royal Rory

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

royal Rory

Post by PastorJKG »

I had this dream 10/31/09 I know it's old but wondering if anyone might have insight on it.

My wife, my self and my former supervisor at work, and one other unknown person were gliding through the air traveling just above the ground in a rural setting. We came upon a country church named Royal Rory. I asked what kind of church it was. My wife said "I went there with Andrew. We saw graveyards at each house with tombstones that were shaped like busts or heads mostly. The church was brick on both ends but completely glass in the middle. There was a sign that said, "No Beer Allowed".
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: royal Rory

Post by bjcollin »

Pastor JKG,

Good to see you on the board again. I pray you guys are doing good in NC these days and your church is blessed. I watch you guys every now and then on FB.

Interesting dream. The real question is what brought this older dream back to your mind now 11 years later? And what does it have to do with what you are going through today? What happened in your life 11 years ago up to now? I feel that will be the key for you in this dream.

Just thinking out loud here on the symbols for this dream... Floating in the air, in the spirit. Group of four people, so this applies to you and your families life at the time, and the unknown person is a representation of the Lord or angelic protection that is with you. The name Rory is the English version of a Gaelic (Irish/Scottish) name origin meaning red king or red haired king. So a royal Rory would be a double on the king meaning. All of the busts/heads at each house (were the houses surrounding the church?) were tombstones indicating memorials to dead people or memorializing that which is dead. For example, I have a friend from my CFNI days that is so focused on Spurgeon (the 1800s English preacher), and not that he didn't have a great ministry at the time, but to me he is so old and dead at this point. I have another friend of mine who is an Anglican who is also very focused on studying his church history to me that is also old and dead... Don't get me wrong I love studying history and how it is applicable to today and maybe it is just me, but personally in church I want to stay more focused on what God is actively saying hear/now and for the future, and not being trapped in the past. For a church that is brick on both ends, but transparent glass in the middle indicates to me that you can see everything that is going on inside this church or that this church is transparent to all. It could also indicate that the church has a vision that is outside of its walls (i.e. a community or missions focused church). No beer, no alcohol mind influence or no enemy spirits allowed in this church.

I hope this helps you start to put something together on the old dream. Be blessed man of God.

in Christ,
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

Thanks BJ. I was looking back at old dreams seeing that many dreams from years ago that I didn't understand at the time are connected to where I am right now. Just trying to gain some insight.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Awesome, I do that as well. Looking back reflectively on our dreams of the past and then comparing them to what happened in real life at that time up to the present is a great way to hone our ears listening to the Lord and to improve dream interpretations. It is like we get the proverbial light bulb going off in our heads that says "Oh, God, that is what you were trying to tell me back then"... It makes us sharper to listen to what God is saying to us now and to better understand His dream language to us. Blessings.

in Christ,