shoes,lost shoes,old shoes, borrowed shoes.

Archives for 2008
Charys
Diamond Member

shoes,lost shoes,old shoes, borrowed shoes.

Post by Charys »

I keep losing my shoes. This has happened in several dreams.

I am on a quest -once for a "heavy gift" that the Lord had for me in a suitcase, once while leading people out of a complicated building, once while trying to get out of someone's basement, for example. I would look down and my feet were unshod. Sometimes I would go back and get an old pair or borrow a pair that didn't fit.

This is what I understand so far. It has to do with the armour of God and feet "shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace." Our feet are the part of us that come in contact with the world and shoes are to protect us from impurities. Shoes are our interface with the sinful world we live in.

What I would like input on is what does "the preparation of the gospel of peace" mean? I always thought it was evangelism, but since the helmet is about salvation I am focussing more on what "preparation" and "peace" mean.

How do I get and keep my shoes? I would appreciate any insights.

Charys
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

you'll likely get different interpretations of shoes from the people who will respond to this thread.
Goes with the territory, as we can only impart what we 'know'.

Having had experience in this area... and looking into your situation specifically to minister what is happening with YOUR SHOES; this is what i see.

You were on a quest to apprehend a 'heavy gift' that the Lord had for you. Heavy in this sense, to me, only relates to responsibility to the Lord for something He is giving to us, not how hard it is to do. Because, with God, all things are possible. We limit Him based on what We think we can accomplish, not what is possible for Him to accomplish through us, a yielded, or surrendered vessel. So you 'lose your shoes' in the quest when you get your mind on what you can accomplish for God and off what God can accomplish through you.
The Process is more important than the goal and we will lose our way if we Only focus on the End Product. The Goal should be our position in relationship to God... not a thing.

Second... leading people out of a complicated building. I feel and see that you may be feeling inadequate to do so... lead people through a maze with directives or directions that will lead you out of challenging circumstances that a group of people may find themselves lost in. You lose your shoes again... the shoes in this scenario is your confidence in God's ability to lead you so His purposes and agenda are realized. Trust Holy Spirit to lead you and you will be able to lead others. It takes more courage than knowledge at times.

Thirdly: trying to get out of someone's basement... this means there are people who are stuck in the circumstances that surround them, and they can't seem to rise above it. Whether it be in what they are feeling or what life appears to be dictating. When you enter the 'basement' of their hopelessness or despair or discouragement... and try to lead them out... you find you cannot find your way and are at risk of being stuck their yourself. I would counsel you to stand outside of that place and call out to them to follow your Voice. I would not step into their situation as much as I would allow them to walk out toward freedom taking the necessary steps themselves to pursue Life, Truth, Peace, Liberty etc. Their gravitational pull can be strong if we enter into that 'despair' with them in trying to 'understand them and their situation' and we can become as lost and confused as them if we do not have Strength of Mind.

To borrow a pair of shoes that were not yours or that didn't fit you is to walk in someone else's shoes. You have a Destiny that God is going to Live out through you.. and it is based in a personal relationship that is a 'custom fit'. It's best to walk in those shoes than to try to find something else that is ill-filtting.

I trust that this will help you understand your Shoe Dreams. There are directives in each paragraph as to how you can 'keep your shoes'. if I have not made the understanding as clear as I think I have, then please, just ask me to clarify further whatever point I have made that you may still be foggy in.
Cheers... and God Bless you.
Taps....
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thank you so very much. Yes this is very helpful. Glad to meet another Canuck. We should go to Timmie's.

I think I understand -a bit. Forgive me. I am a little slow sometimes. Preparation is courage and trust?

The second and third dreams are right on. The first not so much because I didn't tell the whole thing -and I still won't because it is too long. Suffice it to say I saw what was going to happen in Lakeland three weeks before it started including who was going to be there and the huge white structure in a field with people camping beside it. (I was also told clearly not to try to clean up after Todd who I had only seen once before this dream. I was told it was going to be messy.)

At the beginning of this dream I was told, "Sometimes you'll have the gift (s?) right with you and you'll have easy access. Sometimes you will carry part of it in a suitcase and you'll have to go to a secret (or safe) place to get it because it is too heavy to carry all the time."

