Special order from NY

Archived Dreams from 2014
Gold
Diamond Member

Special order from NY

Post by Gold »

In the dream this gal I know that came back from Minn, from seeing her daughter in real life, well in the dream she came back from N.Y which is were she is really from, and she is craving this special sandwich that you can only get in NY from some restaurant. She gets on their website and special orders it and it should arrive in a couple of hours, even though in real life it would take nearly 4 hours by plane to get here. she is determined that I have to taste this sandwich to see how good it tastes.
Outlook

Post by Outlook »

Is there a "new" spiritual food that you are craving, or someone you know is desiring for you to know about?
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

The first time I heard of shipping food like that, it was chicken wings from Buffalo (to the president?). It has turned into such a common practice that it is accepted as PR, supporting small business (and pilots), and making constituents feel good. (Not taxpayers.)

Beyond the PR advantages, it is flashy extravagance, unnecessary, unwise expenditure, and offends people who see real needs that could have been addressed with that money. Still, people get a kick out of hearing the stories.

I wonder if you are sensing entitlement in your friend since she came back? Or she has become a symbol for other things that have shallow rewards for casual irresponsibility.

People like to have things to brag about, and it's not so much the food, but the story behind it. That's true of many things we buy and collect -- it's about the people and notoriety behind the object. She wanted that edgy kick, to be able to say she did it -- or prove she could, or prove she was at a certain level.

It reminds me of people who travel to conferences of famous ministers, when the same service is broadcast on TV. They want to own the experience, get as close to the reality as they can, see if it tastes as good as people say it does.

Not wrong in itself, but sometimes overdone.