:

Isaiah 7:14 KJV: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

IS 11:1 There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.

IS 11:6-7 The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.
The cow will graze near the bear. The cub and the calf will lie down together. The lion will eat hay like a cow.

IS 37:31 Once more a remnant of the kingdom of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above.

IS 60:6 And will bear good news of the praises of the LORD.

Only the Holy Spirit can tell you what this is to mean in YOUR dream, but given your background, I would not get too bogged down in legalistic meanings. God knows what a bear means to you and again, He uses references familiar to us.

The best is to form a collection of the passages that use the term "bear" in them. (Use a concordance -found online - do a word search for "bear". Then pray on each verse.
There are MANY....you might want to try this site:
https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearc ... chtype=all

BTW, even if the bears represent a threat or an overwhelming enemy power -the fact that you are safe in both dreams and are given the "sniff test", I'd say the Lord's protection is with you.
I am praying with you in agreement that God will reveal to you what His intention was in giving you this dream.
FeastofTrumpets

Amen! Thank you Starfire. I'll post more when I receive more revelation about it.