audible voice

Archives for 2013
felicia
Silver Member

audible voice

Post by felicia »

A few weeks ago while I was asleep I heard a very audible voice say "cancer " it woke me from my sleep... and a week before that while I was cleaning, I heard the same voice say. "You're going to lose your counselor "... just wondering if anyone has ever experienced that and if God would just say one word?... just as a bonus, a LONG time ago. When I went to go pick up my check from work, my husband (a stranger and new employee then ) walked by and the same voice told me "that's your husband "
..I actually didn't think much of it at the time because he was a nonbeliver.. he is now ,thank the Lord:)   thanks for any help. God bless:)
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Yes. I have heard an audible voice say one word. More than once. Marvelous revelations came about as I asked the Lord what the significance of that word was and researched it.

But I learned that as your spiritual senses awaken it is essential to test the spirits to see whether they are from God. Not all are.

About this word cancer. Do not jump to any conclusions! We see (and hear) through our own "glasses" and this will affect how we interpret a word. Some people see a dog and interpret vicious threat and others interpret faithful companion.

You need to pursue the Lord (if this is from Him) and ask him what he means. And pay attention.

Yesterday the word cancer came up in a pay attention moment for me. Someone was talking about reproducing and mentoring young believers in the body of Christ. He said, "Do you know what it is called when a certain part of the body starts multiplying and reproducing cells that are all alike and start infringing on the place where differently functioning cells should be? It's called cancer. And when we think everybody in the church should be the same, and when certain giftings have no room to operate because others have taken over, we are out of balance, unhealthy, and have a serious problem that is only going to get worse if not checked."

But that was only how I heard the word cancer. Pursue the Lord. When I get words like this I know He wants me to spend time with him. It's like a game of solve the riddle. (1 Cor 13 talks about seeing in a mirror dimly as in an ainigma -or enigma or riddle, something to be puzzled out.)
...that I might know Him...
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Yes, the audible voice of the Lord often uses one word or one phrase. That to me is a word of knowledge type of gifting. ie your hearing one word about something the Lord wants to draw your interest to.

When it get verbose, that to me has been a prophecy type of situation... ie in the past I have heard tell so and so this... it was detailed and exact and way more than one word or phrase. Although sometimes these can begin as one word as phrase as well, and then once you press into the Lord for more or you obey and start to act on the first thing.. then the rest will flow.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
felicia
Silver Member

Post by felicia »

Thank you both. Sooooo much !!! Your responses have been extremely helpful and comforting!:).. God Bless
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

You must keep the 2 spoken words together. He said "cancer" and "You will loose your counselor" They will both be true in some way. Do you have a counselor?
felicia
Silver Member

Post by felicia »

Underhiswing.. I don't have a real counselor.. but I understood in my heart that it was my older sister. She's the one I go to for everything... I hadn't thought of putting them together. Thank you