Working for a Previous Employer

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Working for a Previous Employer

Post by jdarby2007 »

Hello Everyone:

I've have had his type of dream more than once, but never posted to this board.

I dreamed that I was working for a previous employer. I saw myself in the building and my work area and talking to my former boss. End of dream.

I worked this job many years ago, can't understand why my previous employer are in my dreams. This has happened before where I have dreamed of working for former employers.

Is there something I'm supposed to learn?

Any insight or interpretation would be appreciated! God bless!

Jdarby2007
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Working for a Previous Employer

Post by bjcollin »

JDarby,

I guess it would depend on what happened to you at that previous employer? Was it your first job? Was it a good job you enjoyed or was it a bad job you disliked? What about the relationships at that job? etc. Figuring out what the Lord means on a symbol to you is important.
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Oh, okay bjcollins, that is something to ponder for this particular job ended about three years ago.

I loved and flourished in that position and did an outstanding job, my relationship with my boss at that time was somewhat difficult, because that's who he was, I dealt with him graciously, I really liked him, not sure his true feelings about me.

I think he brought in someone else to move me out of that position, til this day, not sure why, he never told me anything? One of those questions I will not have an answer to until Jesus returns.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I belive, and I could be wrong, that sometimes something's not finished from God's or our perspective and so the event/thing can stay active somehow.

So as far as you (or God) were concerned, it's unfinished business, even though your old boss moved you on.

Maybe just pray and ask God to bring to completion any work he had intended you to do or that still needs to be finalised and to close the process.

I had a similar story when I finished some study. I had a few dreams where I would find myself back in that location. I had intended to follow on to another bit of study in the same location but got sick and couldn't do it. l realised it's because I had missed being where I was supposed to be.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

besides what bella said about unfinished business, are there any issues with unforgiveness toward the old boss that possibly need to be prayed through? Unforgiveness is a big hindrance to moving forward in our Christian lives. I know in my own situation I had a great job with a defense contractor employer whom I was working for over 16 years with always excellent reviews. We were assistant pastoring at a bridge church and flourishing spiritually there. I thought I was going to retire with that company. Then one year my boss decides to give me a crappy review even though my work quality had not changed, and then by the next review cycle they laid me off. After a couple of months of much needed rest, I moved on to a great opportunity at a local telecom company around the corner from my old company for almost a year contract while I sorted things out, which was a blessing in disguise from the Lord. I was a little bitter about that move to a lay off for quite a few years until I prayed to forgive my old boss. I then got a new position back in the defense contracting business and we moved closer to our parents which is where we are at now. Spiritually I took a hit for a couple of years. We are assistant pastoring at a local AG church now, and learning to move forward again. What was key was forgiveness and being able to see that old boss on line or see her in a store or hear her name and not be revolted or having those old bad memories brought back up again. Maybe there is some area of forgiveness that you need to work through as well as maybe there is a hold there which keeps bringing up the dreams. Hope this helps some.

in Christ,
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

bella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:33 am I belive, and I could be wrong, that sometimes something's not finished from God's or our perspective and so the event/thing can stay active somehow.

So as far as you (or God) were concerned, it's unfinished business, even though your old boss moved you on.

Maybe just pray and ask God to bring to completion any work he had intended you to do or that still needs to be finalised and to close the process.

I had a similar story when I finished some study. I had a few dreams where I would find myself back in that location. I had intended to follow on to another bit of study in the same location but got sick and couldn't do it. l realised it's because I had missed being where I was supposed to be.
Thank you Bella, I never thought about unfinished business. Sometimes I just don't know or understand. I'm very kind to people in my workplace, I have good work ethics and perform my work duties very well, but I believe I'm punished and penalized for doing good or for other reasons unbeknownst to me. These workplace issues have been a constant issue in my life, like a thorn in my flesh, I feel like Paul, like I'm being buffeted in the workplace. I've asked the Lord to help me, but things continue to happen on these jobs.

Not sure what to do but keep doing what's right, being kind, doing good work and wait to see what happens, will I get fired for bogus reasons, or will I get sabotaged or forced to resign has been the story of my life! 😪 Sometimes I feel worthless like no one wants me, but yet I get positive reviews and feedback from my peers and those I work for, but the outcome is always opposite of what's been said. 😒 When is this going to stop?

God bless you for responding, I really appreciate it. I'll think about unfinished business!

