Prophetic/visionary Dreams?

Archives for 2007
blove

Prophetic/visionary Dreams?

Post by blove »

Hi again...the second dream/set of dreams I wanted help with is another type of recurring dream.

In August 1995, I came home from the hospital with my son. That night, I woke up crying desperately from a horrible dream. In my dream I was in a house and I was trying to warn people that they needed to leave and seek shelter. But, no one could understand me or they were ignoring me. I looked out the window and I could see this darkness coming. It scared me and I knew it meant danger to the people. I kept trying to beg them to leave...to run and get away before it was too late. But, the people were Asian and did not speak English or they couldn't understand me. I was desperate to make them understand and run, but no one listened.

As I looked out the window, I saw the earth opening up and buildings/houses were crumbling. People were screaming and running and crying. Babies were wailing and children were yelling. All I could do was stand there and cry because no one would listen.

I woke up crying and sooooo sad, I could hardly breathe. I finally went back to sleep and the next day I told my sister about the dream. I rarely watch TV...I mean, one or two times in a year! About 6 months later, my sister called me and asked me if I remembered the dream. I said yes, that I could not forget it. She asked if it was an earthquake I saw in my dream and I said yes. She then asked the nationality of the people in my dream, and I said Asian. She told me a huge earthquake had just hit Lijiang City in China.

I also dreamed about the Sagueney Flood of 1996 - I was in the white house that was left standing. I dreamed of the tornado outbreaks in 1996. I dreamed of the Thailand Tsunami. I dreamed of various floods, mudslides, and other natural disasters.

In addition to natural disaster dreams, I sometimes have dreams about people or events that later come true. What does this mean?
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

It means you have prophetic dreams! :)

I would seek the Lord whole-heartedly and ask Him what all you should do.... even if prayer is all you should do. We can never underestimate prayer, either; it is very powerful.

I think, and am still learning myself, but I think God shows us the plans of the enemy at times so we can pray against and possibly thwart those plans. I was thinking He was showing me stuff that was going to happen no matter what but I prayed about it and after some time, I felt He was saying No, I am showing u the enemy's plans so u can fight/pray against them.

I wish there was a crash course in all this....
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Since these dreams already came to pass and you know the interps. you may want to post these types of dreams under dream testimonies...And if you have any questions we have an area for that as well...This section is mainly for dream and vision interps...people seeking interps. for them...

Sounds like the Lord is calling you to be an intercessor and possibly a seer/prophet...Of course the Lord will show you and confirm your calling...I agree with MW that the Lord gives these things first and foremost to PRAY about and for the people or country that you are shown....The Lord has held back judgements when prayer is made on behalf of a people and He has also stopped the hand of the enemy when prayer is made...I wo;uld encourage you to write down all dreams and date them and pray over them and ask the Lord what He wants you to do with them...

Blessings..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
christianfireman
Silver Member

Re: Prophetic/visionary Dreams?

Post by christianfireman »

blove wrote:In August 1995, I came home from the hospital with my son. That night, I woke up crying desperately from a horrible dream ... I saw the earth opening up and buildings/houses were crumbling ...

I also dreamed about the Sagueney Flood of 1996 ...

I sometimes have dreams about people or events that later come true ...

What does this mean?
Here is what I have learned over decades of experience when talking about our "dreams":

1) Of the "prophetic" dreams that many of us seem to have, in good turn then, this would also mean that, statistically ... we've literally had hundreds (thousands?) of dreams which were not prophetic.

2) These other dreams could be of equal importance as well, in respect to other spiritual matters besides prophecy (something we all need to remember).

3) Prayer is ALWAYS mandated when you think a dream is foretelling of a natural disaster (and quite frankly, even if it's not!).

4) Do you have a prayer group in your church? If so, use them when you think a certain dream might be warning of something.

5) If we think these dreams are truly coming from God (we should ALWAYS recognize that Satan might be trying to deceive/scare/distract us, or that God is putting our discernment abilities to the test) then we need to take in additional serious prayer time in an effort to determine why God might be letting us know these things in advance.

6) God is not a "jokester" of sorts when it comes to the granting of His spiritual gifts, and with those gifts comes a greater spiritually responsibility on our part to be holy and to keep our spiritual "house" in order.

And finally, we always need to remember to ....

Pray - Think - Discern

(in that order!)