Board Downtime

The latest news from Administration
bjcollin
Site Owner

Board Downtime

Post by bjcollin »

My apologies to those who tried to access the board today.

We had a cold front/wind storm last night in San Antonio TX, and evidently the storm caused the wires on a nearby transformer in our neighborhood to spark and blow up just a little before midnight last night. The UPS held up the board server and router for almost 30 minutes and then with no power it gave up and politely died. Unfortunately when the power finally came back on early this morning, the server did not restart itself like it should have. So I had to manually fix and restart the server to get it back up and running again. My apologies. Everybody should be able to get back on the board now, let me know if there are any problems. Thank you!

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Board Downtime

Post by bjcollin »

Ah ha... fixed a new issue. The re-powering of the server last night caused it to enter an on battery state, and there is a setting to send the server into a sleep mode when it is on battery power for too long... Thus when it is asleep it will not handle web requests. Argh! sneaky setting, it's fixed now I think. Happy server, let's try this again.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

You're awesome bj!! Mahalo :)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

San Antonio TX is scheduled again for some possibly strong rains and severe storm threats this evening 3/3/20. If you can't access the board tonight through tomorrow morning, then it will be another weather related outage. Hopefully if we do loose power tonight it will be less than the 30 minutes that the UPS holds the board up for. Thank you for understanding.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

My son is home from college for spring break this week and he brought his PCs with him... his and mine (including this server) are all plugged into my home office outlets... I noticed that the UPS caught several power glitches yesterday, so if we loose power this week this is what it will be from hahaha hopefully I'll get him to move to another outlet to prevent the electrical strain on the one circuit.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sorry if you could not access the board this afternoon, there was an uncontrollable loss of comcast cable ethernet service all over town for almost three hours this afternoon.