Long skirts at the mall, trailer park, and a song

Archives for 2008
Victorious
Gold Member

Long skirts at the mall, trailer park, and a song

Post by Victorious »

This has affected me deeply. I believe I know the meaning, just seeking confirmation.

My husband was driving us - he said he had to show me something. We turned left onto the road that goes to our friends' house (the same friends that I posted in "Dream Questions" about always dreaming about). Then I saw a trailer park on the right side of the road; there were only very old trailers, like from the 1950's to 1970's. There was a cluster of 4 very old, very small, silver colored ones together, and that's where we went.

We were sitting around a small room with lots of other people, maybe about 20 of us all together. There were only 2 other females there that I was aware of, a mother and daughter. I seemed to know the daughter, and the mom reminded me strongly of a *very* sweet lady at my church, the children's pastor. It wasn't her, but maybe someone representing her sweet spirit or her ministry? The walls were brown wood paneling, the seats of the benches we were on were black vinyl, and the windows were small, but it was not uncomfortable or hot and stuffy. A big burly man told me this was where I would be staying in Haiti. (Our church actively supports a children's home in Haiti, and I have been having many dreams lately about Haiti.) I looked around for roaches and not seeing any, decided I could handle it. Then another man told me he needed to show me his knife in another room. I thought he wanted to kill me :roll: so I told my husband we needed to leave.

I woke up briefly and I had the old Bangles song "Eternal Flame" in my mind. I only listen to Christian music now so this was not from me ...

Close your eyes, give me your hand, do you feel my heart beating, do you understand? Do you feel the same? Am I only dreaming? Or is this burning an eternal flame?

Fell right back to sleep and the dream continued. I was going down the escalator at the mall with the teen girl. We were both wearing long skirts and I mentioned how every store in the mall had long skirts from all over the world. (Each store represented a different country.) She said she liked long skirts from a particular foreign country and when I asked why, she said she was from there.

We went back to the trailer so she could tell her mom I liked long skirts, She was very excited about it. The mom asked me if I was a Christian, and I said yes. I noticed that this time, the walls were light blue. Again, there were LOTS of people in this little space. She had a pretty basket full of white, spiral-bound books - Christian literature of some sort. She offered to let me read them.

I went out and was walking towards a local mall. At the crosswalk, I saw my mom coming (walking towards the mall as well, but to the left of me) and she had a 3yo boy with her. I *assumed* it was my 2-month old son, but in the future, and I went to hold his hand. This mall IRL is called International Plaza. When I woke up, that song was in my head again, and I felt like Jesus was singing it to me, with me singing back the part that says, "Am I only dreaming?" because I have been wondering if these dreams about Haiti are from Him or just from hearing about Haiti from church.
[/i]
Mama table
Platinum Member

Doesn't just sound like Haiti to me.

Post by Mama table »

My pastor once said some secular songs can have more anointing than some chrisitian song, it is all the heart behind it....

Close your eyes, give me your hand, do you feel my heart beating, do you understand? Do you feel the same? Am I only dreaming? Or is this burning an eternal flame?

The heart of God beat..souls, souls, souls...
do you understand ?
Are you just dreaming or is this eternal flame the flame of God that fell on pentecost and is now in our hearts in our mouths on our feet...

Sounds like a call to the nations to me...
I could be wrong
I love the Lord
Victorious
Gold Member

Post by Victorious »

I didn't even get the eternal flame part - thanks for posting that!!! Wow. This is just so heavy on my heart - I don't know what to do with it. Is this for me? Is this for the body of Christ? Both?
Jehu
Diamond Member

?

Post by Jehu »

Wow,
I cant say I know what it means, but it makes me want to worship God. I felt like God was singing that song to me also. I will watch and learn.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
Robosec
Silver Member

Post by Robosec »

It sounds like God might be opening up a kind of mission to you...Maybe this mission will take you to foreign places or maybe it is via the Internet, which reaches all nations.
I started a music ministry to seniors and have been bringing a full service to three senior facilities once a month.
Victorious
Gold Member

Post by Victorious »

I had been praying for 2 things ~

1. If God is calling me into missions, to give me HIS heart for the people I would serve, and
2. If God is calling me into missions, to let me know it's not just my dream, but His calling.
grace_full1
Diamond Member

Post by grace_full1 »

when I saw the part about long skirts...I thought of purity...modesty...that kind of thing...

I too feel the song Eternal flame is a call to you from the Lord....he is asking if you feel his heart beating...to do that you need to right up against the persons chest....it's something either children do when sitting on daddy's lap...or a lover would do laying next to their love.....

there is a closeness there...intimacy... in order to feel the beating of ones heart....

Just throwing in my .02...(i'm an 80's gal that song is now going through my mind....won't ever be the same for me!!!! *grin*)
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~ Romans 15:13

Grace_full1