In the dream I wanted to go to the conference because my friends were there (they both left their jobs to volunteer there in May) but I could see they were extremely busy and the bus wouldn't stop to let me get off. (I had already gone back to my starting point to get old shoes) Eventually it stopped in Atlanta where some people got off to do street ministry. I followed them because it seemed like a good thing to do but I immediately ran into a slippery blue staircase leading down into the dark. I knew this was a warning that if I followed someone else's ministry (borrowed shoes) it would lead to depression. I knew I had to go out to the countryside where an older couple were looking after my "heavy gift" for me. The bus did not go there. I was trying to get there when I woke up.

I might also mention that six weeks later while I was walking in the country praying for my friends I was healed of asthma and I ran for the first time in 20 years without any breathing problems. ( :s7: GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!)

I think the heavy gift might be intercession because I feel such a burden for some people sometimes -but I tend to forget to hand it back to the Lord and feel very weighted down by other people's pain. That relates to your interpretation of the third dream. It was the basement of a discouraged pastor of a shallow church I went to briefly. I did feel dragged down there.

I am way off topic and perhaps I should have posted this elsewhere but my question is still about the word "preparation" Just how do I prepare?

The themes of need for purification, vulnerability to the "world", tearing down rotten foundations/rebuilding and not being prepared for whatever is next have been showing up in my dreams for weeks now. And there's always time pressure because things happen suddenly.

I keep wondering, preparation... preparation...What is the Preparation of the gospel of peace?

Last week my husband, who is not a dreamer, dreamt that he was pulled up into the air to meet a 60 foot angel, who was introduced as "a captain" or "the captain of the angels". It appeared to him in the desert and told him, "Save the spring." He understood the spring to be water bubbling up in the desert. (The angel was playing a doubles game with a regular size human as partner.)

It's not every day the captain of the angels shows up with an instruction for you. This is scary.

We both feel there is a big change ahead but the Lord still hasn't told us yet how to prepare. Sometimes He teaches us through others so I'm keeping my ears open. Does this mean more fasting, praying, studying --or repairing the house if we have to sell and move or...? How do I put on courage and trust?

Later...
Edited to add:

Never mind. I've been reminded of something I've heard before.
"Seek the Lord, seek the Lord, seek the Lord."

I understand what you mean now. It's seeking the thing (the gift) and not seeking the Lord Himself that makes me lose my shoes. That's what makes me vulnerable to impurity. It's being so concerned about the task that I try to accomplish it by doing the things that have worked in the past (old shoes) or by copying somebody else's methods (borrowed shoes.) Yes, it's taking my eyes off Jesus and worrying about how I can do it. It's all about intimacy with Jesus -spending time with Him in the safe secret place. Thank you for reminding me. Thank you for your help.

Thank you Jesus. I think I get it now.
Last edited by Charys on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

okay.. .let's see if i can wade through this.
I am a Timmie's fan... pick me up a large double double and we can talk about anything you want!!
8)

Preparation is many, many things ... no one thing. I find from where I am standing at present that the only foundation is Jesus and a solid, intimate relationship with the GodHead, the only preparation required.
This kind of preparation will guide us into a process of purity that leads to (His) Holiness and intimacy that leads to Oneness (with Him)..(this is what it means to prepare the way of the Lord and to make straight His paths) if you do these ... then everything else takes care of itself.
It's the same as the two greatest commandments.. if you fulfill them, then you fulfill the whole law.

Love is the Key and the Foundation of the Kingdom and this age we have entered. Knowing the Heart of God is an absolute necessity. The Word of God without the heart of God to support it or behind it, is like having a sailboat without water and wind. There just isn't any purpose to it unless it can move on the water carried along by the wind. Love is what will empower this move because it will fully reveal His heart, manifest through His Word, or Thee Word, the Lord Jesus characterized in the Body of Christ both individually and corporately.

When I said you will need trust and courage to support you more than you will need knowledge, what i meant is that it will take Trusting God's heart to do exploits that will require courage on our part. We will see it as taking huge risks to step out into the faith that will be needed to walk in a transcendent spiritual lifestyle that co-labours with God working through us.

The more comfortable we are in trusting God, having confidence in His heart of Love toward us, humanity and creation, the more we will be able to walk into Greater Things, speaking creative words forth and calling those things which are not as though they were. We will be empowered to speak life to that which is dead, as in the Valley of Dry Bones, Lazarus. because Love is stronger than death. This is Resurrection Power.

