Snowman

Archived Dreams from 2014
Carterman
Gold Member

Snowman

Post by Carterman »

Does anyone have thoughts on the symbolism of a snowman? Specifically Frosty the Snowman?
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

Depending on the context, but some ideas are that it is a children's fantasy icon ~ someone when the heat was on, melted...
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Just a few thoughts here

Frosty the Snowman has endured down the ages and many people find the snowman endearing.

There must have been something about that snowman that grew on people over the years because folks have kept the memory alive by dedicating and writing a song just special about him.

There probably aren't too many people who don't know who Frosty the Snowman is, or wouldn't recognize that "familiar" tune.

There are a few snowman names I know of but only one who has promised to come back again.
The song recounts the fictional tale of a snowman that is magically brought to life through a top hat that a group of children place on his head. Although Frosty enjoys roaming throughout town with the children who constructed him, the sun becomes too much for him to bear and Frosty is forced to leave town, promising he will be back again someday.
Also, I know a few people who have the nickname "Frosty"

Also, when I think of frosty, I think of cold and chilly…. cold but endearing.

Great question :wink:
Last edited by ElijahsTask on Sun May 04, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

First a disclaimer/warning: It is impossible and downright dangerous to attempt to interpret a symbol out of context. Papa speaks to each of us in a language we can understand.

For example, a cat, say, to some might represent a demonic spirit. To others it might represent a dear pet which, in and of itself, could have either a positive or negative meaning depending on the context of the dream.

That said, you have asked for thoughts on the symbolism of Frosty the Snowman, specifically. I could easily write a dissertation on this symbol alone, including both positive & negative connotations. I'll spare you the details as I trust, Carterman, you'll toss whatever doesn't speak to you personally, and just say this...

In my own dream vocabulary, Frosty would represent the joy of the Lord.

I can totally see an opposite interp, depending on one's own perspective. The *correct* interp is based on context and one's personal relationship with Papa, as you well know. That is the one that settles in your spirit.

blessings on you,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Carterman
Gold Member

Post by Carterman »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Yeah I was just looking for ideas not a concrete definition. I know another way to look at old frosty would be a frozen or chilly personality type of individual.
appreciate all your input thanks