folding flags

Archives for 2010
piano
Diamond Member

folding flags

Post by piano »

I dreamed I was at one of those Civil War re-creation gatherings.
There were many tables set up for banquet?
A beautiful day in the park.
I picked up a flag that needed to be folded and handed it to what I believe was the man in charge, a handsome dark haired man in civil war attire.
I picked up more than one flag and handed it to him to be folded.
I do not remember them being American Flags, they were different in color/print.
I was in my regular clothes even though everyone else was in Civil War costume.
I felt as though I was picking the flags that needed to be folded but not wanting to draw attention to myself, almost even as though I was not really seen by others except this leader man. Even though I knew how to fold them, I left it to those who were in the group.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I wanted to add a few things that have come to my mind.

The flags definately had red on them, I remember no other color.
They were carelessly thrown on the tables.
I picked them up because I believe they were being treated with dishonor, disrespect and needed to be properly cared for.
They were full size flags, large.
The tables were under a cover, like a tent covering for shade while having a picnic.

To fold is to bend or wrap upon itself, or even to withdrawl, as in cards.

A flag is folded when someone is put to rest.
It is also folded to put the flag to rest, as in for the night.

I believe the man is Jesus.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

blue or grey? union or confederate? might be important to the dream.

in Christ,
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

The color of the leaders uniform was deep navy.
I do not recall the others..he was significant.

Piano
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I am wondering just how much of a recreation of civil war these times are spiritually?
Last edited by piano on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I am bringing this post up again.
I guess I was reminded of it after watching "Gods and Generals" yesterday.

The movie depicts events following the initial Battle at Fort Sumter (South Carolina), and the succession of Virginia, and depicts forces meeting to battle in Virginia.

I dreamed of Virginia a long time ago, and watching the movie kindof helped make sense of that dream to me.

The movie ends at the Battle at Fredericksburg, where Stonewall Jackson dies after leading a successful campaign.
The Union was forced to retreat.

The sequel of the movie is "Gettyesburg", a battle that was probably the point of decline for the Confederacy, the war ending two years later.

Anyways, it was a Union Oficer in Navy Blue in my dream..
...not a gray clad Confederate officer.

And I wonder why grey/gray is spelled two ways.

Take a new look if lead.

Piano