Sinking sand

Archives for 2009
souledonHim
Gold Member

Sinking sand

Post by souledonHim »

I was in the kitchen of my oldest sisters house IRL she is a pastor. I noticed that her floor is all sand and in the middle of her kitchen floor it was sinking. My Mom was there and we seemed to be trying to fix the situation. Then we end up in the bedroom where we are all on the bed, I get up and walk out to the living room. I then see my Dad and he is holding something and my Mom walks in and Dad asks her "Are you ready to go". She says yes and he stands up and bundles up the stuff he is holding I then notice that it is some kind of cloth with pony beads attached to it. It seemed to be an old piece of cloth that was falling apart. I then take it from him to put into the bedroom. Thank you and God bless.
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi there!!

Just some thoughts for you to consider in prayer.

I thought of the kitchen being your sister's heart. Have you ever heard that the kitchen is the heart of the home? That is where everyone meets and eats and socializes. Could this part of the dream be showing you the condition of your sisters heart? Sinking? Maybe she is hurting or depressed about something or going through something spiritually?

Seeing that you and your mom or you and HolySpirit may be interceding for her..trying to breakthrough for her in prayer?

The bed is a place of rest, wondering if the Lord is speaking to you about putting the situation to rest or bed..leaving it to Him?

I thought of the piece of cloth as a prayer cloth or prayer shawl..strange I know..but that is what I thought of. Seeing that perhaps that is what you are to leave with her..a prayer cloth or maybe that is just symbolic of prayer..????

Possible Interp:
Seeing this dream as perhaps the Lord showing you inside your sister's heart or whomever she represents. She seems to be sinking in despair or possibly another spiritual problem. It seems that you are interceding for her or perhaps the Lord is calling you to. But it also seems that perhaps you are trying to carry the burden of fixing the situation and it seems that perhaps you are to put that to rest/bed. Leave the fixing to the Lord. Only leaving the prayers or prayer cloth that you receive from the Father with her.

I hope this helps. But if not please discard.
Lots of Love to you.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Daybreak
Site Admin

Post by Daybreak »

I read your dream and unfortunately I don't have an interpretation...however as I was reading all I could hear is this great old hymn in my spirit.

Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
souledonHim
Gold Member

Post by souledonHim »

As I thought about the dream I also thought of the song. As the day went on I started to feel that something spiritually was wrong with my sister. I then tried to call but haven't gotten ahold of her. I think that what waitingforHim has said about about me and my Mom interceding for her is right. My Mom passed away about 7 years ago, and what comes to mind is a day when my Mom was in the hospital. My sister came to see my Mom and my sister just sat there reading her bible. She didn't know how to communicate or just talk to our Mom. Then all of a sudden my sister had just left without a word to me or my Mom. My Mom asked where she was and I said I didn't know it was then that my mom told me these words that have stuck with me. "Your sister needs love".

A little info on my sister. The bible is her life, she communicates with it better than her family. She is a hell and brimstone preacher and there is no room for grace. I love my sister dearly, but I do not agree with her ways. We are a family of 11 and I am about the only one who wants to be around her and spend time with her. I love my sister but I disagree with her teachings. I cannot say anything to her about them because she will associate me with the devil and shut me out. So, I just listen to her and don't agree one way or the other. I truly believe that the only one that can change her is God.
and a light for my path.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I was waiting for you to reply before I told you this. As I was typing out the interp. I felt the Holy Spirit was showing me that there are alot of hurts in your sister's heart regarding your mom...I remembered you telling me before that your mom had passed on. And as I read your dream I felt that there may be some issues there that are causing her pain..

I know this can be so difficult. I believe that your ministering to her in "Love" and prayer is the most important. I do believe that God can do the work and will deliver her from all that she is in need of.

Standing with you in prayer.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
souledonHim
Gold Member

Post by souledonHim »

Thank you WFH, my sister hates to show her true feelings or even to reveal them. Thank you for your prayers I know they will help. God Bless.
and a light for my path.
Liger

Does your sister pastor men? If so this verse may help.

Post by Liger »

1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Does your sister pastor men? If so this verse may help.
talitha

Post by talitha »

I think that the problems your sister has with your mom are probably related to the fire-and-brimstone preaching. As I was reading the thread, I felt that your sister is relating only to one side of God - the justice side - and not the other side - the mercy side - God is full of grace AND truth, not just truth.

Since God is neither male nor female, but He created both Adam and Eve in His image, I tend to believe that He has a male/warrior side and a female/nurturer side. People who've had problems with their mother might relate only to the male/warrior side. Most of society relates only to the female/nurturer side - that is a problem we have in how the world sees God today, and I believe it has to do with all the people raised by single mothers or in abusive or dysfunctional situations.

