When a person is frequently the subject of your dream

Archives for 2011
leila78
Diamond Member

When a person is frequently the subject of your dream

Post by leila78 »

Hi,

I have had my 3rd dream about a particular person.

In the natural he is a person I admire but I noted that the latter times that I had been around him I felt uncomfortable even though he was being polite and decent. The last time I spoke with him I was so incredibly drawn to him that it just didn't feel right.

My question is - is God just using him symbolically, is it God can flushing any 'hooks' that he has in me or is it because I'll meet him again?

1st dream he helped me with a challenge and he had one eye darker than the other, 2nd dream he wanted to ask where I'd been and offered me his number - on both ocassions I sensed something wasn't right in the dream. 3rd dream he was in the hallway upstairs at my home looking around, I wanted to ignore him and he came into my bedroom and started talking to me as the family were getting ready for a birthday dinner - this was the only time that I was not suspcious of his motives. Are my defensive down?

I would very grateful for your input on this please!!

Blessings,

L.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Hi leila

Yes I remember you posted that dream. You know what, I'm with you on this one because I have had frequent dreams about certain person not necessarily of a warning nature but where the person is helping me and I just don't know because I'm not really in contact with the person. I would say that (as you suggested) that perhaps it is because you'll meet again. Or perhaps it could be to pray for the person. When I do have frequent dreams about a certain person, I just go to the Father about it. He knows why we are having these dreams and He is the one that can best help us figure it out.

I don't remember if you had said that you knew the person well or not but maybe it could be that your defenses are up if you don't really know him that well in reality. Since he offered you his number maybe he wants to get to know you and may just be someone who can help you in some kind of way.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

In the natural he is a person I admire but I noted that the latter times that I had been around him I felt uncomfortable even though he was being polite and decent. The last time I spoke with him I was so incredibly drawn to him that it just didn't feel right.
It seems to me like this is a warning in your spirit man that you need to listen to Him and discern what is really going on here. If you have prayed about what to do in regards to this person or his motives AND had these dreams in response, TO ME it seems clear as to what is going on. Look at the progression of your dreams: it went from having one eye darker than the other (this indicates to me darkness in the person since if we are full of light, it will reflect in our eyes; the opposite then is true if we are full of darkness...and if this guy is very charismatic it would make sense that people may focus on the surface and ignore what's underneath). Anyway, your dreams show a definite progression: from I want to say God revealing this person's motives, to the phone number being offered you, to him being in your house....And yes, I feel if you've ignored His warnings and allowed someone close to you despite lack of internal peace, I think they may be too close for you to even use proper discernment unless you go back to Him and make it right and then do what He was trying to tell you to do in the first place.

On my part, I tend to be very guarded and I'm also asking Him about people I interact with especially if it is someone that is coming around me or my family. Use wisdom and sound judgment sister and listen to His Spirit within you. A mark of the Spirit is peace but when we are in something or doing something that is not of Him, that peace is withdrawn and we feel uncomfortable so that we will be moved to seek Him and find out the proper course of action.

From Matt 6

22“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

Hi,

Thank you so much for your wisdom - I know in some ways it sounds obvious!

The reason why I'm wondering what is happening is because the last time I saw him was in June last year! why would a dream about someone I haven't seen?

I haven't seen him since the last training session. I started having these dreams ( the last one a couple of nights ago) about a month, I think, after the last time I saw him.

We had a silly disagreement about something and the few times I saw him he wanted to make me feel bad and put me down. I decided to put all this aside but also let him know that I was not happy with his behaviour - and it was whilst I was doing this I felt really drawn to him, I also felt his vunerability very strongly which didn't feel right.

I never like being stern but I believed it was necessary and when I asked Holy Spirit He said I had done the right thing.

I'm not going by feelings alone its also how I've seen him with the ladies, theres a seduction that I have always tried to resist.

Thanks again for your input, maybe its the emotion of guilt and desire to make things right, however I'm aware there are also people that you have to stay clear of as it would be difficult to resist them,

I have started to pray in case there is something up with him but I will continue to seek Holy Spirit!!!

Blessings,

L.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

God bless you dear leila! If you are seeking wisdom from the Lord, wise counsel is not a bad thing if you want to make sure you are making the right decision. Proverbs speaks on this and as Believers, wise counsel and discernment should be part of our spiritual arsenal!
The reason why I'm wondering what is happening is because the last time I saw him was in June last year! why would a dream about someone I haven't seen?

I haven't seen him since the last training session. I started having these dreams ( the last one a couple of nights ago) about a month, I think, after the last time I saw him.

We had a silly disagreement about something and the few times I saw him he wanted to make me feel bad and put me down. I decided to put all this aside but also let him know that I was not happy with his behaviour - and it was whilst I was doing this I felt really drawn to him, I also felt his vunerability very strongly which didn't feel right.
I wonder if this guilt is hindering you in some way in your walk with Holy Spirit? Do you think often about the offense he made you feel guilty of? Possibly this is the reference to him being upstairs in your home (ie in your thoughts/mind). I'm wondering if this is related to the dream you posted where he was in your room but the curtains were drawn and the light on? I have some thoughts if so that I may share there.

Shine the light of His Word on this situation. Forgive and ask Holy Spirit to reveal anything not of Him that must be dealt with. He is faithful to do that for you! I know:) shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

Hi Keilani,

Thank you!

Is it possible for God is highlight 2 issues?

As you suggest I think the only way is to ask Holy Spirit whether there is any sin relating to this 'event' ask for forgiveness and close the door. If there is it will disort the revelation of God in my soul.

What I'm certain about is that God is not the authour of confusion!
He will make everything clear to me shortly! He will give the proper perspective on this.

It maybe as a result I won't have dreams about him any more! God doesn't repeat dreams or elements of dreams unless there is something that needs to dealt with.

Thank you !!!!

Blessings,

L.