Boss continually in my dreams

Archives for 2008
bigbee
Gold Member

Boss continually in my dreams

Post by bigbee »

recently I have had numerous dreams where I see a previous boss at my previous place of work. IRL this boss did not like me and actually tried to have me removed.

In one dream I was given a lot of work that i wasn't able to complete so i decided to come early before everyone was there so I could finish. When I arrived early, the boss was already there looking for the work I hadn't completed yet. I saw a folder on a his desk that he left out and inside was a document on performance reviews. In the dream I was a little worried about the situation.

The other dreams are somewhat vague, but I distinctly know that this boss is them. I need to know what it means when you have repeated dreams that have a common individual. I know the Lord is represented many times by authority figures in dreams, but in this one the boss was not friendly but more of a judging aspect.

Please help!

Bb
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Are there authority figures currently in your place of employment (or somewhere in your life) that you feel are unjust or want to see you fail? (Just a thought...)[/i]
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Not at work currently, but you bring up a good point about it representing an authority figure who may want to see me fail. I think that you may be on to something ;)
InsideTheFire
Platinum Member

Post by InsideTheFire »

this Boss constantly harassing/accusing you about what you did or didn't do sounds ALOT like Satan The Accuser.
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Yes that could be it, If so what does the dream mean? I mean I know biblically that he is the accuser of the brethren, but how does this apply in the dream?
talitha

Post by talitha »

Hmm, reading over the dream again, I feel that your boss represents some sort of condemnation stronghold that is following you around. It could have been there for a long time, even since childhood - or it could be a defilement that came because of this boss. Either way, I believe that through prayer you can get rid of this.

I'm presently learning how to walk people through this kind of thing in prayer counseling. Basically the steps are
  • Recognition of the fruit of something amiss - usually what is really amiss is the way we have responded to situations and people in our lives, even when we were children.
  • Repentance - "1-John-1:9-it"
  • Confession and forgiveness - confess the truth and forgive others (often mom/dad) for what they did or didn't do
  • Crucify 'structures' (that's John Sandford's terminology - you could also possibly say "pull down strongholds"
  • Resurrection Prayers - the other side of the cross - bringing back to life God's way - For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. (Gal. 6:8 )
hope this helps...... definitely seeing that somewhere along the way you started taking in condemnation and judgment on yourself, and that is not what God wants to give you!!

blessings
tal
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Thank You Tal, I've been through a period of not being able to find work, so maybe this is related somehow.