Crawdads

Archives for 2012
Jehu
Diamond Member

Crawdads

Post by Jehu »

In this dream there was a stream running over a small waterfall. I looked through the water and i saw on the rocks some large crawdads. I reached through the water to grab them. When I went to pull them out they came apart like bad seafood. I tried more than once but they were all mushy. ? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Were you planning on eat them or what were your intentions?
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

Jehu

i see the crawdads as sins/bad habits/something unwholesome either in you or someone you know or some organization/group you are affiliated with

i don't mean to sound judgemental though

i just see the "Water" as God's purifying process

Crawdads don't even look attractive
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Hi Jehu,

Not sure about the dream but thought I would share some thoughts that perhaps might help. It seems something that you can't put your hands on, or perhaps that you can't take back once done or said...

As facts, they are baby lobsters but a/k/a "crawfish and crayfish" that don't live well in polluted water which may be a clue.

They are cooked as a southern dish, probably most common in Louisiana.

Some facts from wiki; they live in bodies of water that do not freeze to the bottom; they are also mostly found in brooks and streams where there is fresh water running, and which have shelter against predators. Most crayfish cannot tolerate polluted water. . . they feed on living and dead animals and plants.

There is an expression/saying used about them, because they are said to crawl backwards; which is similar to trying to cover or correct something said or done in error or regret -- to take something back.

In law, there is a "clawback" agreement is one whereas there is an agreement to pull back, take back, privileged information that is inadvertently disclosed.

Perhaps it could be symbolic for not being able to take back something... or going to far to the point of having difficulty being able to return to some point... or not in your hands to take something back that may have been in your hands before. Like the saying, no turning back.

Definitions a/k/a crawfish, ecrevisse, crayfish, crawdaddy, rock lobster, spiny lobster, langouste.

(verb) retreat, pull back, back out, back away, crawfish, crawfish out, pull in one's horns, withdraw make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity.

Synonyms: recall, retract, call in, draw back, take away, sequester, swallow, withdraw, back out, back away, draw off, remove, seclude, take, retire, draw, take back, pull back, call back, retrograde, crawfish, move back, retreat, sequestrate, recede, bow out, pull away, take out, adjourn, pull in one's horns, unsay, crawfish out, disengage.

Anyway, I hope this helps... may He shed some Light to help you understand the meaning and guide you along the way. :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

A different meaning>?
The crawdads = peoples
Large = Adults
Stream = God's HolySpirit working on them.
Pulling them out = what you think is best for you.
turning to mush = the result of that action

Possible meaning: The HolySpirit is still working on the hearts and minds of people you know. Trust the HolySpirit.

Toss if miss---
Job 33:14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
Elle

Post by Elle »

seafood = see food????
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

Newbie, I was not planning on eating them. Some great comments here thank you all.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

Realisticdreamz- I am dealing with exactly what you stated. Last night in particular. I am looking for God's redemption in this. I am reaping what I have sown. I have tried to clean this mess up, but I am out of options on what to do.
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Jehu wrote:Realisticdreamz- I am dealing with exactly what you stated. Last night in particular. I am looking for God's redemption in this. I am reaping what I have sown. I have tried to clean this mess up, but I am out of options on what to do.
Greetings Jehu,

Sorry about your having to deal with this -- we ALL make mistakes. If the Lord gave you this dream then He can cause good to come from it as in Romans 8:28. By the very least is that we learn valuable lessons through these difficult situations [which can produce great things in the future]. Keep praying for His wisdom, guidance and grace and if we place our trust and faith in Him, He is just in giving us the wisdom, and patience, to deal with in a way that brings glory and honor to Him! Some things are beyond our ability to deal with and correct them and therefore takes His help to straighten them out -- but He is always able to do that and/or by the least make much good come from them.

I can sure relate to having learned some rather hard lessons and one thing is for sure, I have learned to try hard not to have to learn hard lessons that those in the future -- to only have to pay consequences for them once! :lol:

So, ask forgiveness for any wrongs and sow good seeds that prosper for the future so that what you reap the good things God has planned for you. :)

Romans 5
Faith Triumphs in Trouble

5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Jehu, I will be praying for you and the situation. :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

I am looking for God's redemption in this.
Praying for a huge download of wisdom and knowledge from our loving heavenly Father for you. May you have an awareness of his deep deep love for his adopted, precious children and commitment to restoration of every part of our lives as we offer everything to him.

I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. John 10:11
...that I might know Him...
Elle

Post by Elle »

Jehu (funny your name's Jehu, when you read this)...

I'm reading a book at the moment about Ahab spirit and Jezebel spirit. I was thinking of you the other night when I read it. By Steve Sampson. Particularly the bit on marriage!

Thought you may be interested.