Lion with mouth open

Archives for 2009
Daybreak
Site Admin

Lion with mouth open

Post by Daybreak »

I had this very detailed dream about a friend of mine who is in they ministr ya few days earlier. Today I received an email from his wife with a similar theme.

My dream was very detailed and long, I want to share the ending which was I saw a lion that looked like it had shark teeth, but they were made out of iron, and it had this snarling look to it as its mouth was slightly ajarred, ready to destroy.

My friend's dream
A lion that seemed like a 'friend'... started to show aggression.
My friend used his shepherd's staff and poked it in the nose firmly to say 'get back' it responded with a very aggressive 'in your face' ALL TEETH showing move.....My friend just left ... fled... for his life.

End of dream
Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
talitha

Re: Lion with mouth open

Post by talitha »

Daybreak wrote:A lion that seemed like a 'friend'... started to show aggression.
this is very telling, probably. This lion probably symbolizes a person or organization that is supposed to be a friend to your friend, even perhaps a coverin-of-authority for him, but the Lord is warning that it/he will show a true nature, a nature which is not that of a friend.
My friend used his shepherd's staff and poked it in the nose firmly to say 'get back'
Does your friend walk in the office of pastor? this is a good move in that case, a move of authority, IMHO
it responded with a very aggressive 'in your face' ALL TEETH showing move.....
hmm together with your dream I think the Lord is showing a scheme of the enemy against your friend. Iron (from your dream)can be a symbol of authority (as in "ruling with an iron sceptor"). When cats show their teeth it is as you said "aggressive" and it is a move specifically meant to intimidate because the cat feels threatened. The proper response is to be ...in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God. (Phil 1:28 )
My friend just left ... fled... for his life.
This shows that your friend is still needing to know who he is in Christ - he needs prayer support and affirmation from you and from his wife and others...... because like David he should run to the battle.... Now, the way David became that way was through smaller victories, and smaller victories mean that there will be smaller battles which are crucial in building confidence that God can and will empower us to have the bigger victories....

I believe the dream you had is a heads-up to pray for your friend because there is a big face-off ahead for him.

blessings
tal

[edited only to get rid of that pesky 8)]
Last edited by talitha on Sun May 10, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daybreak
Site Admin

Post by Daybreak »

Wow...There is more here than I realize....WOW....My friend is a pastor and has had some oppression like no other. :cry: This definitely is confirmation to me and speaks VOLUMES. WOW.

Thank you for this dear Tal.
Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1
Daybreak
Site Admin

Post by Daybreak »

I've been praying about this for awhile now and feel its okay to release the first half of the dream I had. It's pretty detailed, but falls in the flow of what you shared.

The dream starts in a kitchen, a really nice renovated kitchen with marble counters and beautiful tile flooring, nice lighting. It was a cozy kitchen. It sort of reminded me of my mother's kitchen but this one in the dream is a lot bigger, the appliances were all stainless steel, and oversized. This kitchen was connected to the side of a church sanctuary, there were no doors between the two rooms, but a passage way, so you could walk freely from the sanctuary into the kitchen and visa versa.

There was music playing and three dancers dancing on stage dressed in white (they were wearing this ballerina puffy tu-tu's). Other musicians were there gathered at the bottom of the stage waiting for their turn to go on. They were sort of milling around and not really paying attention to what was going on the stage. Some were doing scales with their instruments and others were talking quite loudly and laughing, as the dancers on stage were dancing. (They were stunning!!!) I wasn't sure if this was the actual music concert or a dress rehearsal, but they were performing nevertheless.

The three girls had something like a shaking instrument in their hands it sounded like beads or rice in them. It wasn't a North American instrument, but more spanish or african, because of the shape and colours to this particular instrument. And as they danced to the music they were shaking the instrument in rhythm and were in sync. I was in the kitchen monitoring the goings on as they were many people cleaning and tidying up. I remember looking in the sink and saw dirty, greasy bubbled water. And I also remember looking outside the window which was situated in front of the sink and it was night time.

I remember turning around and hearing my friend's voice and he was collecting money as a love offering for the musicians and dancers that were performing for this concert. I believe he was part of this church and was a music pastor there. When I came out of the kitchen and looked in this rather large sanctuary there were only one row that had six people sitting altogether and possibly a handful of people sitting here and there in the sanctuary, but the place was pretty much empty and I really felt bad for him. The music assembly was pretty big, and the turn out was extremely poor. One of the people sitting with the row of six was/is someone I work with (irl her name is Nancy Neumann - Nancy means - Grace/Favour, Neumann of course sounds like New Man, I saw this on a website for the meaning of her last name -New man, settler, or newcomer). Anyway, I saw my pastor friend with this rectangular leather purse collecting money from people. I remember looking down in my wallet and I had wads and wads of 20 dollar bills. I had never seen so many $20's in my life. And so he came by and I remember reaching down in my wallet but not looking at what I was pulling out (because I knew I was going to donate $20 to the cause which I had in my wallet). I remember him sharing that he was trying to get the Vineyard church to be part of this assembly but was having all kinds of problems getting that set up. He never elaborated but made some kind of usual, funny side comment and I gave him my money. I was shocked to find that as I was putting my money in his purse he was carrying, the $20 that I was planning to give, was a five dollar bill. I was so upset because again I opened my wallet and there were wads and wads of twenty bills, and I couldn't figure out where this five came from. By the time I looked up again, my pastor friend was far away from me, with the bag of money. I was so mad at myself and felt guilty that I only gave $5 rather than $20. As I was having this conversation in my head trying to figure out how I ended up with a $5, I turned around to go back to the kitchen and when I looked down on the floor was clear clean water up to my ankles. And I remember turning around to look at the sanctuary and everything in the dream darkened and the last thing I saw was a lion and its teeth. The teeth in the lion looked like shark teeth, but they were made out of iron, and it had this snarling look to it as its mouth was slightly ajarred, ready to destroy. End of dream
Daybreak
Site Admin

Post by Daybreak »

*bump
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

What stuck out to me was Nancy (grace) and you giving him a $5 bill and 5 can also stand for grace....Maybe you need to pray grace and protection over your friend in this time.....
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
RevK
Diamond Member

Post by RevK »

Job 4:7-11 - 7 Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off? 8 Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same. 9 By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath 19 of his nostrils are they consumed. 10 The roaring of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lions, are broken. 11 The old lion perisheth for lack of prey, and the stout lion's whelps are scattered abroad.