Bottom line is, your mom is right - your sister needs love..... and it is wonderful, souledonhim, that you are in her life to give it to her. I believe you were given this dream for insight in intercession.

blessings
tal
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Liger,

There is more than one side, the male dominated side, in scripture on
the issue of women and God's ability to use them, both in the OT and
the NT.

Of particular note is this passage by the same Apostle Paul in Galatians 3:28 (KJV)
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I find it curious how we can reconcile this seemingly contradictory
statements by the same man. How can we, in Christ, lose our distinctions and
still maintain them? Or was there another purpose beyond a sexist purpose that is
being addressed here. Because, as we examine the scriptures, it
becomes clear that God has historically used women in leadership roles.

In the OT, God used women, not just to teach or rule over men (Deborah,
the female Judge of Israel), but also to lead the victorious army over
Israel's enemies of the time. I know that Barach was the general, but even
he would not go out against their enemies without Deborah coming with.

This is just one example. In the NT, Paul labored in the Gospel with women.
So, for him to have religious reasons to bar women from speaking
in the churches must
have been quite a contradictory stance here. Euodia and Syntyche were
two women who labored with Paul in gospel. You cannot "labor in the Gospel"
and not teach it... Phil. 4:2-3 (KJV) I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

Of particular note is the case of Priscilla and Aquila. In Greek writings of
all kinds during this era, the woman is NEVER ONCE mentioned first outside
of the letters of Paul. Not in classical literature, not in sacred literature.
Yet, of the four times this precious couple is mentioned, TWICE, Paul
mentions the woman in front of the man. TWICE he refers to Priscilla
before Aquila, her husband. Why would this be. We know nothing,
not one thing, occurs in Sacred Scripture without a purpose.
I believe the purpose is the same as the passage from Galatians that
I referenced earlier, "...there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Hellenistic and Latin cultures did not make much allowance for the
education of their female
populations in that day, and the result was that women were wholly
dependant upon the male population for educated perspectives. They
also, unlike even our most conservative Christian denominations,
did not sit the sexes together, not even those who were married.
This obviously, created situations where a confused (because of her
lack of education, not lack of ability or intelligence) woman would
ask a question
of her husband during the discourse of scripture, it would be a distraction
and obviously, a disturbance of the teaching.

I believe this is the primary reason for Paul's statements which you quoted.

In Christ,

jeff
souledonHim
Gold Member

Post by souledonHim »

My sister is very one sided on her preaching. There is no love message or grace. She is a very kind person when you first meet her and one tends to fall in love with her and get close and then all of a sudden comes the hammer. She uses her preachy attitude that causes people to turn away from her and actually ignore her and I feel detest her. Which she then attributes to them being of satan. I sense that she feels totally righteous in all that she does because she reads her bible and prays all the time.

As far back as I can remember I don't think she has had a good relationship with our Mom. She has been like the woman at the well, being married about 4 or 5 times with relationships inbetween. She has been single now for about 10 years and now claims that Jesus is her husband. I know that Jesus can and will use anyone whether they are man or woman, married 20 times or not at all. I do feel that this is a personal problem that she has had with her mom.
and a light for my path.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I do feel that this is a personal problem that she has had with her mom.
As for the dream, I agree. Her foundation is made of sand, and it
is sinking. The kitchen is the room for the preparation of the meal,
the place of study for the pastor's vocation. Some older foundations
(represented by the parents?) are preparing to leave, and old cloth is
falling apart. What strikes me here is "graveclothes."

I believe that actually she is going to go through a severe shaking that
is going to lead to a radical transition in what she believes. It is going
to be a "resurrection" of sorts in her life, leaving the old behind,
a new foundation, a new life.

As for my response above, that was actually in response to Liger and his
verses he quoted there.

jeff
souledonHim
Gold Member

Post by souledonHim »

Jeff thank you for your reply as I read it I am in tears. I love my sister and want what is best for her. I know that only God can bring a change in her. What do you think the pony beads could represent on the cloth. It seemed to be something in the dream that stuck out.

Psalm 51:8 (King James Version)

8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
and a light for my path.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

What do you think the pony beads could represent on the cloth.
They stuck out to me also, but I didn't get anything on them.
Maybe someone else will.

Blessings...
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

pony (v.)
1824, in pony up "to pay," said to be from slang use of L. legem pone to mean "money" (first recorded 16c.), because this was the title of the Psalm for March 25, a Quarter Day and the first payday of the year (the Psalm's first line is Legem pone michi domine viam iustificacionum "Teach me, O Lord, the ways of thy statutes").
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Liger

jeff

Post by Liger »

The bible says it plainly. G-d says what he means and means what he says. In the computer industry they say if you torture the data long enough it will confess to anything.
Lets agree to disagree