Church not ready to go down the road I was called to.

Archived Dreams from 2014
steadyone
Diamond Member

Church not ready to go down the road I was called to.

Post by steadyone »

Hello Beloveds!

I had this dream I could use confirmation on.

Dream

I was called to go somewhere no one has gone before by the Lord. It was a very narrow path.I was outside with the whole church and the sun was shinning brightly and it was beautiful. I was asked by the Lord to ask the church if they would be willing to go with me. So I asked the whole church outside if they were willing to go with me where we as a church were called to go and I was going to go down this narrow road myself. No one wanted to go where I was going with the Lord. Then I even had an anointing oil fragrance in my hand it was as if the oil came out of my skin and the Lord said place it under the nose of the people to show them where He was going to take them and myself.I began to place it under their nose it was an anointing oil fragrance of the place of the calling I was called to along with the church. Still no one wanted to go with me and be apart of this calling of the Lord. It was as if the church was not ready to go down the road we all were called to. I thought wow the church is still not ready...
Last edited by steadyone on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

So, you seem to want confirmation whether or not this special calling is of the Spirit or of your flesh.

It partly hinges on whether the church in the dream is the Real Church or institutional religion. Sun shining brightly, beautiful and the whole church together as one points to it being the Real Church. That's one red flag.

In placing the oil under the nose, you ask the Church to follow their sense of smell, which is one of the 5 senses, which is indicative of you asking them to follow their carnal (sensual, sense-based) mind. Another red flag.

The calling is "unique" which indicates it's ego-sourced. In the Truth of Oneness, there is One. There is no other, unique, apart from the Oneness. The egoic carnal fleshly mind leads into separation, uniqueness, apart-from-Godness. The Holy Spirit guides into Oneness. 3 red flags.

All together it points to the calling being of the flesh.

That's probably not the confirmation you expected. But, I am guided to note, that it's possible the original inspiration came from the Holy Spirit and was then twisted into a "unique calling" by the carnal mind.
steadyone
Diamond Member

Post by steadyone »

No that was not at all the sense I got from this dream. But thank you for trying.

Blessings
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

The nose is what struck me. We are led around "by the nose". You were not told in the dream to anoint them to convince them to follow you. The oil came from the works of "your own hand" and literally came from your hand in the dream (which is symbolic of our "works"). The anointing felt like a cloaked religious form of witchcraft to me (coercion through the fleshly senses).

I personally cannot recall anyone in the bible being anointed to "follow" anyone. Anointing is done to commission/launch someone to take a leadership role or anointing is used to heal someone....but never to anoint a whole group in order to get them to follow one person. I have seen heads and toes anointed in launching a leadership role...but never noses. The nose is mentioned in the Word as something we are controlled and led by.

Isaiah 32:29 "Because you rage against me and because your insolence has reached my ears, I will put my hook in your nose and my bit in your mouth, and I will make you return by the way you came."

2Chronicles 33:11. "So the Lord brought against them the army commanders of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh prisoner, put a hook in his nose, bound him with bronze shackles and took him to Babylon."

The best way to know if our calling or commission is from God, is to have received confirmation from the church. The Office of Prophet within a church is "always" confirmed by the church leadership. God will touch their ears and hearts and cause the confirmation, and then there is no doubts among the brothers and sisters as to whom you are speaking for. When we are correctly operating in our true giftings, we experience a good degree of success...(not our success...but the Lord's). This is our first initial confirmation that we are on the right track/path. Then the confirmation from the church comes along too.

I believe this dream is a personal warning, thanks to the enemy who always appeals to our flesh and to pride. I would rebuke the enemy for trying to mislead, and pray for the Lord's protection and guidance. He does have a wonderful purpose for you, and you just don't want to miss it or be misled by the dark expert of delusion........Lord place a protective hedge around this one that we need, and send an army of angels to protect this valuable child of yours, so that your purpose is fulfilled to the highest exact degree. Amen.
steadyone
Diamond Member

Post by steadyone »

Wow people are way off. People are not understanding the dream. The Lord told them they could go where He was calling me to go. Meaning it was available to them not just me. The Lord told me to ask them to go with me but they declined. Then the Lord made the oil on my hand manifest and He said show them through the oil He placed on my hand where He was would take us.

In other words the place was not just for me it was for others I just chose to fallow the Lamb of God it was a very narrow path. He was showing me the condition of the church.

I know all that stuff you wrote about however I appreciate you all trying to interpret it.

Blessings
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Where is it that you are going to?
Zeph319

Post by Zeph319 »

I agree with undershiwing.

Why the warning from so many? Because the gesture of shoving the oil under someones nose is harsh- and unless you already have a love for these people and are over them in leadership it is not really your place to expect them to follow.