I would agree with you in your calling to be an Intercessor and your description in your dream about it being heavy to carry alone or for prolonged periods of time. That is where what I say above comes in to play... We start out in God, His Spirit is labouring through us to birth forth Freedoms, bringing forth Life and then we start to step out from that position of co-labouring WITH God and start to labour FOR God. This happened as we shifted the burden of responsibility to our shoulders and it then became too heavy to carry.

There is a shift coming that will change the Face of ministry. People are still speaking in the old terms, of what has gone before, and have not repositioned their thinking yet. It will take The New being demonstrated so they can really embrace it. Then they will be able to " follow the leader. "

Unfortunately people don't care for their foundations to be torn down because they don't see that they are rotting. They don't understand what to do to make sure they are on solid ground or what that process will look like when God rebuilds the Temple. Anything threatening is seen as an attack of the enemy, not discerning it is God who is doing the dismantling.

I do know if you want to be specific, you will get answers. Let's take your broad question and narrow it down more...
How do I prepare myself for.................... fill in the blank. Be specific.

Thanks for the coffee break!!!
8) Taps
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

i just saw that you had placed a note on the end of your post.

I had already written what i had written in the time that you were posting so I am going to leave it for the benefit of other readers.
Yes.. you're right in what you added... that IS what i am trying to say.

Guess it could have been said a whole lot simpler eh? *chuckle** :lol:

Take Care Comrad!
Taps 8)
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thank you! Thank you! It all fits! and I take mine black with one packet of sugar twin.

On July 22 I dreamt that Joshua and Isa (the modern English form of Yeshua and the Arabic name for Jesus) took a course of action that seemed very negative to everyone observing. It was like diverting a river to make it flow back the way it came. It was not working in a way people could see at all.

The dream was in three parts and I'm so sorry Lord for not getting up and writing it down right away. I can't remember the middle.

In the third part what Yeshua/Joshua/Isa had done became obvious and had a very great outcome that led to the salvation of many many many children and young people.

We can't understand it now, but we will -and it will be so great!

I suppose that's a prophetic dream and I haven't spoken publicly about many of those because I've never seen myself as prophetic -it's only been a year and a half since this stuff started happening regularly -and because it means taking a risk in faith. My church is certainly not open to it. I guess I should learn the protocol for doing such things. Please let me know if I am doing this wrong and how to do it properly.
RevK
Diamond Member

re:

Post by RevK »

Hello :D

While going through older dream interps this evening, yours stood out at me. I find it very interesting because our feet are shod with the gospel and then at other times unshod in the presence of His Holiness.

I'd like to talk about shoes for a second:

Shoes were the finalization of a contract between two people. Taking off the shoe was an agreement or settlement.
Ru 4:8 - Therefore the kinsman said unto Boaz, Buy it for thee. So he drew off his shoe.
Ru 4:7 - Now this was the manner in former time in Israel concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirm all things; a man plucked off his shoe, and gave it to his neighbour: and this was a testimony in Israel.

I believe these scriptures pertain to humbleness.
Ex 3:5 - And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
Isa 20:2 - At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.

Shoes can represent strength:
De 33:25 - Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.

Old, dirty shoes could represent walking in the flesh or in disobedience:
Jos 9:5 - And old shoes and clouted upon their feet, and old garments upon them; and all the bread of their provision was dry and mouldy. God's mercies are renewed daily.

Sometimes I would go back and get an old pair or borrow a pair that didn't fit.

1Sa 17:39 - And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.

What I would like input on is what does "the preparation of the gospel of peace" mean? I always thought it was evangelism, but since the helmet is about salvation I am focussing more on what "preparation" and "peace" mean.

Preparation of the Gospel of peace simply means: 2Ti 2:15 -Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Ro 10:15 - And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

How do I get and keep my shoes? I would appreciate any insights.

