Cell phone of the 12 Tribes of Israel: The Naphtali Tribe

Archived Dreams from 2014
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Cell phone of the 12 Tribes of Israel: The Naphtali Tribe

Post by Realisticdreamz »

I find myself holding a cell phone and for some reason I understand that the phone belonged or was connected to the 12 tribes of Israel. But I also knew that I was to take the place of someone who died recently who I understood to be from the Naphtali Tribe. It was like I was supposed now take the position of the person who passed away for the Naphtali Tribe, as though I would be like a representative for the tribe, and I felt responsible to do this.

I wondered how I could have the phone for all the tribes but I was supposed to take the position for only one of them. I wondered how I could handle the calls that may come in for all the tribes.

This dream was on 1/31/14 and I have no idea why I would dream this. It is not really related to any studies lately so I am posting for any thoughts or inspirations. Thank you!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

The name Naphtali means "My struggle"
Are you in any sort of a struggle right now? If so, God may want you to stay in prayer and communication with Him.
Jubilee2
Gold Member

Post by Jubilee2 »

The tribe of Naphtali had blessings that came from his father, Jacob in Genesis 49:21 and another from Moses in Deut. 33:23.

In Genesis 49:21 it says "Naphtali is a hind (doe) let loose. He giveth goodly (beautiful) words.

In Deut. 33:23 Moses blesses the tribe of Naphtali with this word "About Naphtali he said, Naphtali is abounding with the favor of the Lord and is full of His blessings: he will inherit southward to the lake."

It could that God is speaking of the blessings of Naphtali and the favor of the Lord upon that tribe that you will partake in, and possibly share with others. Since you had the cell phone it means you would be the one communicating the blessing to others, in other words - giving goodly or beautiful words to encourage them.

Blessings to you,
Jubilee2
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Thank you SpecialK, you offered good advice there! The name Naphtali was given by Rachel to indicate she had prevailed in her wrestlings (or struggle).

Then Rachel said, “With great wrestlings I have wrestled with my sister, and indeed I have prevailed.” So she called his name Naphtali. Genesis 30:8

A good point to meditate on; a struggle. Though I cannot put my finger on any particular struggle or wrestling right now but there could be a half dozen things to deal with and overcome at any given time. :) I have to continue to meditate and pray about that more.

Thank you Jubilee2 for your very kind thoughts and words which would certainly be a blessing to be able to communicate encouraging words of/for the Lord! I wonder if that could be in writing… but then perhaps the dream would have likely been paper as a symbol rather than a phone as a symbol. Certainly a phone is an instrument used to speak including to those who may be far away. Maybe it is referring to communicating the good news of the Gospel of Christ.

I was really pleasantly surprised about the tribe and the many good things reported about it that I have found researching it more this week. I also learned that they were a brave group of Godly warriors who fought with the Prophetess Deborah and Gideon. I learned that it was one of the sons of the tribe, skilled in bronze working, that Solomon used to do the bronze work for the building of the Temple. I learned that the Naphtali region was referred to in the Bible as the most fertile land.

And most importantly, I learned that Jesus began His ministry in Galilee, the land of Naphtali [after having fasted 40 days and being tempted by the Devil] which was the prophesied event about Christ coming in Isaiah 9. Although very beautiful, I am not sure how or if this ties into the dream.

Isaiah 9:
Nevertheless the gloom will not be upon her who is distressed,
As when at first He lightly esteemed
The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
And afterward more heavily oppressed her,
By the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan,
In Galilee of the Gentiles.
2 The people who walked in darkness
Have seen a great light;
Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death,
Upon them a light has shined.

Matthew 4:
Jesus Begins His Galilean Ministry
12 Now when Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, He departed to Galilee. 13 And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is by the sea, in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali, 14 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
15 “The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
By the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles:
16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light,
And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death
Light has dawned.”
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Further thoughts, I do wonder why the phone belonged to or was connected to the 12 tribes. I wonder why the 12 tribes of Israel? It was not my phone but one given to me. And I wonder why I was taking the place of someone who died.

Still trying to understand the full meaning of the dream. Looking over my logs, I do not see that I have dreams about the 12 tribes before.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. :) May the Lord prosper and bless you both abundantly.
With love in Christ,
Annette

Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Alien Sojourner
Bronze Member

Post by Alien Sojourner »

1 Corinthians 15:29 Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead?

Your dream reminds me of this verse. Seems like they are saying something similar, but I don't know what either mean.
Isaiah 22:23 I will fasten him as a peg in a secure place, And he will become a glorious throne to his father’s house.
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Alien Sojourner wrote:1 Corinthians 15:29 Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead?

Your dream reminds me of this verse. Seems like they are saying something similar, but I don't know what either mean.
Hello Sojourner,

In context the scriptures refer to those who deny the resurrection (dead being raised; resurrected) that the Bible teaches. The Sadducees did not believe in the resurrection and they did not believe in angels or spirits either; but the Pharisees did and Paul was a professing Pharisee. Essentially the scripture makes the statement that if there was no resurrection, then why not live for today for only this life in the flesh and enjoy life? But Paul warns that this is error and those who do not believe in the resurrection do not have knowledge of God; instead live in rigtheousness.

The symbolism of water baptism is to put away the sins of the flesh and to rise to a new life. Putting away the old man and rising as a new man. The Sadducees were probably baptized. So, Paul is making a point that we are not baptized for the flesh just to live in pleasure and then die, but rather we are baptized to rise again in the living spirit. The spirit is the life in us that rises in the resurrection like Christ was resurrected, while dying in the flesh.

Anyone who did not believe in the resurrection would have to deny teaching of the Lord and the Bible. And there are many Messianic Jews who believe in Jesus Christ as the Messiah and the teachings of the Bible. I personally and wholehearted believe in the resurrection, the Bible, and the Word of God. I do not see any relevance of the scriptures above to the dream at this time. :) But here are scriptures relating to this... I hope this helps you understand what it means.

Acts 11:16
Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’

I Corinthians 15:
29 Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead? 30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour? 31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If, in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantage is it to me? If the dead do not rise, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!”

33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” 34 Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.

. . .

44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
With love in Christ,
Annette

ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Maybe it is an intercession for the sons of Israel.