A future city

Archives for 2009
wellstravisa
Silver Member

A future city

Post by wellstravisa »

I had a very long dream that was the longest full open like dream I've had.

In my dream I awoke in a medical ward of some type, I realized that I must have had something
wrong with me, as I saw a braclet on my right arm. I couldn't feel my lower legs, and saw that
mid calf on both sides where missing. I had been in a coma for some time as everything was set
in the future years later. Inside I was feeling hopeless empty as I realized I was alone. There
was no happiness inside, asking a doctor I said can I get some mechanical implants for my legs to
walk again? He said no, and told me artifical biological implant have become against the law, as
the peolple that recieved them were stronger in strength and a threat to others. So I went to
a apartment were my wife and boys had been staying while I was in this coma. She didn't want
to have anything to do with me, as it had been such a long time and I was disabled. Hopeless inside
I walked down a side walk and got in a car with some girl she was high as a kite and offering me
money and drugs to do unspeakable things. I refushed, I was next transported to a place with
lots of people, it was a group of some kind the main part of it was the people were demons, ugly
sick and depraved they would reach out and touch people as they walked by. I could see them and
avoided them the best that I could. I was next in a apopolitic setting of sorts, upon a high mountain
I watched a car drive wildly and then purposely drive off the hugh cliff. As I watched this car
flip and roll as it fell to the canyon floor I saw it land and was stunned and in awe to see that
there were hundreds of body and lots of cars dead laying there. I also saw people jumping off as
well. Next I'm in mid air falling for what seemed like a 1min, these people were helpless, as I
was falling I felt calm and didn't understand but trusted God even though I was to hit the bottom.
As this was unfolding before my eyes I saw very tall trees to the left of me, the trees were catching
some of these people in there branches I saw them as little bright lights of different colors. From
here I was transported to the top of the mountain again. I meet a man with a white lab coat and glass
with very small windshield wipers that would come on and clean them when needed. He smiled and me
and said with great excitement in his speach, he said come and let me show you something. So I followed
him up the mountain, as we crested the top I saw a city I've never seen before, a city of the future
in the shape of a tear drop turned on it's head hovering above the city below it. It was massive miles
and miles wide. All my hope was restored and I was lifted in my spirit and rejoiced, at this point
I was returned to hospital and saw others with legs cut off at the same place as mine were. There was
this girl that accpeted me and had her legs cut off as well, my hope was restored.

The meaning of this dream I'm unsure of but but from what I felt and saw, the enemy was trying to
trap me drag me down and prevent me from acending to the top of that mountain and seeing that city.
I also felt that the dream was not just for me but for others of the body of Christ. That maybe
feeling hopeless and giving up on hope.
wellstravisa
Silver Member

bumping

Post by wellstravisa »

Any ideas
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Very interesting dream.I have some thoughts,but if they are not what the Lord reveals to you,please drop it.The lacking legs may mean weakness.The doctors not really wanting to help may mean christians who don't help the weak.The city might be Heaven or the New Jerusalem.These are thoughts that came into my mind,but i will pray about it,because God only can reveal the meaning.If the things I said are not what you think God is showing you,please don't take these as explanations to your dream.God bless you.
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

What you have said fills a gap in my understanding of the dream, and even more so when I think about gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the need to be encouraged. I believe the dream was also given to me to show me that enemy comes when I'm at my weakest and when I think hope is so far away. But it's not it's just over the hill keep pressing into Jesus. I've always been one to pray for those that I see that are far from God and have lost hope, people that I've known I shall now pray all the more.
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: A future city

Post by charlie »

wellstravisa wrote:and saw that
mid calf on both sides where missing.
Powerful dream! Praying that the LOrd will keep you from falling until He presents you without blemish or winkle before the father...Praise Him!

The Soleus and gastrocnemius muscles of the mid calf are vital in walking running, dancing etc....ie movement BUT significantly the soleus in particular is critical in ensuring that we remain standing upright and do not fall forwards onto our face!

