Reoccuring nightmare.

Archives for 2007
Krista
Diamond Member

Reoccuring nightmare.

Post by Krista »

Heya all!
Last night I dreamt I drove in my car two hours to get to a special gathering. When I got there, and parked, I saw a friend of mine, who is a midget getting lead off into the woods by a guy.

I thought that was surely not good, and so I took her back to my car, and it seemed we were both very thirsty. I gave her coca cola, but was trying to insist she also drink water. (shes also a muslim)

Then all of a sudden we were getting to where everyone was gathering. It seemed to be a reunion for our class or something. Everyone was in a looong line, and we got to the very back of the line. It seemed to be the short girls fault somehow that we were late. The line was to get food from a buffet style food line.

There was LOADS of food. I happily and hungerly gatherd grapes, lettuce, different veggies. I then went to find more of the staple meats and things..but couldn't find any. By the time the people at the end of the line started to gather..everyone started to put the food away. I started frantically looking around for the food, feeling hungry and feeling a state of panic.

All the rest of the people in the line, had somehow gone faster then me, and so had gotten food. But I was wandering around. Finally I gave up and went to sit down with my bowl of fruit and veggies. They started to actually flick off the lights of the building. Which absolutely freaked me out.

In the end, I saw some friends of mine, who were also muslims, sitting next to giant cabinets of pastries and muffins. They were huge. I felt like it was a bit of sugar, and I'd prefer real food, but I was so hungry I didn't care.

I should state that I've felt these dreams stem from low blood sugar. I should also say, that ive had these nightmares since I was a kid. Being around loads of food, and then people putting it away before I get a chance to get any. This is a very very upsetting dream to me..so please don't laugh! (I can see you laughing!!) :D
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Hi Krista,

You are too funny! No, I'm not laughing, 'cause I don't dream about it , but really LOVE to have a drink (water, tea, diet coke) with me all the time - wierd.

I've always been moved by your interactions with people who are not Christians. You display such a huge heart of love. I'm not saying this is interp., but wondering if you feel you are getting your own heart fed adequately (spiritual meat...deep satisfying fellowship with Jesus?). Or another thought...is it possibly a tactic of the enemy to cause you to keep hungering so you will look at the muffins that your friends are enjoying?

Really. I'm just throwing thoughts out ok?

I'm glad you're such a beautiful light for our Jesus up there in Sweden!

Bless you sister!

kimibrew
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

Hey kim!
Thanks so very very much for your post, it was beautiful. I believe you were right on! Ironically I was just listening to a sermon about Rachel demanding children from Jacob. The sermon was all about how we can look to something, or someone for the hole in our heart.

It's been describing me for the last few months, recently God has fufilled my heart in a special way, but a bit before I was kicking and screaming looking for something to fill me up. The question I have, and maybe you can answer it is..I read my bible and pray, I feel "close" to God, but it seems I should be getting closer. Do you have any suggestions on how to have a deeper more satisfying relationship with God?

Theres a few things that I do feel when I'm looking at the muslims. I feel they have an intense bond with each other, and a strong sense of fellowship. Something I'm really longing for. I think fellowship worship is the main thing. that I'm really longing for. Any thoughts and suggestions would be wonderful!
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Hi Krista, you dear heart!

I really admire you for your relationships with muslims. We've worked so much in Christian circles that I've been asking the Lord to give me some non-believers to balance me out...I mean people to love and care for as He moves in their lives. That's what you have. Go girl.

On the other hand, I can see why you are longing for more sweet, deep fellowship. You are in a difficult place, but I just want to affirm what a precious gift you are from the Lord to these people and to this board.

You and I gave some differing thoughts on tongues. I'd like to just tell you from my own experience, ok. I was raised by a passionate, God-loving mom who was blessed with passionate, God-loving friends. One of them told me (still in my mind after 30 yrs) that God would not give such a precious gift that edifies (scriptural) to just some. He wants us all so built up in Him. Different subject, but this same person would tell me that everyone can have as much of God as they desire...it only costs pursuing Him. I love that one.

Anyways, I'm 46 and was released in tongues when I was nine. I've been more diligent at different times,b ut have always found that the more I give myself to praying in tongues, the more I benefit in closeness to the Holy SPirit. I don't know what goes on there, but it is an instant bond that brings me into safety with Him. I've also found that when I fast (I'm not too good here) that immediately I can pray in the Spirit consistantly.

You might get some better thoughts from tal - I know she has written about this also. I think tongues is one of the most fought against, incredible blessings from the Lord and He is more than happy (it was His idea in the first place) to release this gift in every child.

I think where people get confused is in the different operations. We are told how to release a word in tongues in a public gathering, but there is also the constant ability within us to pray in tongues day in and day out (I thank God I pray in tongues more than all of you...Paul)

Anyways, everyone I know who prays in tongues and pushes in this way is blessed with more of Him in closeness, intimacy, understanding, ministry. We have always had homegroups and my husband is big on this so we talk lots about it. The testimonies given when people really press in here are amazing. Also the big stink the enemy tries to stir up over this is amazing, but after people push through their misunderstandings and cry out for the Holy Spirit to release it in them, they are ALWAYS amazed at His goodness.

Just thoughts, ok? Even if you disagree or are uncomfortable with what I've said, please remember that I think you are an amazing light and love and Jesus shines beautifully in you!

Blessings,

kimibrew
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

No problem Kim, I appreciate your response! I don't think that tongues is illigitament as a gift, I've just never personally spoken in tongues before!

I think there's also a real danger in tongues when misused in a group, but I also think God can use it. I've recently had three experiences that has made me ponder, maybe this is "close" to tongues.

I was once interceding for a man whos in the occult. I woke up one morning to actually hear myself praying for him, praying that God would save him. At the same time I also saw myself at the foot of my bed, surrounded with many demons (this mans demons I remember thinking) And activly fighting with them.

It was intresting to listen to myself praying. I was not activly doing it. It happend another time when I was praying for two friends for God to bless them, including one of the muslim girls I was telling you about.

It happend one other time when I was praying to God to release me from being a "slave to sin" and that was one of the most remarkable times, because God set me free, and actually saved someone!

All of those times are when im half asleep, and I start out praying before bed, and it just keeps on going. I believe I can also hear God responding to me, but I can never really remember what he says, only remember what my responses are. Those times are deeply satisfying.

I'm not actually praying myself, I'm almost listening to myself pray. Is this a sort of tongues?
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Hi Krista,

Those sound like amazing experiences! I'd love some of that!

I don't think that was tongues, unless you were praying in a language unkown to you. Tongues certainly isn't the goal of everything, but is a gift that helps you on the path to the goal - drawing closer to Jesus and looking more like Him, experiencing all He has and providing for others out of His provision.

If you decide you're interested in tongues here are a few thoughts...1) You can totally trust Jesus to give you more of the Holy Spirit when you seek for Him...He won't give you something bad; 2) All you have to do is ask Him for this provision - it truly is a gracious gift; 3) When you receive the gift, it will be spoken at your discretion, meaning when people have done silly things it's because THEY made mistakes, the gift is still good and safe. The beauty of tongues is (Corinthians) that your spirit is praying while your mind is not, meaning that you can pray in tongues silently while letting a friend share, or during difficult situations, or lying in your bed at night...all the time you choose.

Your experiences sound like your spirit remained active in intercession even while you slept...I don't really understand, but it sounds great!

You continually amaze me at the people you are fighting on behalf of. I really admire you.

kimibrew