found two lost dogs

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

found two lost dogs

Post by PastorJKG »

I was in the parking lot of a small shopping center near my house. I saw two white dogs running loose. I knew they had escaped because they were expensive well groomed pets. I stopped my car and got out with it still running and tried to call the dogs over to see the name on their collars. One was small and very friendly. It ran right over but the other was bigger and i wasn't sure he was friendly. He came reluctantly, I was somewhat afraid because I have a fear of large aggressive dogs. I tried to rub him but each time I touched him he recoiled and whined as if he was terrified.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: found two lost dogs

Post by bella »

Is there something you’re afraid of that you’re currently trying to overcome but you’re struggling with?
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

My own insecurities and introverted nature. I feel the call to do something great that requires total visibility but i like to stay in the background.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

You know what you've got to do :-)
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sounds like me, I too have the same introverted keep to myself type of personality. I have had to make major pushes forward to come out of my shell over the years in pastoral ministries. I have watched a couple of your FB videos preaching, and it looks like you're plenty outgoing when you are preaching.

When I have had dogs in my dreams they have represented those close to me (i.e. pets). In my last dream with a dog in it that I had, it was a little puppy that I was cuddling with but it had a wound on it that was healing, and it represented a co-worker who I was guarding and protecting at work even though he was wounded and going through a rough time in life currently. Another dream with a dog in it that I had years ago, the puppy in the dream represented me and my personality, I was being like the cute fuzzy black lab puppy in my dream that was being innocent and lost as to what was going on in the world around me.

So, when I first read your dream with the two white dogs in it, I immediately thought that it might represent two people with opposite personalities that you might run into soon, i.e. one person outgoing and the other a bit on the afraid side as what you described is an a typical dog fear to past trauma type of reaction. I also like where bella went with the two dogs representing two personality traits, one smaller and outgoing, and the other bigger one fearful and possibly aggressive. Reminds me of the old two dogs analogy that we pastors use sometimes where it is the good dog on one side and the bad dog on the other side, and they get into a fight and it is the dog that we are consistently feeding that will win in our lives and the dog that we starve that will loose in our lives; which represents the flesh and the sin nature in our lives which we daily wrestle with and we seek mastery over as the Apostle Paul did. One website claims that Sitting Bull is the quoted, but I don't know if that is where the original quote comes from or not.

https://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/i ... ec-24.html
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/58183- ... ne-is-mean