Jdarby
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

bjcollin wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:44 am besides what bella said about unfinished business, are there any issues with unforgiveness toward the old boss that possibly need to be prayed through? Unforgiveness is a big hindrance to moving forward in our Christian lives. I know in my own situation I had a great job with a defense contractor employer whom I was working for over 16 years with always excellent reviews. We were assistant pastoring at a bridge church and flourishing spiritually there. I thought I was going to retire with that company. Then one year my boss decides to give me a crappy review even though my work quality had not changed, and then by the next review cycle they laid me off. After a couple of months of much needed rest, I moved on to a great opportunity at a local telecom company around the corner from my old company for almost a year contract while I sorted things out, which was a blessing in disguise from the Lord. I was a little bitter about that move to a lay off for quite a few years until I prayed to forgive my old boss. I then got a new position back in the defense contracting business and we moved closer to our parents which is where we are at now. Spiritually I took a hit for a couple of years. We are assistant pastoring at a local AG church now, and learning to move forward again. What was key was forgiveness and being able to see that old boss on line or see her in a store or hear her name and not be revolted or having those old bad memories brought back up again. Maybe there is some area of forgiveness that you need to work through as well as maybe there is a hold there which keeps bringing up the dreams. Hope this helps some.

in Christ,
Hello bjcollin:

Yes, what you and Bella said has helped me tremendously!

Please read my response to Bella for some background information.

Reading about your experiences is truly encouraging. I have always thought I was a forgiving person, but perhaps I have some unforgiveness from this particular former employer. I will pray for forgiveness and repent so I can move forward.

My husband told me to start my own business because he has seen what I've been through so I am considering that as an option, praying for guidance and direction. I have worked as a contractor but haven't been sustainable too keep business on a consistent basis always had to go back to work as an employee. I'm thinking about starting a nonprofit because all I've ever wanted to do is help and minister to people.

Please pray for me that I will be victorious and overcome this area of my life! This has been very difficult for me, but God will see me through!

Thank you and God bless you much!

Jdarby2007
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

jdarby2007 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:54 pm Thank you Bella, I never thought about unfinished business. Sometimes I just don't know or understand. I'm very kind to people in my workplace, I have good work ethics and perform my work duties very well, but I believe I'm punished and penalized for doing good or for other reasons unbeknownst to me. These workplace issues have been a constant issue in my life, like a thorn in my flesh, I feel like Paul, like I'm being buffeted in the workplace. I've asked the Lord to help me, but things continue to happen on these jobs.

Not sure what to do but keep doing what's right, being kind, doing good work and wait to see what happens, will I get fired for bogus reasons, or will I get sabotaged or forced to resign has been the story of my life! 😪 Sometimes I feel worthless like no one wants me, but yet I get positive reviews and feedback from my peers and those I work for, but the outcome is always opposite of what's been said. 😒 When is this going to stop?

God bless you for responding, I really appreciate it. I'll think about unfinished business!

Jdarby
I recognise quite a lot of what you've said as having happened in my life in the past. What I realised is that not everyone thinks the same way we do, and they think nice and kind equals us being a walk over and sometimes we're respected less because of that.

I don't remember the person, but I remember someone was being mean to me for no apparent reason, and I had to change tacks and change my behaviour, so I gave them a serve and pulled them into line. All of a sudden their attitude to me changed and they started being nice. I thought that would be the opposite of how I'd respond, but it seems to be that some people have more respect and are nicer to you if they think you're tougher. It's not my normal style, but it worked in that moment.

God doesn't want us being doormats, so you have to consider whether that's what's happening with you and whether that's why you're being treated a certain way.

Also, the other thing that came to mind when I first read your post was that when you're nice all the time, people don't believe it and think it's all an act. They don't trust you, don't think you're being honest and so assign nefarious interpretations (what they think you're really doing) to what you're actually doing. There's not much you can do about that, except be open and honest.

Have you asked God what's going on?
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Hi Bella:

I really appreciate your response, I think you're onto something here! People do try and walk on me, but when I get assertive, that creates a whole new set of problems. Whats funny about that is I am polite in my assertiveness, in other words I'm not rude or disrespectful! 😀

Here's a quick example, a person I worked for deleted calendars entries that I placed on his calendar, but when I asked him about it, he denied it, so in essence, it created an appearance that I deleted tbem because he had admin rights to my calendar. But of course, he will be right and I will be wrong because I'm the subordinate. So now I'm crazy! The question is why would he do that? Answer, I have no idea!!!

I'm discouraged in this area of my life, don't know what to do, I have to work and issues similar to this tend to follow me no matter where I go, it's always something!

I will start my business, but it takes time to build, so in the meantime, I continue to to suffer these things! Please pray for me!!!! 😪