Board Software Upgrades

The latest news from Administration
bjcollin
Site Owner

Board Software Upgrades

Post by bjcollin »

Sometime tomorrow or this weekend I plan to take the board offline for some badly needed software version upgrades.

The board phpbb software is currently at version 3.2.8 and there is a 3.2.9 minor update as well as a 3.3.0 major version update that I need patch update.

Also, all user accounts need permissions updated as well because some of them got corrupted during the last software version upgrade.

I already updated the Ubuntu linux operating system that the board runs on last week and rebooted it during the storm outages.

Thank you.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Board Software Upgrades

Post by bjcollin »

I ended up fiddling with my ubuntu server saturday and updated the OS updates and security patches. I also fixed the php ini files to allow 8MB uploads vs 2MB default uploads. I think this will affect my wordpress blog and not affect the board. I still need to do some more updates today.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sorry I had to update some Ubuntu Linux host software and it wanted to reboot the server a few minutes ago. I apologize if anybody got denied access to the board on accident or lost a post. Just FYI, It seems that I will have to do some more updates on the PhpBB board software later this weekend, so there might be some more outages this weekend. BJC 11-18-2020
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

The board will be going up/down today and tomorrow for software upgrades. I don't see anybody on now, so I will be rebooting it in the next few minutes or so. Thank you.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Phase 1 of software upgrades completed server update from Ubuntu Linux 18.04 to 20.04.

Next later this afternoon I will update the Board Software to go along with it. More reboots and down time coming. Thank you.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I have finally completed all the software updates that caused board downtime this weekend:

1. Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 18.04 to 20.04
2. phpBB: 2.x to 3.3.2

Still some configuration of some things like graphics to do, but the board should be operational. Let me know via email to bjcollin@hotmail.com if you encounter any problems. Thank you.

in Christ,