Semi-Traditional

Archived Dreams from 2014
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Semi-Traditional

Post by Warrior Princess »

Going into a huge semi-traditional sanctuary. Me and my friend Dana were looking for seats and there were 2 pews lined up long sides together with no backs and I wondered whether there would be enough support. :?:
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

How inconvenient. Look at your reactions -- wondering why they would do that, seeming not sensible at all.

Putting seats together the long way reminds me of times a leader will have a brilliant idea to bond people too closely -- imposing an overly-personal closeness, privacy invasion, buddy system, corny icebreakers, inclusion methods.

Unnatural joining of people without a choice. Pairing people who are further ahead with those less involved, hoping to unify and conform.

Your reaction -- that the church didn't think ahead and prepare for how that would work. And that it simply didn't make enough sense to be involved in.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

P.S. I think the building was on the contemporary side but the pews made it feel more traditional...

And we did sit down on those pews without backs...which essentially are benches. So it's like we sat on the bench.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."