Noah's Ark

Archives for 2007
Missyjojo88
Platinum Member

Noah's Ark

Post by Missyjojo88 »

I dreamed that a pastor was speaking and he said that he would have loved to be in Noah's ark when the door was closing. Then I saw an image of two women running with a little boy behind them while a flood was rapidly approaching. The street begin to be flooded by the wave of water. Then I saw Noah's ark floating above the intense water which manage to turn the ark upside down in a circle until it stood right side up again. I wondered why there were no windows for those in the ark to see what was taking place outside.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Powerful. Re-read the Biblical account of Noah in Gen 6 - Gen 7. I'll have more later. Gotta go now.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Finally I can get back to this dream. Talk about a wild schedule lately for me.

The first thing I thought of in re-reading the Genesis account is the differences between what is there in the Biblical text and how hollywood and even some radio preachers lately have played that scene. And even note the differences between the Biblical text and in this dream. For example, the Bible doesn't say that the local people mocked Noah for building a boat in the middle of a desert, but you know they must have cause you see that on the tv stories. The Bible doesn't say that seemingly innocent people like women and children were running toward the ark at the last minute, but you know they must have wanting to seek shelter from the rising waters. I can imagine Noah and his family hearing the screams of the dieing people banging on the door of the ark after God had already shut the door. The Bible doesn't say that the ark ever turned over at all, but we know from science and the measurements presented in the Bible that it would have been a very stable vessel even in rough seas and it would be nearly impossible for it to turn over. The Bible does record that there was only one window and it was way up high toward the top of the vessel. That is all I had, just some observations. Hope they bless you in finding the meaning of this dream.

in Christ,
WingsofHealing
Platinum Member

Post by WingsofHealing »

i have to agree with mr.collins because so many of us THINK we know what the bible says. Did you know the ground opened up as well as it rained? The ground opened up Genesis 7:11.. THe grounds burst open..
also there were clean and unclean animals not just 2 X 2. But clean animals were taken in 7 X 7's. IT was the unclean that were 2 X 2. I believe the Lord has truth for you, MUCH TRUTH, where you may have thought you knew the truth. This truth that you find as you read scripture will set you free in many areas of your life. Read about creation, what did God do? Pray before you read scripture, pray and ask the HOLY SPIRIT to open your eyes to truth.
be blessed greatly as you read the HOLY SCRIPTURES.
nicole
May we ALL FIND the healing in the Lords wings and be still to absorb all we can.
talitha

Re: Noah's Ark

Post by talitha »

This one keeps bothering me too because the pastor said he wished he could have been there - God was grieved, that's why the whole flood happened. It was nothing to desire to see, all of humanity being destroyed except one family. This passage of scripture from Luke 9 comes to mind:

When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem; and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." And they went on to another village.

I wonder what the Lord might be saying about this church and this pastor...... hoping I'm wrong......

bless you
tal
Missyjojo88 wrote:I dreamed that a pastor was speaking and he said that he would have loved to be in Noah's ark when the door was closing. Then I saw an image of two women running with a little boy behind them while a flood was rapidly approaching. The street begin to be flooded by the wave of water. Then I saw Noah's ark floating above the intense water which manage to turn the ark upside down in a circle until it stood right side up again. I wondered why there were no windows for those in the ark to see what was taking place outside.
Missyjojo88
Platinum Member

Post by Missyjojo88 »

Thank you all for the insights.