I am seeing that you have a good understanding of this dream already and I am encouraged by your call to pray for those who feel hopeless...there are a lot of them out there and God loves them and desires that not one of them perish!

However, in addition, I have a question about why you were refused a transplant which would "make you stronger and thus a threat"...seems like an enemy plan to reduce your effectiveness for the kingdom so i would pray into that one and ask the Healer of healers to restore anything the locusts have eaten in your life.

However, Paul speaks of a thorn in the flesh also and scripture is clear about us needing to remain trusting in God and not in our own strength so it is possible that God also has humbled you in order that you rely on Him to help you to stand in the face of temptation and affliction and in so doing you will overcome...

A passage which has been on my mind recently came to mind as I read this dream:

Malachi 4:2 The day of the Lord

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. 3 Then you will trample down the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I do these things," says the LORD Almighty.

grace for the race
Charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: A future city

Post by charlie »

wellstravisa wrote:So I followed
him up the mountain, as we crested the top I saw a city I've never seen before, a city of the future
in the shape of a tear drop turned on it's head hovering above the city below it. It was massive miles
and miles wide. All my hope was restored and I was lifted in my spirit and rejoiced,
...such a profound dream with so much revelation in it for your life...may the Lord bless you and use you for the establishing of His kingdom in greater measure friend...if His time permits i may get back to this one again...

I see this as a picture of the upside down kingdom and the verse which comes to mind is those who sow in tears shall weep with joy...((((PRAISE HIM PRAISE HIM PRAISE HIM))))))...God has collected every tear you have wept in His bottle and these tears reflect the beauty of His heart formed in you...

I am hearing: " there are tears that are shed because of the stirrings of the sound of the music of the Ancient of Days...my sheep will hear this sound and their tears will flow with healing for the nations...my kingdom is not of this world but is an everlasting kingdom pure with the love which flows from the sound which formed the earth and brought form from chaos"

Psalm 24

Of David. A psalm.

1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters.

3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
Who may stand in his holy place?

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,

who does not lift up his soul to an idol
or swear by what is false. [a]

5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
and vindication from God his Savior.

6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek your face, O God of Jacob.
Selah

7 Lift up your heads, O you gates;
be lifted up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.

8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
the LORD mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, O you gates;
lift them up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.

10 Who is he, this King of glory?
The LORD Almighty—
he is the King of glory.

((((Glory))))

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
ImHis4Evr
Silver Member

A future city

Post by ImHis4Evr »

Here is the meaning of leg from the bible dictionary.

Legs: See also Lame, Limping and Thigh: Man's walk showing weakness of flesh or God's strength; support of the body (can be body of Christ); Spirit; the appearance of the Lord. (Song 5: 15; Ps. 147: 10; Prov. 18: 14; 26: 7; Dan. 2: 33, 40)

Female legs: Could represent the strength of lust to entice.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hello wellstravisa,

Are you having questions still, about this dream?
Or do you have understanding of it now?

I have a question, some thoughts and one scripture that came to mind, for you to keep, discard or otherwise ponder in discernment.

I do not see this as interpretation, but checking in on your thoughts about the dream, most of all.

Did you see the man at the top of the mountain as Jesus/God?

For some reason, grief comes to mind when reading this, like the kind of grief that comes from the loss of something temporal, in contrast to losing something eternal?

I do believe He wants our brokenness and inability to save ourselves, that He might be glorified within us.
If we discard notions that He is unable to be fully compassionate and fully merciful as well as discarding notions that He is just as full of Truth, then we might as well throw ourselves over the cliff to see if what He says He actualy means?

I think that is what giving one hind'sfeet is about.
It is denial of our own strength, of our own wants and desires, that we might do His Will and be made more like Him in the process.

Matthew 4:1-25 is the scripture.

