Leavin' on a jet plane -three times

Archives for 2008
Charys
Diamond Member

Leavin' on a jet plane -three times

Post by Charys »

I've had three dreams in the same week with the same theme-twice last night.

In each dream I am told that it is time for me to go to the airport to catch my plane to fly home, but in each instance the announcement caught me by surprise and I was not packed. Each time I ran around collecting things to toss in my suitcase -clothing and books mostly. I felt great time pressure.

The first dream was he most complex. I was leaving my husband in England because my visa was up. (this actually happened last year when I had to go home without my husband who was working in the U.S.) At the airport I couldn't find my ticket. I was very upset and anxious. My husband spoke to the check-in clerk and she found it online. She seemed to think I was a journalist (I have been struggling unsuccessfully to write a novel) I didn't take time to correct her although I didn't think it was really true . I saw two elderly people ready to board a plane who both said they were retiring from the profession I am now in. Then I was told I had to fill in a form before I could board. The form was actually a quiz involving putting pop culture icons in sequence, but since two of the four pictures were cut off the page I couldn't answer because I did not have all the information. I asked for another test. The same thing happened but it involved cartoon characters. Two were cut off. Then my husband handed me our son (now grown) who was a toddler in the dream. He was not dressed for travelling. He had no coat and his shoes and socks did not match and I had not packed a suitcase for him. I was very frustrated and lost my temper. I felt angry and ashamed of my behaviour.

In the second dream I was frantically getting ready to go to the airport, but I stopped and laid down in bed beside my mother and gently stroked her head and said goodbye. My mother is actually in the late stages of Alzheimer's disease, but in the dream she was loving and coherent. Then I left for the airport. I felt peace about leaving her.

In the third dream I was at my mother-in-law's apartment. I was again frantically trying to pack but I wanted to put two bottles of milk through the separator for her before I left, but she pointed out that we don't need to do that because milk is homogenized now. I made sure to leave enough for two orphaned calves. Before I dashed to the airport I drank some milk myself feeling it was a luxury I didn't really need. There were other relatives standing around watching me.
I woke up hearing the song "Thou oh Lord art a shield about me. You're my glory. You're the lifter of my head. Alleluia Alleluia..." in my head.

Any ideas?
liveoutloudster
Gold Member

Post by liveoutloudster »

Hi Charys,

The first dream in particular reminds me of Jesus' parable of the ten virgins (Matthew 25:1-13). The dream appears to have an urgency, but a sense of being unprepared. I think that there may be a sense of urgency to be prepared for something God's going to do in your life--whether that's Christ's return or just a new movement of His Spirit in your life I'm unsure. I believe He wants you to press into Him during this season as a way of preparation.

If this doesn't speak to you, please disregard it. I'm still quite new in my gift. :)
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

liveoutloudster wrote:Hi Charys,

The first dream in particular reminds me of Jesus' parable of the ten virgins (Matthew 25:1-13). The dream appears to have an urgency, but a sense of being unprepared. I think that there may be a sense of urgency to be prepared for something God's going to do in your life--whether that's Christ's return or just a new movement of His Spirit in your life I'm unsure. I believe He wants you to press into Him during this season as a way of preparation.

If this doesn't speak to you, please disregard it. I'm still quite new in my gift. :)
Yes. This feels right to me. Pardon my ignorance, but what does "pressing in to Him" mean to you? I mean what does it involve? What does it look like? Is it like praying all night? Praying harder? Louder? Is it worshipping the Lord? Is it Bible study? Spending more time alone with Him?
I'm from a stodgy old traditional church (full of dear people who love the Lord, mind you)and charismatic lingo is fairly new to me.
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

hello... me again.

Taking Flight means to me about moving into the Spiritual atmosphere. Living our life from that vantage point and not staying focused on the natural realm being our only grid for reality.

You have to be careful not to let performance based issues be the foundation of your walk into and with God. To press into Him has more to do with surrendering, yielding, than it does anything else. Look into what or where it is that He is desiring for you to surrender to His will, His desire, His heart, His love and then give it to Him. It's very important... i had a dream many years ago where I counseled a room full of people who were waiting to hear from God about what time we were in and what it was that God was after. In the Dream i said that "we were (are) Entering the Time of the Second Descent... when Moses came down with the Glory of God manifest in him." And I said to them..."whatever God asks of you...Give it to Him... it is very important!"

We are already asked to Pray without ceasing, to Worship Him with every breath as we express our heart of gratitude toward Him for His goodness toward us, To study the Word is to Know Him. And to learn to discern His presence and His feelings should be exercised just as much as we give expression to our own feelings.
To Be Still..... and KNOW Him. That is the task.

cheers... i haven't interpreted your dreams as you are content with what was offered as an understanding so I have just commented on what you wrote.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Leavin' on a jet plane -three times

Post by bjcollin »

Charys wrote:I woke up hearing the song "Thou oh Lord art a shield about me. You're my glory. You're the lifter of my head. Alleluia Alleluia..." in my head.
Any ideas?
Just wanted to post a comment on the psalm/song in the last part of your dream. I used to know a song with those same words that came out of the GCM churches back in the 1970's - 1980's timeframe. The words from that song come from the Bible in Psalm 3:3. This particular Psalm 3 is a Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom his son and it was his morning prayer of trust in God. The story of Absalom can be found throughout 2 Samuel. I think the message here is that no matter the circumstances in your life, David had been pushed out of his kingdom and was on the run for his life from his own son and it can't get much worse than that, God and God alone is the one who protects you and raises you up. Hope this helps.

in Christ,