Z800 Workstation Donated

The latest news from Administration
bjcollin
Site Owner

Z800 Workstation Donated

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

Good News! Somebody donated a HP Z800 workstation to our ministry. It is a beast of a computer with 2 Intel Xeon CPU's 4 cores each (8 cores total), 16GB RAM, 2 DVD Drives 1 reader/1 writer, and 2 Hard Disks 80GB and 1TB. I am in the process of getting this new computer set up to eventually become our hosting server to replace my ancient HP PC that is hosting the board currently. This will happen possibly over the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. Thank you.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Z800 Workstation Donated

Post by bjcollin »

For now, I have decided to install Antsle edgeLinux OS onto the new Z800 workstation. It is a virtual cloud type of Linux operating system that allows me to create KVM virtual machines and/or LXC virtual containers on the fly much like the Amazon AWS cloud does. I have started getting an antlet (CentOS v7.5 KVM with LAMP stack) setup to hold the board. Hopefully I can get everything transferred over and get it to work right on the first try and have minimal downtime on the board for the switch over. I will let you guys know before I do a test switch over for the new server hopefully one weekend in November or December. Thank you.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

For the mildly curious... The current server hardware configuration:

Homebuilt ASUS H81M-K motherboard with Intel Celeron G1830 CPU @ 2.8 GHz (2 cores)
Patriot viper DDR3 DIMM 4Gb @ 1333MHz
Western Digital Blue 500Gb SATA hard disk
DVD-RW optical drive

The current server OS software configuration:
Ubuntu Linux 18.04.1 LTS x86_64
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I scrapped the idea of the antsle edgelinux OS last night on the new Z800 server. It was just proving to be too much hassles to work with, although it promised to be so easy at first. So what I ended up doing is wiping the hard disks and installing a known good CentOS 7.5 build 1810 onto the new Z800 server. Now I will spend the next few week configuring it as a new server to hold the board. Tests will be coming during the Christmas holidays. Cheers.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Awesome bj!! Thanks so much for all your hard work!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Yaye,
I can finally respond on here 😃
Yes, thanks BJ, you’re awesome
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I guess I forgot to provide closure on this thread. The donated HP Z800 workstation was such a physical beast that it would continually cause the electrical breakers in my home office to pop, and the small UPS that I have would not hold it up past a few minutes... so I ended up donating this server to a local systems admin co-worker of mine who had a total loss fire at his home last year. He was needing some help getting back on his feet and getting some equipment restored for him to use in his temporary living situation... so I turned around and donated the workstation to him so he could have a PC to use. Happy to at least say that our ministry can report that we were totally faithful with last years single donation of resources, and that we can say we used those resources as the Lord directed them.

This also means that I will eventually need to find an alternative hosting solution for this board eventually. I have checked out Amazon AWS Cloud with their free year offer this past year, and I think it would do nicely as a replacement, although I am not sure of final costs now that my free year has expired. I have also checked into just purchasing a new PC to serve as the host replacing my old PC that hosts the board now. This might become the best option. I could also just use my low cost raspberry pi as the host server with a large enough sim or a remote mounted storage solution which could serve as the storage. Even my smaller UPS could hold the router with a pi up for hours to get through weather related power outages. Any other thoughts, just PM me. Thanks.
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Well,
You’re the genius, lol!
Let me know costs and such, so I can help 😉
Be Transformed......
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

I hope it's not wrong of me to ask but in light of the decisions you have to make as well as the dream you had about the board bj, what do you see/hear about Tehillah's future?
***More To Come***

and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Great question Em!!
Be Transformed......
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Truthfully I think I had lost the vision for the board for a while back there, except to just carry it along and to keep it running... These last 5 years I have been going through an interesting and growing time in my life and ministry, especially these last 2 years for sure. I have been developing more these last 2 years as an associate pastor of a small local A/G church here in town.

When we were living in Plano and assisting Streams Ministries with the DFW Bridge church plant, which was a much larger and way different church, I had just completed my schooling at CFNI and I was learning leaps and bounds about dreams and visions and God was growing me in interpretation and serving on the church dreams team. Then when my job moved us to San Antonio, we were going through a very dry and trying time church wise (spiritual climate differences and life differences), so our Bishop assigned me to assist another local pastor in our IPHC conference who needed our help. I have been working more on my teaching gifting and less on dream interpretation except through keeping up the board and an occasional dream that somebody will verbally share with me.

I still have a vision for teaching others, including listening to the Holy Spirit and dream interpretation skills, but I also have a vision for church ministry and I hope to have a church of our own to pastor sometime in the next few years. As for this board, I will continue to faithfully host it and maintenance it and provide leadership for it. As I have been watching the FB dream groups go through their phases I see all of the same growth signs and mistakes signs as well that we have had over the years... I still feel that there needs to be somebody who is providing this type of more intimate dream interpretation board with teachings and pastoral type input as well. I hope this makes some sense. I know without vision the people perish (Prov 29:18 KJV), so I need to press in and really hear what the Lord's vision is for this board as well as for my part to play in it.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Makes complete sense bj. Thank you so much for your faithfulness. I guess in a nutshell, we have been changing and growing as well these past few years as He has challenged us both in the ways we thought/believed and in how we did/do things.

It has been a very full and interesting year and next year is looking to bring even more changes. I will support His vision for Tehillah regardless of where we are. I trust you will hear from Him brother. He always has a plan.

Grace as you each run your race!
***More To Come***