De 29:5 - And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

I understand that the 'prophetic' may have just started happening recently. God gets us to a certain place and time and suddenly we begin to see things. I truly believe the prophetic gifting is on your life and it is wise to journal everything you see, even if it doesn't seem necessary or make sense to you. I have seen some of the most mind boggling dreams, dreams that in the natural made no sense at all and yet when I asked God for the interpretation, they made perfect sense. Don't worry God is a wonderful Father, He will make sure you keep your shoes on. That's just how He is and He has a wonderful plan for your life. Blessings!!!! :D
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Wow Rev! Jesus is using you!
This is an old post --well to me anyway. Things are moving so fast. I believe the Lord sent you to remind me to write things down. Sometime images come and go so fast and they don't make any sense to me, so I don't always write them down.

This afternoon while I was praying some images flashed through my mind. I was going to write them down when I got home but... distracted... or lazy I guess. They were short and disjointed and didn't make much sense right away. Then I came on here and read what you wrote.

Rev, I saw shoes!

These were not on my feet. I was looking at other people's feet. The first shoes were old lady leather lace-up shoes with thick two inch heels. The person was wearing bobby socks with them. I remember now seeing photos of a missionary wearing these shoes back when I was a kid and thinking only a missionary would wear something so incredibly unfashionable. Then they morphed into a more ordinary, but ugly, pair of sturdy shoes from perhaps the seventies.(my memory's not clear on this) This I remember clearly --they turned into the most beautiful delicate jewel covered sandals on the feet of a dark-skinned woman. I thought "Wow! Princess shoes!"

I also saw an African woman in a bright pink dress. It was like I was looking down on her from a higher platform. She was the happiest most beautiful woman I have seen in a long time. I think I was seeing the result of the work of that old missionary -maybe results that she never got to see.

Then I saw the spine of an emaciated deer type animal in the Serengeti.

Then I saw what I believe was Jesus' bare chest with scrapes and bruises on it.

There were other images, but I didn't write them down. Maybe I should carry a small notebook with me when I go up in the hills to pray.

I'm scared of the word "prophetic", Rev. I have been reading the posts of "prophets" on a couple of other sites and I am confused by the opposing posts -especially about the American elections and the squabbles between people who were so sure they were right. I really only post stuff here and tell a few things to a couple of forgiving friends because I'm afraid of being wrong -and I don't like the Biblical definition of "getting stoned". I also like the anonymity. It would be so tempting to say (in so many words) to people around me, "Hey look at me! God's talking to me. L'il old me!" I'm an approval junkie. It's major flaw.

But I'm starting to dream stuff, or see stuff, or hear stuff that turns out later to be right on. I want to know, really know the Lord better and I want to serve Him, and be responsible with the things He has revealed and know when to pray and when to say something... but I've seen people with amazing prophetic gifts really mess up majorly lately in ways that deeply hurt many people and I know that I am perfectly capable of doing the same. I was crying about this earlier today.

Bare feet in His presence and the one shod step at a time moving out by faith, eh?

So... stepping out... as I prayed for you after I read this I saw a beautiful all-white patchwork quilt made out of very fine fabrics. It was thickly padded.... Oh! A comforter! RevK, I think The Comforter wants to wrap Himself around you and comfort you and cuddle you and cover you with His purity.
...that I might know Him...
RevK
Diamond Member

re:

Post by RevK »

Good Morning! :D

Thank you for your kind words. Deeply appreciated! I know the calling on my life, I know what God told me and how He has set me apart in the Body to do a specific work. That is not bragging, that is the knowledge of the spiritual gifiting that lies within me. I do not go around calling myself prophet, some have said I should, I see no need. When I first came on this site, I called myself rev., a name I can dump, is it really necessary? I have nothing to prove to anyone, I am His daughter, I am royalty, what more can or needs to be said? I owe no man any sort of explanation, and yes without a doubt I hear from God. Sometimes I miss it, who doesn't? And yes I have felt crazy, still do from time to time, who can feel sane when you see, and hear the kinds of things you know a normal human being could never experience. Aside from all that, I want to encourage your heart, scripture says to: 1Co 14:39 - Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. The danger in the life of a prophet/ess, is falling into the flesh trap,and thinking you are somebody's somebody. Lu 20:46 -Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