The Lord rebuked the children of Israel in the desert similarly because they were under his authority- HE was leading them through Moses. Jesus rebuked the pharisees in the temple because they were under his authority- whether they knew it or not. He rebuked Peter and the sons of thunder thusly because they too were under his authority and he did so out of his love for them (disciples) and love for the flock who was under THEIR authority in the case of the pharisees. (And his love for them too, as hard as it is to fathom).

All this to say, people will not receive a rebuke for not following unless you are in authority over them- even then it has to be done in love, not by "shoving their noses in it".

It is true, they very much may not be willing to go where you are going, but perhaps they are not supposed too or cannot at this time? He gave you the grace to go with where you are going, that may not be the case for others yet...
steadyone
Diamond Member

Post by steadyone »

Again read the dream. The Lord gave me instructions and told me to invite them.. I am a minister in the natural. The Lord gives His bride invitations to go deeper with Him in their relationship but often the church desires other things rather then Him. I believe He was showing me the condition of the church.

If our lives and our ministries and churches do not point to the Lamb of God we have no business doing anything in the name of the Lord. We are called to always give Him glory and lead others to Him.

Blessings
Take care.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I have had the experience once myself and I have a friend who has the experience several times of anointing oil manifesting in the palms of the hands while ministering. Usually it was an anointing for healing. Is the "church" in general ready to move forward... sadly no. But keep inviting them anyway, they need to know that deeper things of the Lord exist and when they smell it, then individually some people will be drawn into a deeper relationship with the Lord through the Holy Spirit who is constantly at work in the life of each believer. Definitely press in to what the Lord has for you in ministry and allow His anointing to flow through you and the work of your hands will be blessed.
steadyone
Diamond Member

Post by steadyone »

Thanks and blessings to you brother.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

steadyone wrote:Again read the dream. The Lord gave me instructions and told me to invite them.. I am a minister in the natural. The Lord gives His bride invitations to go deeper with Him in their relationship but often the church desires other things rather then Him. I believe He was showing me the condition of the church.

If our lives and our ministries and churches do not point to the Lamb of God we have no business doing anything in the name of the Lord. We are called to always give Him glory and lead others to Him.

Blessings
Take care.
Yes, that is true. Glory to the Lamb!

It could be that you did not tell the dream the same way, since you have edited it five times. I usually read them very carefully and it did not say that the Lord told you to do these things.

If He did indeed "tell" you to do these things, you now know that they are not ready (which I imagine you already knew if you are their pastor) and you know that you have to press in and show them the Holy Spirit and His sacrificial love in new and deeper ways....or will you leave them behind and go on your narrower way?
steadyone
Diamond Member

Post by steadyone »

It was only edited three times as the Lord revealed more to me about the dream. I am sorry it should have been more clearer.

God bless.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

No need to be sorry. Just sacrificially love those dear people with all of your heart in the name of Jesus, and He will renew and refresh. And, they will spread that beautiful love of His and yours to those outside who are lost.
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

What strikes me in this dream heads in yet another direction.
These days, what many people want out of a church is a place for their kids to be trained, a perk-up to a rough week, good friendships with happy people, inspirational messages, and a general sense of being in a place sanctioned by God.

If it's church, it must be God. If I'm in church, I must be doing God's will.
Ministers have so many concerns on their shoulders and burdens throughout the week, that their job becomes drama-management.

A lot of headstrong people, opinions, brilliant suggestions with no follow-through, shortage of volunteers... on top of ordinances and legal compliance. People want, the ministers deliver-- for sustainability and goals of more coming to Christ.

Pastors are holding it together, possibly some (certainly not all) with feelings that there will eventually be room for God in all this chaos. If we build it, He will come.

But the temple is within us. In the dream, you stepped outside the church to follow God's lead, because you knew that we need to make sure God is with us, not with a building.

The other thing I see in this dream (even if you don't) is the broader picture of Christendom. The people and churches have a choice to make: do we declare churches hold onto their structures at the risk of losing God's life, or will we at some point need to step out of them?

Many people have predicted a mix of influences upon the church -- government involvement, universalism, globalism, etc. It seems that we are very close to a point where decisions will be made, and the mixture will appear more obvious.

Look at what happened in Europe centuries ago. The state and other agendas got mixed in with the church, people got fed up with corruption and mixed messages, and beautiful buildings ended up empty. In retrospect the people seemed savvy, even though onlookers said, "Their faith went dead."

Within the Torah, there are instructions to keep God's temple holy, with no mixing. We need to cling to God now in a holy way, and make sure His house stays pure -- or be willing to let go of the "This must be God" dwellings and run with "He dwells within us."
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

If it's known in waking life, what is the unique calling?