Guarded Heart

Archived Dreams from 2016
shine
Diamond Member

Guarded Heart

Post by shine »

Had a dream this morning -

I was in my bathroom sitting on floor. . .making a loud moaning or crying out kind of sound. just over and over again. there were a handful of people downstairs but i don't think anyone heard me. someone came up stairs and since the door was ajar, pushed it the rest of the way open. it was my son Michael. I told him i have to do this sometimes to keep from screaming. . .because I lost both of my parents - not just one.
Jesus is the Saviour
shine
Diamond Member

Re: Guarded Heart

Post by shine »

that dream shook me up. I have been - doing ok. I take a grief share class, with at least 15 other people in attendance - it is very well organized etc. The first couple of months I was experiencing PROFOUND sadness that permeated me even while i was asleep. Although I felt like my mom was in me and all around me. . .now i look back and think the all around me might have been God's comfort to me. I still feel like mama poured so much into me that she will always be with me.

As Christian - we grieve not as others do but with the knowledge that we will be with our loved ones again that have gone on before us. . .but we still do grieve.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband let me know "when is it my turn?" (that i was ready to rush off on my next vacation to see my step mom and help my brother again). After he left the house. . .i was struck with profound sadness again in my heart that my husband wanted me to choose him over others. And i thought WOW! PROFOUND sadness is Right there!!! ready to pounce again. I quickly shut it away.

I am thinking all of these buttons. . .sadness, happiness, hurt, laughter, tears. . .these buttons are so close together - that if you start submerging one, the others can get submerged. The guarding of the heart comes in.

But in my studies this morning the following helped. so i thought to post the whole thing (it helps to help others). . .maybe this will help myself and others.
Jesus is the Saviour
shine
Diamond Member

Re: Guarded Heart

Post by shine »

Philippians 4:8

And "The peace of God" Which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your
Hearts and Your Minds
IN Christ Jesus.

The study notes: The full dimensions of God's love and care are beyond human comprehension (see Eph 3:18-20), guard . . .hearts. . .minds. A military concept depicting a sentry standing guard. God's "protective custody" of those who are in Christ Jesus extends to the care of their beings and to their deepest intentions (cf. 1 Pet 1:5)
Jesus is the Saviour