Elephant 'Dew'

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Elephant 'Dew'

Post by TexasTransplant »

Trekking through a jungle with a guide, I asked about dangerous snakes. She said, ''Yes, they do tricks in the trees. But they're not near you." Later we came to rest near the water and the elephant that had been walking behind me and hovering above me stooped to get a drink. When it bent down toward the water, a balled up, knotted up snake fell from it to the ground. The guide laughed and said, "You're gonna kill me, but look what's on this elephant! When this happens we call it 'elephant dew' because the snakes just drip right off it." ??? I knew it had been in my hair earlier and started to shake out my hair frantically. The guide pointed to a dog a long ways off sleeping on a round cot. She said, "The dogs sleep on those so the snakes don't bother them."
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

Hi TT,
Wow, me seeing this dream is an incredible confirmation that a message for the body regarding REST which I am about to post on this site is indeed meant to be shared! Here's what I get for your interp:

A jungle can represent a place where you're in the thick of things. Snakes in the trees indicate lies & deceptions of certain people, leaders or maybe 'leading attitudes' (trees). The word 'tricks' indicates skilful deception. Someone or some part of you which is guiding you along says you will not be affected by them. I believe the large elephant following behind you may speak of something large looming in your past (it's behind you following you). This large looming (hovering over you) thing from the past is going to be affected by the Holy Spirit's truth (water) during a time when you are resting and as a result the lies it harbours are shaken loose for you to see clearly and identify. The bit about your guide saying "you're going to kill me" struck me as funny because it appears the 'guide' is a part of yourself which you do indeed need to 'kill' or put to death. The bit about the dog resting on round cots to avoid being deceived is paramount in this message from Father to you. Cots symbolize an unstationed, temporary place of divine intimacy & rest. The cots being round speak of rest in the spirit - it is incredibly important that when this thing is exposed, you rest in the Lord.

I think I got this right, but I am stumped in regards to the 'elephant dew'
Please be sure to check the dream I just posted which contains God's instructions about us RESTING in Him during times of stress - it's no coincidence that I just saw your dream. God bless you
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

YES!! I'd love to read your dream, but can't find it.
I am definitely in the thick of things. Have a mysterious illness going on that nobody can seem to diagnose for 3 weeks now. Headed to a gastroenterologist shortly. The Lord just keeps saying, "Don't worry, trust me." That gets harder and harder the longer these symptoms carry on and the sicker I feel. THIS IS MY ELEPHANT. Hahaha! I had a feeling later on after posting this dream that the snake could be all the things that you tend to think you may have when you're very sick and scared. Googling symptoms doesn't help that and the Lord had already told me to calm down and trust him. I could only do that for a couple hours at a time :roll:. I just loved what you said about the dog cots! I had a feeling it was a good symbol because it looked like my dog and was resting so peacefully, curled up on his little cot. This is a very good interpretation! Thank you! All I can gather from the 'elephant dew' reference was that it was kind of like a 'condition'. It was termed that by the people who lived in the jungle I suppose and the guide acted like she'd seen it a lot. I can't get past the fact that it's probably also a play on words and is Him referring to the value of this 'snake' :). Sounded like 'Elephant Doo', and perhaps that's what she meant in the dream and I just misunderstood!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16