I like what Charys shared on prophecy on this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=28641

Peace to you,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

@ piano
Years have past since you responded to a dream I had about a future city Today for some reason I reread this dream, and came across your post. I must have overlooked what you said at the time.

I do believe He wants our brokenness and inability to save ourselves, that He might be glorified within us.
If we discard notions that He is unable to be fully compassionate and fully merciful as well as discarding notions that He is just as full of Truth, then we might as well throw ourselves over the cliff to see if what He says He actualy means?

I think that is what giving one hind'sfeet is about.
It is denial of our own strength, of our own wants and desires, that we might do His Will and be made more like Him in the process.

At the time this dream made no sense to me, but today I can say it makes complete sense to me and I understand what you mean. It has taken many years, and tears to understand, but I felt it important to come back and encourage you as your words today have encouraged me.

1 Corinthians 3:6-7
New International Version (NIV)
6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
Job 33:14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Love the scripture wellstravisa,
7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
Its absolute.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hello again, I have fifty questions.

Like I said before, the scripture in 1 Corinthians 3 is truth.
It is The Word of God.

I am uncertain of the connection of the scripture to what was shared? :oops:

I am also so curious about your testimony, in connection with the dream, if it was prophetic, or if it was something else, like a fear related dream, or a flesh dream?

I dont usually ask so many questions, but I am turning over a new leaf. I really dont understand the dream.

So if you choose to share more, that would be great.
Please, also, feel free to not share as well.

Peace to you,

Piano
wellstravisa
Silver Member

Post by wellstravisa »

I hope this will be of benefit to you and others. This is what happened to me in the time after the dream.
I realized that I must have had something
wrong with me,
IRL- I was selfish and self-centered to the core. I didn't realize how GREAT my need for God was.
I had been in a coma for some time
Inside I was feeling hopeless empty as I realized I was alone.
IRL- I was spiritual asleep, I was trying to feed a spiritual hunger with physical things. drugs/women/etcc..
I couldn't feel my lower legs, and saw that
mid calf on both sides where missing.
IRL- I didn't have any experience walking with God.
told me artifical biological implant have become against the law, as
the peolple that recieved them were stronger in strength and a threat to others.
IRL- The fear of the enemy was me learning how to walk with God ,instead of living by my feelings, and the god of reason. My own understanding. (Living by the same power Jesus lived, the HolySpirit)
Hopeless inside
I walked down a side walk and got in a car with some girl she was high as a kite and offering me money and drugs to do unspeakable things.
IRL- I was mad at my wife, and felt hopeless to change it. I didn't feel her acceptence and was seeking it elsewhere.
I was actually in a car with a girl/my drug dealer, who I considered a friend. Crazy I know !! but that's how it happened
just as in the dream, I freaked out when I realized it !!
I could see them and
avoided them the best that I could.
IRL- I was trying to avoid things, by my own power. Completely in the flesh!!
upon a high mountain
IRL- Trying to get high, and stay high is a hard thing to do. The only option is to go down, death!! I've learned I can make a idol out of anything! If I had an experience with God, I would keep trying to relive that old experience just like a drug.
falling off the cliff, even though I didn't jump.
IRL- I didn't understand that I was powerless to stop drugs, I still thought I just needed more will power. I didn't understand the more I tried, the less I was leaning on Him.
I get placed back on the mountain he said come and let me show you something All my hope was restored and I was lifted in my spirit and rejoiced
IRL- God raised my life from the pit and restored my soul, He made me stand by His power! The desire for the drugs stopped
the desire for other things stopped, and my desire for Him came alive.
I was returned to the hospital and saw others with legs cut off at the same place as mine were.
IRL- I tell all who will listen to me what God has done and is doing in me.

I don't understand everything about the dream and it would seem there are still parts that haven't happened yet, but the parts that have happened are as real as you can get.
Job 33:14-18
For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Wellstrvisa,

Thank you for sharing!

I am certain this is a blessing to others.

He is over everything.

Peace,

Piano