Angel?

Archives for 2009
abe

Angel?

Post by abe »

I had a dream five years ago, that I once posted on the older forum, maybe in 2007, and I received some good interpretations, but I still am not sure how to make sense of it. It has been on my mind a lot recently.

In this dream, I "wake up" in my bed, and before I open my eyes, I feel an obvious presence standing in the room with me. I also feel an initial warm, euphoric glow within myself. I try to strain my eyes to see who's there, but cannot either due to physical limitations or fear that was beginning to overwhelm my euphoria. I did notice a lot of light emanating from this individual, and hands holding a scroll. My initial reaction was it was an angel. It said distinctly in English, "You are a prophet," and then proceeded to read its scroll in an unrecognizable language that made no sense to me. At this time, I also did not want to hear, because I was very afraid. I kept telling myself to wake up. And though I didn't wake up right then, seemingly, the dream did end there.

I am unsure how to take this dream for a variety of reasons. I'm unsure I believe every dream is divinely inspired, and if they are, or some are, I believe some dreams might also be satanically inspired.

I have tended to believe the "angel" was evil, and some of my close friends have agreed because of the fear I felt. While some people close to me claim that others have been afraid when visited by angels (I'm not sure if there is evidence to back that up).

I have also wondered if this dream has nothing to do with religion, but is a function of my ego, representing a desire to be something more than I am.

The possible meanings/implications of this dream seem dangerous to me.

I'm just not sure how I should read this, and more importantly, how I should act based on that reading, what I should do. I believe in Christ and God, though I do not attend church, and have not taken communion since I was a teenager.

Thank You.
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

Let me point out that this angel read the scroll in a different language. Paul talks about speaking in tongues of men and angels. I think that God is inviting you to begin looking into hidden things.

Pro 25:2 [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.

God has honored you by making your curious about your dream. Stay with it.
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: Angel?

Post by charlie »

typhon wrote:I have tended to believe the "angel" was evil, and some of my close friends have agreed because of the fear I felt. While some people close to me claim that others have been afraid when visited by angels (I'm not sure if there is evidence to back that up).
If you do a search through scripture you will find that almost every angelic encounter produced fear in the person...that's why angels often said "Fear not" (I have often wondered ad wondered and wondered about how that word meant anything to them...as anglica beings do they know what fear is or have they learnt to identify it simply because they see so much of it in us!!!!). That is probably good enough evidence to say that the "fear" test does not hold up in the case of angelic encounters...I think we often eexperience fear (or shame) in the face of purity because, as scripture tells us perfect love casts out all fear...most of us have not yet been perfected in love or have accepted God's love training which drives out fear....i am warbling now.... :wink:

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

...just read Will's post which I think is spot on in terms of advice...you are right to question whether this dream was a prodcut of your ego etc. many are and we must learn above all things to discern these matters. The Bible tells us that only by the PSirit of God can we understand such matters (this statement alone could take you on a lifetime journey of searching!!!).

A good place to start is by reading the whole Bible...maybe look at the prophets of the Old testament and examine what their role was about...what were they doing amongst the people (look at the false prophets and what they were doing)...then read the New testament through and keep asking questions...

May the Lord bless you and keep you andmake His face to shine upon you friend!

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Every time the Lord or an Angel of the Lord appears in the Bible.... what are the first words they always say.... FEAR NOT or do not be AFRAID.

A few Refs Genesis 15:1, Genesis 21:17, Genesis 26:24,

Acts 7:32 in reference to Moses and the burning bush

Luke 1:12 - Zecharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him. 13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid...

Luke 1:30, Luke 2:10.

Many times angelic encounters in the Bible have a notion of Fear attached to them. To believe that just because there is a bit of fear involved that the encounter might not be of God can be wrong. Of course there is always the notion of testing the spirits as well which brings us safety as the enemy can pose as well. In this particular encounter the angel did not seem to be doing anything contrary to the Lord except bringing you a message, and then sealing in some things for later. So this brings me to my next question.... what has happened since this dream in your life? Is there any evidence of Prophecy or prophetic gifts showing up in your life?

in Christ,
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Here are some other scriptural references, to add to BJ's -

Dan 8:15 Then it happened, when I, Daniel, had seen the vision and was seeking the meaning, that suddenly there stood before me one having the appearance of a man.
Dan 8:16 And I heard a man's voice between [the banks of] the Ulai, who called, and said, "Gabriel, make this [man] understand the vision."
Dan 8:17 So he came near where I stood, and when he came I was afraid and fell on my face; but he said to me, "Understand, son of man, that the vision [refers] to the time of the end."
Dan 8:18 Now, as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep with my face to the ground; but he touched me, and stood me upright.

Rev 1:12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
Rev 1:13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands [One] like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
Rev 1:14 His head and hair [were] white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 His feet [were] like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
Rev 1:16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance [was] like the sun shining in its strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, [fn] "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
Rev 1:18 "I [am] He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
abe

Post by abe »

bjcollin,

Thank you for replying to both my threads. Here is a long answer to your question. Forgive me if it is too much and bores you.

A lot has happened in my life since that dream generally and spiritually. However, nothing happened I could point to as prophetic except for a dream with prophetic themes some years later, that hasn't materialized in reality.

I had the, "angelic," dream in the Spring of 2004. I refer to it as my second dream, in that it was the second of its particular type in my life. That type is a, "false awakening," a dream within a dream, but one in which you believe yourself to have waken up in the comfort of your bedroom only to discover you are still dreaming.