I have been labeled the family 'nut' for years. But it all came from the spirit of Jealousy and envy. People are afraid of the unknown, the anointing. The enemy wants to keep them blinded from the truth. God has set His prophets in the earth, to teach and to intercede, you are one of those chosen few, who not just see and hear, but speak out what God has shown.
It's ok if people call me crazy, I do hear from God!!!!!
I'm scared of the word "prophetic", Rev. I have been reading the posts of "prophets" on a couple of other sites and I am confused by the opposing posts -especially about the American elections and the squabbles between people who were so sure they were right. I really only post stuff here and tell a few things to a couple of forgiving friends because I'm afraid of being wrong -and I don't like the Biblical definition of "getting stoned". I also like the anonymity. It would be so tempting to say (in so many words) to people around me, "Hey look at me! God's talking to me. L'il old me!" I'm an approval junkie. It's major flaw.
I know you are afraid of being 'stoned', but what difference does it make, really? No matter what we do in life, we are attacked, for the good or the bad. And if I am going to take hits, let it be for the cause of Christ? Lu 17:1 - Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
I want to know, really know the Lord better and I want to serve Him, and be responsible with the things He has revealed and know when to pray and when to say something.
Herein lies the secret of hearing from God. "Relationship". I am just now recovering from a sickness that has literally left me in the hands of God to make it day by day. It was not life threatening, but through the pain, I learned how desperate I am for Him to take control of my life, everything about me. How do I think I can make it day by day without His presence? There is a book I would like you to read called 'Hinds Feet In High Places', that is an allegory of the Christian walk and will show you how desperate we are for God in our everyday lives. I have read the book twice, and may read it again. You will see yourself in it, I promise. I said all that to say this, relationship brings you into the place of trust and Him using you in many ways. Seek the Giver not the gift. It is great to know your gifting, we are all born with the gifts, and God will reveal what they are to you. Never be ashamed of it, don't hide it under a bushel. We are held accountable for the talents He gives us. But as you relate more and more to Jesus, He will mature you in the things of God. You won't want to do things out of the flesh nor displease Him.
I've seen people with amazing prophetic gifts really mess up majorly lately in ways that deeply hurt many people and I know that I am perfectly capable of doing the same. I was crying about this earlier today.
As you walk closer to God in the prophetic, you will learn and understand what you can and cannot say. Just because you see something revealed about a person does not necessarily mean you are to tell them about it, oftentimes it will be God wanting you to intercede on their behalf, and for you to tell the person what you have seen and heard, may not be what God wants. He will teach you this.

Please excuse me if I jump around a little on here, but I wanted to address the jeweled shoes, how interesting!
they turned into the most beautiful delicate jewel covered sandals on the feet of a dark-skinned woman. I thought "Wow! Princess shoes!"
So 7:1 - How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter!
Bare feet in His presence and the one shod step at a time moving out by faith, eh?
Indeed! :D

God Bless you!!!!!!!
Last edited by RevK on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
RevK
Diamond Member

re:

Post by RevK »

These were not on my feet. I was looking at other people's feet. The first shoes were old lady leather lace-up shoes with thick two inch heels. The person was wearing bobby socks with them. I remember now seeing photos of a missionary wearing these shoes back when I was a kid and thinking only a missionary would wear something so incredibly unfashionable. Then they morphed into a more ordinary, but ugly, pair of sturdy shoes from perhaps the seventies.(my memory's not clear on this) This I remember clearly --they turned into the most beautiful delicate jewel covered sandals on the feet of a dark-skinned woman. I thought "Wow! Princess shoes!"
When I reread this to hopefully get rid of typos, this paragraph stuck out at me and I should have dealt with it in the last comment. Nevertheless. I believe the three different shoes you saw represented three dispensations of the moving of Holy Spirit.

1. The First shoes, laced up thick heels. The Old Testament. I believe was the time of God's revealing of His plan for His people, doctrinal foundations. The Ten Commandments

2. The Second shoes, though ugly were sturdy. The New Testament: Jesus Himself taught in this dispensation, and the most profound teaching of His was about Love, which He demonstrated on the cross. We can be taught the law, the letter, but without the intervention of God's Holy Spirit, His love and convicting power, it is still the law. 2Co 3:6 - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

3. The Third shoes, delicate jewel covered sandles. Current time: Isa 43:19 - Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. From what I have been observing both in the spiritual and natural world. God is about to do something that is going to shake the very foundations of the world. Miracles, signs and wonders and the salvation of young and old is about to make public headlines.

I hope this makes sense to you, if not, let me know......

Have a Great Day! :lol: