Dream of a Lion when I was a child.

Archives for 2009
weatherfreak01

Dream of a Lion when I was a child.

Post by weatherfreak01 »

As a child (like 7 or 8 years old...I'm currently 26) I had this dream where I was standing in my front yard of my childhood home and there was a big lion chasing me. I ran like crazy because of fright and kept thinking to myself that I was about to be destroyed by his teeth. For some reason he got right on my heels, I stopped and turned around. A great amount of courage filled my inward being and I grabbed his teeth and yanked them out of his mouth. This quickly humbled the lion and he laid down (can't remember if it killed him or not). End of dream.

For some reason this dream is being brought to my attention the past several months. Just curious on your thoughts here.

Josh
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Lion dreams! What's with all the lion dreams? Cougars, a mountain lion now this one. This morning I heard "sea lion" and in November I had a vision of the roaring lion turning into a shrew when I identified it and stared it down.

Any others?

Praying for insight.
...that I might know Him...
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

JOsh...to me your dream speaks of overcoming an adversary (the enemy of our souls)...you know the expression that something lacks teeth which indicates that it has no real power...as a child you realised that the only way to confront your enemy was to disempower it...its actually a deeply interesting and prophetic dream...I would encourage you to ask the Lord for further revelation and the fact that you had it as a child...interesting...

bless you
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
PropheticWorshipper888

Hey!!

Post by PropheticWorshipper888 »

Ok When i read it this is What I felt in my spirit 2 Share. The Lion Represents a Fear or attack that is coming from your Child hood. When you said that you were 7 or 8 yrs old in the dream thats is how God usually deals wit us about a Past Issue. Its appears that all your Life you been running from this issue and never really trusting God With it and dealing with it Head on and Now its the season that God wants you to take authority Over This area Of Fear. Its sooooo much meat in your dream. Its almost like you dream that 4 me as well. Its time for you to stop running, use the power that the Lord has Placed in you, and Snatch the authority back that the Lord Has giving you and realize How powerless your enemy is in your Life. He can only have Power when we give him Power. TAKE IT BACK!! God Bless You I pray this helps in some way.

PropheticWorshipper
Walking In Destiny
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

...oh i may have misread...I thought you had had this dream when you were a child of 7 or 8 ie not a recent dream...yes..different inflection if it is a recent dream of when you were a child as PW888 suggests...
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
weatherfreak01

Post by weatherfreak01 »

yea I had the dream when i was a child. It has been brought back up to my mind again and again...which now does make sense when taken in with what has already been said about it. Yes, it does seem powerfully suggestive and prophetic in nature. I think I'm putting one and one together now...

Josh
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

...bless you Josh...good to hear that it is making more sense...anything else you can share?

charlie
Charlie
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Hi Josh,

Please consider with prayer:
As a child (like 7 or 8 years old...I'm currently 26) I had this dream where I was standing in my front yard of my childhood home
God gives prophetic dreams to children too. Standing in the front yard may indicate that this struggle will be out in the open for all to see.
and there was a big lion chasing me.
Lions can be symbolic of Jesus or satan. Since you pulled the lion's teeth and had victory we know it's the enemy in the dream and not Jesus.
1 Peter 5:8 (King James Version)

8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

I ran like crazy because of fright and kept thinking to myself that I was about to be destroyed by his teeth. For some reason he got right on my heels, I stopped and turned around.

Even though this dream was given to you as a child the situation that it deals with may not have manifested then but is happening now. Prophetic dreams can be for any time in our future. The teeth of the lion may indicate that he wants to devour you as the verse above states.
A great amount of courage filled my inward being and I grabbed his teeth and yanked them out of his mouth. This quickly humbled the lion and he laid down (can't remember if it killed him or not). End of dream.
You will raise up in this situation and Jesus will give you the strength you need to pull the teeth of the enemy.

Luke 9:1-3 (King James Version)

Luke 9
1Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

2And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

Interp: The Holy Spirit gave you this dream when you were young and has brought it back to your rememberance for this time in your life, I believe because it is time for the dream to help you in an area of your life now happening. The enemy is seeking to devour you and he is getting very close to your walk with the Lord. But the Lord has given you the power/authority to reach in the mouth of the lion and pull the bite right out of him. God is good all the time Josh and He has forever had His hand upon you. This situation has already been fought and won for our God has seen the beginning from the end and has went ahead and made provision and strenght for you (and me).

God Bless,
Joy