weather

Insights & revelation from members' dreams
discerning
Site Admin

weather

Post by discerning »

TORNADOS

Well it is interesting, because there are more and more
of these dreams with tornadoes. So many meanings for them as well! Some can be warning of impending attacks, some can be God allowing things to be shaken up to completely set us free, some are God's rushing into a situation (Acts 2) because of the fervent effectual prayer of a righteous man/woman.

Many other things as well! Below are a few scriptures of many talking about the whirlwind of God!!

2Ki 2:1 And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Job 37:9 Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.

Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Job 40:6 Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said.....

Isa 17:13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but [God] shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Isa 66:15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Jer 4:13 Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots [shall be] as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.

Eze 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

Nah 1:3 The LORD [is] slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit [the wicked]: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds [are] the dust of his feet.

Zec 7:14 But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.

Tornado - (Webster's Dictionary)
tor·na·do ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tôr-nd)
n. pl. tor·na·does or tor·na·dos
A rotating column of air ranging in width from a few yards to more than a mile and whirling at destructively high speeds, usually accompanied by a funnel-shaped downward extension of a cumulonimbus cloud.
A violent thunderstorm in western Africa or nearby Atlantic waters.
A whirlwind or hurricane.

[Alteration (perhaps influenced by Spanish tornar, to turn), of Spanish tronada, thunderstorm from tronar, to thunder, from Latin tonre.
tornado

n 1: a localized and violently destructive windstorm occurring over land characterized by a funnel-shaped cloud extending toward the ground [syn: twister] 2: a purified and potent form of cocaine that is smoked rather than snorted [syn: crack]

Whirlwind - Tornado

OT Whirlwind - Ca' ar - 5591
1) tempest, storm, whirlwind
a) tempest

Zec 9:14 And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.

What is neat about this scripture is that, I see a whirlwind of God being His Breathe and the blast of
the trumpet that causes the wind to whirl and become a
whirlwind. Then because of the force of the blast, thus it causes a howling or sound almost like the blast of a trumpet. Think about Acts 2 and when He Breathed upon
them and there came a rushing mighty wind?

Acts 2 : 2 - And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as a rushing mighty wind and it filled all the house where they were sitting (to fill the house it would have to be moving and spinning to encompass a room to fill it?)

A Rushing 5342 - Phero (NT)
1) to carry 1) of persons borne in a ship over the sea
2) of a gust of wind, to rush

Mighty - 972 - Biaios - 1) violent, forcible
from 970 - Bia - 1) strength, whether of body or mind
2) strength in violent action, force.

Wind - 4157 - Pnoe - 1) breath, breath of life
2) wind

Interesting, isn't it?

Think also of the storm (that I believe had a tornado(s)
in it) that terrified the disciples and Jesus rebuked it
and said PEACE be still. Imagine how unpeaceful and
horrific a storm it must have been?

Mark 4 : 37 - And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.

A Great - Megas - 3173 - mass and weight: great
compass and extent: large, spacious. Used of intensity
and its degrees: with great effort. persons, eminent for ability, virtue, authority, power

Storm - lailaps - 2978 - 1) a whirlwind, a tempestuous wind 2) a violent attack of wind, a squall
a) never a single gust nor a steady blowing wind, however violent, but a storm breaking forth from black thunder clouds in furious gusts, with floods of rain, and throwing everything topsy-turvy.

Of Wind - Anemos - 417 - 1) wind, a violent agitation and stream of air 2) a very strong tempestuous wind 3) the four principal or cardinal winds, hence the four corners of heaven.

Mark 4 : And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

I believe this whirlwind(s) (and whirlpool, He also said unto the sea) was a strongman/principality and Jesus silenced it and was then able to go a release the Gadarene demonic that met Him once he came ashore.

Mark 5 : 1 - And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had [his] dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: (look what he did after Jesus had rebuked the winds and spoken to the sea?) But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him.......And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the SEA (hmmm).

The wind and the sea obey HIM. Christ is in us and we have been given authority over the wind and the sea (tornadoes, whirlwind's, etc). Christ in us, the hope of Glory.

~HisBlood
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

SNOW & ICE

I can think of several things snow has meant in dreams and visions I have had and have interpreted. I think it must depend in part upon what it does in the dream.

I saw snow gently falling and falling the day before a great intercessor's funeral, and the Lord told me it was her mantle.

I dreamed of waking up to snow one summer morning, and the Lord told me it was His grace and mercy that covered all things.

I have seen snow and ice represent loneliness.

If it is a blizzard, it can have to do with the enemy's blinding us to hazards and to safe places.

Those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head......

~talitha

Another possible meaning: "snowed under"

~Pearls of Wisdom

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

CLOUDS

Clouds can symbols of blessing in times of drought, or sign of troubles that can get in between you and the Lord. (since the clouds are literally between you and heaven and block the sunshine/light).

~underhiswing
discerning

keilani
Site Moderator

Re: weather

Post by keilani »

Just a few more thoughts to add to tornadoes and clouds from my dreams and visions.

I've seen satan move like a tornado. When he took form, the tornado was gone. It makes sense since he comes to steal, kill and destroy. I have also seen him and another demonic spirit appear and there was a wind that blew out from them. In one dream, the wind was strong, like a gale; in the other, the wind was more like a soft breeze but they were both on the same mission.

I have also seen a great, dark cloud which looked rather frightening so I remember putting my hand up and praying in tongues, rebuking anything demonic. I couldn't quite make out the source since I had never seen anything like it before but my natural thoughts were that it looked bad/evil. The odd thing was that I didn't feel any fear on the inside. Shortly afterward, I heard The Father's voice speaking to me from it.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.