A country on fire and a pastor who tuns from the fire.

Archived Dreams from 2014
steadyone
Diamond Member

A country on fire and a pastor who tuns from the fire.

Post by steadyone »

Hello precious ones.

Dream

I was with this church I do not know in real life. This church was different we would have activities and when I did not attend the activity or over paid for something I would not get my money back. Then the pastor decided to take people on a mission trip to a third would country. So I went with them. We went to this really dark third world country and while we were there it caught on fire. The fire was not good people were screaming and some of us were helping them put out the fire and the pastor said run!! So we ran to outrun the fire to a safe place. I did not understand why we did not help the people fight the fire because it was horrific. So we all stop and look back and all you could see was black smoke and a ragging fire. I wanted to take a picture to help people be aware of what was taking place to pray. The pastor got upset and told me not to take a picture and he said," So you want to take a picture to gloat!" I was a bit taken back like what!? No!! I was amazed that we came to minister to these people and instead of helping them with the fire we saved our own skin I wanted to go back to help the people.
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

Something is clearly wrong throughout. I hope you have a sense of which organization or experience this relates to.

In general, we have observed a lot of churches get so caught up in the business of church, that they have lost the emphasis of teaching how God works through and with us. People know all the policies, doctrines, songs, solutions... but forget that we walk in power and light and love.

It was painful to watch these things play out in the dream with such a sad secular emphasis, and would be painful to live through it when trying to find a devoted fellowship of saints. I hope that is not a problem! Many believers are talking about that happening lately.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Palm wrote:Something is clearly wrong throughout. I hope you have a sense of which organization or experience this relates to.

In general, we have observed a lot of churches get so caught up in the business of church, that they have lost the emphasis of teaching how God works through and with us. People know all the policies, doctrines, songs, solutions... but forget that we walk in power and light and love.
AMEN AMEN Palm! One verse comes to mind about this dream Luke 10:2 "He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Members of the church particularly leadership are not leading the people as they should. They forget that Christ's main desire was for us to "....Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." We have not been doing so. Instead many are caught up with how they'll look, if they'll be burned by going into the fire (or the mission field) to get to the lost. It's like the mentality is "what's in it for me, if I'm not gaining, I want nothing to do with it and you ought not take part in it either." You realize that this is the wrong way of thinking. Could you be under leadership that thinks like this?
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8