I have alluded to all these dreams on the forums, though some of them were in the old message board, which seems lost now.

My first dream of that "false awakening," type (which actually may have been a legitimate awakening) occurred some years before the, "angelic," dream around 1999. I will not go into all the details but first I dreamed I was speaking to my dad, when through a series of events I discovered I was in fact speaking to God taking on my father's form. As soon as I realized this and declared, "You are God," he disappeared and I woke up. Before even opening my eyes, I already knew what I would see and was completely comforted, in fact in a euphoric state that I would easily call the best experience of my life, and one I would trade no other experience for. Jesus was standing over my bed with his hand on my forehead, smiling down at me. He didn't speak to me, and I could barely speak myself though I was trying, but felt very overwhelmed.

When I had the second dream, the "angelic" dream about four years later, I also felt the presence before opening my eyes and there was a similar initial feeling of euphoria though much lesser in degree, so at first I was excited as I thought it was happening again. It wasn't Jesus, it wasn't the same feeling, and I was afraid. This is one of the reasons I doubt this dream, because I compare it to the first which I believe is definitely legitimate.

In the summer of 2007 I had a third dream that seemed authentically religious in nature but had no false awakenings. That is the dream that first brought me to this forum and I received a lot of good feedback on it in the old forum. And this is the only dream that appeared prophetic in any way. To be brief, I was on a giant patio with my friends. We were bbqing or burning something. To my left a potted plant caught on fire, and I had the strong feeling of the presence of God. At first I hesitated to approach the plant, because I knew if I did I would be accepting a message that could be consequential. But I did approach. I was immediately in the sky as if being carried by a hand, suddenly I was dropped into the middle of the ocean, and was plummeting towards the bottom. The pressure was changing and I felt like I was being squeezed on all sides and for a moment, accepted death. As soon as I did this I was suddenly dropped into a press conference. A politician was speaking there, a rifle came out of the crowd, and fired. It was so interesting because he is not the most prominent politician, nor is he of my party, so I found it strange to dream of him. And the idea that he may be especially important to God is strange too. (I started working on a presidential campaign later that summer). He is more widely known now in the US but is still not the most prominent politician. What happened in this dream has obviously not transpired and I hope it does not.

Before that date, starting around 2005, and recurring throughout my life I had tons of, "false awakenings." I talk about them in a thread on this board that you might have looked at as well. These dreams were not of the light. I was watched and harassed and attacked by a dark presence. At times it took on a more concrete form than others, and I think this depends on where I am spiritually. It was really bad in the spring and summer of 2010, but I believe I got a lot right with God since then, and for a long time those dreams disappeared. I have had maybe a few since, but in those dreams the presence has been there shortly and has no physical form anymore whatsoever. It's like a fog or haze if that. I take this very seriously and pray a lot, and admit Christ as my lord and savior, and I've been open to my friends and family about my belief in Christ, something I was more afraid to be public about in the past. In a sense these dreams are like the dream I had of Jesus in that I wake up to a dark presence in my room and its often hovering over my bed. I have always wondered if dark spirits are trying to mock my Jesus dream, or if when I had the dream of Jesus, other forces noticed and are watching me because of it. Because my Dad had really bad dreams and it might be something in the family, I think that maybe Jesus came to me when I was young to give me the strength to deal with this later in my life. I don't know.

So now we are in the present with the dream you graciously interpreted for me on the other thread. I did not expect it to be interpreted that way, but your interpretation does ring true to a degree. And if your interpretation is true, I find it both bothersome and uplifting. I find it bothersome because the spirit seems to successfully attack me. I feel like I've made a lot of efforts to be part of the light over the years, so I don't like this. What else do I do? How would you recommend learning more about spiritual warfare? What I find uplifting is that the knights seem to be of the light based on your interpretation. I thought I was in command because I was surrounded by soldiers, but maybe these soldiers aren't physically with me but spiritually with me, and so I am receiving some spiritual protection. I haven't seen that in dreams before.

God Bless.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

ok, I have read through your last post. Thank you for following our board policy and not naming names especially of famous our public people. Generally speaking when you see guns and rifles in dreams, it means pointed words or an assisination of the persons character. This happens way too much in politics, but that is the territory and unfortunately many of these politians characters aren't as upstanding as they would like their general public to believe. Also the dream could also mean that the persons run for office will be shot down, ie it will not be successful.

Sometimes, when you have a dream within a dream, it is to be generally intrepreted as a sequence ie when the inner dream happens, then the outter dream will happen later. However, with some of these dreams you use the term false awakenings. I am not totally familiar with this term, but I kinda get the idea from what you were describing. So let's move this same thought to the next level, if you feel that there is an enemy spirit involved at some point in this, and you think that this same spirit is something akin to what your dad had... then this might be what is called a familiar spirit or a spirit that is assigned to your family lineage which came in through one of your ancestors on your dad's side of the family. What I was eluding to in my last post in the other topic is the topic of deliverance.

Deliverance is what removes these enemy spirits out of your life and that removal will help you to be free and to keep them from harassing you further. It will also help you to open up more to the gifts that are within you that need to be stirred up. When you are in that half asleep / half awake state and you see a dark figure hovering over you, God is allowing you see the enemy that is there harassing you. He needs to go in the mighty name of Jesus. That is what deliverance ministry is all about. If you are seeking freedom and seeking deliverance in your life, then hopefully you can find a good deliverance ministry close to where you are at.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,