Pulling a Train

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
bjcollin
Site Owner

Pulling a Train

Post by bjcollin »

I have had this dream many times over the past years. In the dream I am somewhere in Washington DC area and I am riding a combo of bus and subway trains trying to get to or from home / work. We pass through streets with many houses, there are always lots of people in the dream riding with me. At one point the transfer station is next to this huge mall area. In the past dreams it has been filled to capacity with many people, but in this dream it is getting dark and it is empty of people, at one point it even looks slightly in disrepair. There is also this massive hill to go up or down at one point in the dream and many highways and streets and directions to choose from in the dream as well.

The way that this dream is also different is that while I am riding the bus and train with my wife (she has not been in the dream before) and the train breaks down. I end up getting out of the train, fashioning a handlebar on the front of the train and then pulling the train around to complete the journey until we get to the transfer station. The transfer station is empty and it is getting late. At the point we get off the train and usually get on a bus, there is a flatbed trailer with seats on it and I start pulling that with people on it and it seems easy to pull. As I am pulling the trailer I am reminded that there is the huge hill left to go down and that it is sometimes dangerous on that hill.

In the past the dream always ended on the bus or ended going through the mall or stopped in this hospital area. In this dream I kept pulling the trailer with people on it through the mall and into the hospital area. Usually the dream would end here. We got off and tried to go through the hospital and got to the end of the hallway and there was a nicu unit there with many premie babies in little beds being taken care of by nurses. Many people were being distracted by the cute babies but I was gonna press through and get out this time. I almost accidentally dropped this one baby that was handed to me by One of the nurses, but I put him back on the bed safely and pressed on. We got out with out a baby and the nurse closed the door behind us.

Once outside we were in this rubble filled back of mall/hospital old parking lots area when the trailer fell apart into many pieces and the people that made it through with me including my wife were standing there trying to fix it. We finally got it back together and got the handlebar re attached when it was dark and I was deciding to keep going or not. End of dream.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Pulling a Train

Post by bjcollin »

I understand most of this dream as it is the story of my working life as a defense contractor. The part about the nicu and the babies I am needing some help on, and of course the point of decision and how to move forward from here. The last prophetic word I got had this idea that this season I am currently in will be transitioning soon to a new and different season, I think that this dream is showing that and that I will finally be breaking through and moving forward soon. Thank you.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Brian i didn’t read your dream but just your second post.

Could the nice be about you caring for knew babes in Christ who need special are and attention?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Bella,

Interesting idea. In the past dreams, the hospital area that was attached to the mall was always the stopping point for the dream. Many times it was dark and the dream just ended in that area. Other times there were doctors/nurses in there that would stop me from going through the area or attacked me which ended the dream. This is the first time that I was expecting to get out of the area and I was successful at it, and the first time that a NICU was in there. I always saw the hospital area in the dream as an obstacle to be overcome or to be passed through.

The church we assistant pastor in now is an older church, I think my wife and I are one of the youngest couples there and I just turned 51 last month. This is our second year in this church, last year I preached a few times and was on the worship team, and helped with a few activities, but that is it. This year, back in January, I took over teaching the Adult Sunday School class as a regular weekly teaching opportunity which falls in line with the spiritual gift of teacher that is within me. Most of the congregants have been saved almost as many years as I have been alive, but it has been very fun teaching them in the class every Sunday. Many of them are entry level students on some of the topics and obliviously they are experienced at other topics so it is an interesting mix in the class. I can see the babies needing special care and attention aspect of this. Thank you for the input on the dream.

in Christ,
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

You're most welcome!

Just realised the autocorrect mistake - so glad you understood what I was saying. Always fun posting from my phone :?
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

This dream being repetitive and changing slightly makes me think of the old choose your own adventure books were the end of the story was based upon your decisions of paths to take. As we journey through our lives and ministries we ask constantly for direction and wisdom and often overlook the fact that God said if we ask for it, He will liberally give it, but we must act by faith that we have the wisdom to make a good decision. You fear God and are not going to make brash decisions. If you feel you are to go a certain direction, it will be a wise, well thought out choice. Because you are humble the Lord will let you know if you make a bad choice and intervene.

For your prayerful consideration Brother BJ
PastorJKG
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I use to love the Rainbow Dragons choose your own adventure book when I was a kid. hahaha God has always been good that way with me about decisions my entire life. Thank you.