I heard my husbands voice

Archived Dreams from 2016
INeedHIM
Bronze Member

I heard my husbands voice

Post by INeedHIM »

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've logged on here, lots of changes....

I lost my hubby back in 2013, he had a massive heart attack and passed away in his sleep.

This wasn't a dream per say, but I was asleep and I heard him say 'it's a quarter to seven'. It was so clear, I started to get up thinking I was going to be late for work. But when I looked at the time, it was 3:48. Then It dawned on me that I had just heard his voice. And I started to cry and said Keith what are you trying to tell me? Then, I went back to sleep....

Since my husbands passing I feel like I've been stuck spiritually. I just can't get back into prayer. I use to pray and spend time with Him daily, but now I feel like there is a block between me and God. I still love Him and He''s so good to me, but I feel so far from Him.

What do you think this means?
rktheda
Diamond Member

Re: I heard my husbands voice

Post by rktheda »

First of all, let me express my sympathy for your loss. I have lost half my family (Dad 2007, Sister 2010, and Mom 2012) so I can empathize how it hurts and how you wonder where is God in the midst of your pain. Well, I still don't have the answers but I know God is with you and waiting for you to talk to him about it. Even if you are angry God is a great Father and wants you to tell Him for YOUR healing. I also want you to be careful not to be deceived. I started hearing voices from family members after their deaths, even seeing them physically appear. It was not them but a cruel trick of the enemy to convince me to get involved in the occult. I didn't take the bait and I pray you won't either. The Bible refers to the spirits of the dead as “familiar spirits,” as in intimate association, personal, or one well acquainted (see, Leviticus 19:31, Deuteronomy 18:11; 2 Kings 21:6; Isaiah 8:19, etc.) and warns against having anything to do with them. I will pray for your protection. Please read those scriptures and ask the Father to help you. I hope this helps.

Blessings and Peace in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

INeedHIM wrote:...but I was asleep and I heard him say 'it's a quarter to seven'. It was so clear, I started to get up thinking I was going to be late for work. But when I looked at the time, it was 3:48.
My condolences to you and your family. What came to me in regards to you being told it is a quarter til 7 is "break of dawn". 7 means divine completion and the closing out before entering in to the new. What comes to me is that you will receive closure and a chapter that is about to come to a close. Psalm 46:5, "God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day." Continue to hold on and believe in Him, because a new hour is drawing near.
Starfire
Gold Member

Post by Starfire »

It was sage advice given regarding "familiar spirits"....however at times I do believe the Lord sends us a dream that helps us in our healing.
The pain of such a sudden loss is something that is incomprehensible unless you've been through it.
I'd think the "Quarter to Seven" though means that regarding his death, it's time now for you to put your whole life ahead into perspective.
He's hopefully gone with the Lord, but you still have living to do and your days of mourning need to start turning into days of praise and living
as God has "work here" for you to do. He has a purpose for your life.
You know I just wrote this down because it had such a profound impact on me. Pastor Greg Laurie lost his oldest son (one of 2 children) a few years back in a fatal car accident. He says this was his wayward son who had just recently returned to the fold, married, had a child and one on the way. (IF I recall all the details correctly) Point is the boy had grown into a man of God. He even was doing graphic art for the ministry.
Naturally he and the family were devastated. He said that his congregation was surprised when they showed up for service on Sunday and that he insisted he was till going to preach at a seminar they had scheduled 6 weeks out. He said, "WHY? Being with you and my Lord is the best medicine for me right now, I can't think of a place that would be better." Then during the seminar, many came up to him and asked him,
"Aren't you mad at God? You've given most of your life preaching His message and for this to happen to YOU, you must feel God could have/should have protected your son & prevented his death." His response to me was so memorable I had to write it down.
He said (paraphrased based on my recollection), "How could I be mad at God? How could I be mad at the God who has forgiven my sins and given me a guarantee of heaven? How can I be mad at the God who now holds my son in His own loving arms & will continue to do so until the day we are all reunited? And how can I be mad at the God who has made a way so that this is NOT THE END....I am ASSURED I will be with my son again. What OTHER God would do such a thing. --- No, I'm hurt, and maybe mad at the effects of this world, but surely NOT at God."

That was powerful to me. It helped me to see that my anger at the numerous losses were at living in a fallen world where such things happen and I need to cling to the hope and the promises we've so graciously been granted. In otherwords, I need to keep my eyes on JESUS and not on the events of this world any more than is absolutely necessary. (We have to deal with the pain, the loss, the changes, but we don't have to deal with them alone.)
I pray this gives you some encouragement about what God has for you.......He's still holding you at night and spiritually reminding you of a husband's love and a future that will someday bring a reunion of all who have "fallen asleep in the Lord".
God bless you and bring His healing grace into every crevice of your spirit. My heart is with you.
INeedHIM
Bronze Member

Post by INeedHIM »

Thanks so much for All the encouraging words. You'll never know how much it has helped...