Surfboard vision

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Surfboard vision

Post by bjcollin »

For visions I challenge you to always pray and ask the Lord to follow with the interpretation. Many times is the Lord is giving a vision, He is also wanting to provide the interpretation, and more specifically direction as to what to do with it as well.

To me symbolically B&W colors usually means somebody who sees things in a very black and white manner (good guy or bad guy; with me or against me; friend or foe; right or wrong, love vs hate, etc.) and there are no shades of grey with that person. What was the pattern? I pictured lengthwise stripes (kinda like an old tv off air hold pattern) in my mind when I first read the vision, but your were not specific in your post on what the pattern was. A surfboard is used for traveling on top of the ocean and it is pushed along either by your own paddle power or by ocean wave power with lots of balance skills required. And as you noted 3 fins can be used in surfboards, but they are more for professional surfers I think. To me this would be symbolic of a person who is skilled at dealing with the waves of life that is thrown at them and they are always seem to be able to keep in balance and stand above the surface of it and go with the flow so to speak; in this case even though their views are black and white. Sun glasses to me would be akin to seeing through the dim mirror (ref 1 Cor 13:12) so maybe you aren't seeing the whole picture clearly yet on this first look see, so press in more and ask to see the picture more clearly and what to do with it.

IMHO (not an interpretation) Many people who are "professional life surfers" are by nature very independent (self pride) types of people. The reason they might not think that they have their hopes and dreams fulfilled is because they have not caught their perfect wave yet or because they have not been able to generate it for themselves. Either way they go it is just pride getting in the way and many don't even realize it.

Hope this helps some.

in Christ,
iluvyahweh
Gold Member

Post by iluvyahweh »

Dear Bella,

The hebrew mindset for interpreting things, normally looks at "function" as opposed to "form." The function of surfboard then, is to ride the waves. It makes me think of the idiom : "to ride the wave." Or, to ride the crest of the wave.

This idiom to me talks of success and good fortune - so in Christian lingo - probably blessing and abundance.

If your friend is suffering from hope deferred, then I think it is just showing that a period of blessing is coming. And, to hang on for the ride.

The 3 fins underneath the board help guide the board, and provide direction, and assist the surfer, and that to me perhaps speaks of father, son, and HS - and that they are supporting and driving the whole thing.

The black and white is important too, and to me just means that it will be easy for your friend to understand what is right and what is wrong during this ride or journey.

So, as they are surfing the wave of blessing and good fortune, it will be easy for them to discern which way to turn, and which way to move. It is encouragement for them to understand that it won't be difficult for them - even although this is very unfamiliar territory for them (ie. they don't surf.)

I hope that this helps you in some manner. Throw away the bits that don't sit right with your spirit-man.

Grace and peace to you, Bella.
ILY.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thank you both for your replies. They were very helpful.

ILY I also had the thought that the 3 fins could represent the God-head but hadn't applied that, so thank you again.

Brian, the pattern was black lines on the white board, about 1 inch in width, randomly all over the board, with bends and rounded corners. No particular pattern from memory.