Popcorn through out the sactuary

Archives for 2011
Pastor Joe
Silver Member

Popcorn through out the sactuary

Post by Pastor Joe »

Dream 1-2-11
I dreamed that we were in service; I was setting towards the back. I noticed that a child was speaking. I noticed at least three new families walk through the sanctuary doors. I then noticed popcorn was popping. It was coming from behind the walls of the Sanctuary. (Inside the woodwork) I knew that the kernels had been there for years. I knew that it looked like a mess that needed cleaned up. Popped popcorn was throughout the whole sanctuary in big piles. I was watching in amazement.
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

Greetings!

It seems that issues with the church is a recent theme on this site.

The child preaching could represent a place of worship that's being led by someone who is a child in Christ. Perhaps those being preached to are more mature in wisdom, the Word and other life's lessons; they're being led by someone who has less knowledge than they do and someone who they can easily lead in the Word.

I remember the term "popcorn" from the '70's. It was around with the term jive and jive turkey. Something or someone who was "popcorn" was someone or something that wasn't to be taken seriously -- like a jive turkey. Nowadays, young folks call it "lame" or "wack."

Apparently, the kernals had been around for years in the walls. Now, they're starting to "pop." This could mean that a lot of foolishness could've been around a long time, but no one really acknowledge it. Perhaps some "heat" or some event/circumstances/etc. will take place to make the kernals "pop." In other words, something or someone will be brought into the light.

Popcorn needs heat to pop; its fluffed with hot air. I suspect whatever will be exposed can be considered full of fluff and hot air. Again, fluff is something that's not to be taken seriously. Something filled with hot air -- like a balloon -- is usually "puffed up" to seem bigger than it really is, and it usually doesn't have that much to offer if you examine it closely.

Many blessings...
yeshuas_beloved
Bronze Member

Post by yeshuas_beloved »

Hi Pastor Joe~

Your dream reminds me of an extensive amount of rhema on popcorn by a dear woman of God named Sandy Warner. Her ministry is called The Quickened Word. I'm a member of her classes and groups where she gently teaches others how to prophesy and hear from the Lord.

Her collection of words, visions, and quickened events span well over 30 years. They are organized on her site by topic. You might like to look over her collected pieces of the "popcorn" puzzle. She compiled a list of rhema connected to popcorn, which you can find by clicking on this link:
http://www.thequickenedwordcommunity.co ... 0226094674&

Perhaps something from this list will be quickened to you as you seek understanding of your dream.

Blessings,
Sandra
P.S. The link will direct you to her old website and archive of words. To see her new website, click here:
http://thequickenedword.net/
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Pastor Joe,

Many dreams in the past that I have had on or near new years have had signifigance for the coming year. To me this dream speaks of popcorn as being seeds within your church that were planted in the past years ago. These seeds were inside the walls so they were either not seen or they were forgotten about. It seems that those seeds are now ready to have the fire of God the Holy Spirit applied to heat them up and then they will explode and new groth will begin popping up in your church. It will be coming out of the woodwork so to speak. To me it requires child like faith and child like speaking, just allow the Holy Spirit to move and speak through you and others. It also has something to do with new families coming into the church. I pray you will be amazed at what growth God will bring this next year when we follow him as a child. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/10-14-2004-60451.asp

I felt this part, the same as BJ.....
It seems that those seeds are now ready to have the fire of God the Holy Spirit applied to heat them up and then they will explode and new groth will begin popping up in your church

I believe Hebrews 12 could also be relevant....our God is a consuming Fire!

I see popcorn as a surprise that explodes from something that looks totally different than what we expect! Imagine the first kernel of corn that was
popped by heat/fire, I am sure they were shocked and pleasantly surprised!

John 12:24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
John 12:24 (Amplified Bible)
24I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains [just one grain; it never becomes more but lives] by itself alone. But if it dies, it produces many others and yields a rich harvest.

I see so many myself included who have allowed the dreams/visions to die....and when we do that HE resurrects it into something extraordinary and surprising! The latter is far greater than the former.

Blessings,
Carolyn
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......