Revelations 3:14!

Archives for 2010
Charys
Diamond Member

Revelations 3:14!

Post by Charys »

This was so absolutely clear.

I drove up an old logging road this afternoon, intending to go for a hike. When I was partway up the road I became so drowsy I pulled over and went into a light sleep in my car for a few minutes. In half-sleep I clearly saw a blank computer screen. I was aware of waiting for a message to download. Then clearly, in big letters:

Rev. 3:14

I woke up. I was wondering if I should go home and find a Bible and look it up, or continue on my hike. I noticed my husband's watch between the seats. The strap had broken and he left it there. I picked it up. When I turned it over it said "3:14" in big numerals. So I went straight home and got my Bible.

This is Rev. 3:14

To the Church in Laodicea
14"And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation.

and the rest of the chapter:

15"'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"
...that I might know Him...
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Thank you for posting this.
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Interesting. Verses 20 and 21 are actually very hopeful about what will happen when this church repents and invites Jesus back in.

I have had number of dreams lately aboutthe danger of compromise undermining foundations. Lukewarm is a compromise between hot and cold.
Laodicea did not have its own water source. Water was either piped in from a far hot spring which cooled on the way or a far cold spring which warmed on the way. I wonder if they mixed them?

Eveything you could possibly want to know about Laodicea.
http://www.arlev.co.uk/laodicea.htm
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Great dream Charys.
I heard a teaching about what you said about bringing the water on pipes to Laodicea,and it being luke warm.
Thank you for posting.
I'm going to pray about it.
God bless you. :)
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Very interesting! The fact that the Lord gave it to you means that it is speaking not of the Church in Laodicea back then but its applicability to our current times.

The Church of Laodicea speaks of a certain mindset of the people who measure how righteous they are by their material goods.

They live by the following equations:

Wealth = You are right with God

Wealth = God loves what you are doing

Wealth = God's blessings for serving Him

Does this sound familiar?

How often do we hear from some preachers that we will be "blessed" with material things if we do this... or that.... One's wealth is no indication of one's standing with Our Lord. Read further of the only two churches with which He found no fault - Philadelphia and Smyrna.

Pay attention to the times in which we live... The Lord does not give you revelation just for the fun of it... be vigilant...

The question is: "Why did He give you that revelation?"
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

chrisy wrote:Very interesting! The fact that the Lord gave it to you means that it is speaking not of the Church in Laodicea back then but its applicability to our current times.

Pay attention to the times in which we live... The Lord does not give you revelation just for the fun of it... be vigilant...

There is more, Chrisy.
I don't think this is doom and gloom. I think prophecy is to encourage. That is why hearing Rev 3:19 to 22 is so important. This prophetic passage does not reject; it corrects. He has more for us than this. He offers a closer relationship and the celebration of future victory. There is more than this. I think this is an admonishment, not a condemning judgment.

Hear this first:

19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Now I will write what I heard the day before this vision. I had the urge to write this down as I heard it early Thursday morning:

"You know that sinkhole in the news?" [On I24 in Tennessee. There was another one in Quebec earlier that opened under a home and killed the family.]

Me: Yes

"Foundations are disappearing all over the place, but people don't notice until they collapse. Just because something looks good and functional doesn't mean its foundations are sound. This sort of thing does not happen overnight."

Me:Are we talking about the church here?

"Church, government, business
Don't be surprised when collapses suddenly occur. "

Me: So what foundation has been washed away?

"The Churches one foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord. She is his new creation by water and the word." [BOTH]
"Water is not just the presence of the Holy Spirit, but the washing and cleansing of the Holy Spirit.
Not just the Word, but heeding the Word.
Those churches that have not built on a solid foundation or have allowed the soil to become so diluted it is no longer firm will find sink holes opening up in the middle.
Businesses, even Christian businesses, that have compromised will sink. "

Me: And governments?

"Going down."

Me: What would you have me to do?

"Check your own foundations.
Then stand back. I'm going to make it rain.
Anything built on sand is in danger. "

Me: My church, Lord?

"Don't try to shore up what I want to wash away.
A new start.
It won't take much.
One shake.
But there will be islands. Rocks with light houses."

#########################################

I invite the discernment of others. I have been feeling rocked to the core in the past few days.

The churches one foundation -by Samuel Wesley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=molBcp8S_Ng
GaAngel
Platinum Member

Post by GaAngel »

This says a lot about how "lukewarm" the modern church has become.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Charys:

I really like what Chrisy has to add:

The Church of Laodicea speaks of a certain mindset of the people who measure how righteous they are by their material goods.

They live by the following equations:

Wealth = You are right with God

Wealth = God loves what you are doing

Wealth = God's blessings for serving Him

Does this sound familiar?

How often do we hear from some preachers that we will be "blessed" with material things if we do this... or that.... One's wealth is no indication of one's standing with Our Lord. Read further of the only two churches with which He found no fault - Philadelphia and Smyrna.

This is just so timely for the present times. As a counselor, I hear just so much ungodly counsel along these lines and have recently witnessed so much emphasis on material blessing by platform Christianity (Christianity that is widely public). I just cringe every time I hear it. We know from Job that Job's counselors were reprimanded and the Lord declared Job was accurate in his observations. To promise the sheep great blessings of a worldly nature in exchange for their obedience is extremely misleading. And there is just so much warning in the Bible regarding riches. Even the old testament king noted for his great wisdom has a lot to say about worldly riches and their deceitfulness, in spite of or possibly because of the experience of his lavish lifestyle.

Jesus clearly stated the blessings to us in the beatitudes, and they are a paradox. His emphasis was clearly and profoundly on the spiritual, not natural, although Christ and his disciples were provided for, often miraculously, but often with as-you-go provision--definitely not given a mansion on a hill--but took part in the spiritual blessing of walking as foot soldiers, choosing to follow after Christ, leading to humility.

Thanks for sharing this dream/vision Charys! Completely taking in the reminder to stay hot for God! Better take your Bible with you next time you go wandering in the Canadian wildernesses.
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

I concur! We are living in times when we have to be so very careful... so vigilant...

We have to study the Word and measure every spirit to see if they are indeed of God (Peggo noted a significant observation). We have to also assess ourselves. The warning is one made out of love by Our Father and Lord - let's pay heed and "contend for the faith" to ensure that He does not "spit us out".
"Foundations are disappearing all over the place, but people don't notice until they collapse. Just because something looks good and functional doesn't mean its foundations are sound. This sort of thing does not happen overnight."
Didn't someone have a dream of something being wrong with a foundation? IDK - maybe it's not related.
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

I would like to comment about what I have been reading and hearing about Foundations.

So...to those who know the foundations are going to be crumbling, collapsing, what is being done about it? What exactly are the foundations that will remain, do you know? How are you called to prepare?
At this point I would strongly agree with you that the foundations are going to be so totally shaken that there will not likely be enough that remains for people to stand on. It will be like a great earthquake or like a bomb has been dropped on their house.

So do you know what happens when this occurs?
People have no where to go, no where to stand that in their minds would offer solid footing, security.
So ... they begin to lose faith. Until they end up questioning whether Christianity was any more real than any other religion and when it all comes down they will say that they waisted precious years believing in something that in the end didn't support them but rather betrayed them and their trust.

How does one come to this kind of a decision....?
Well if they haven't been given a solid foundation to step to - ie" relationship and intimacy with God that's based on Truth and not false doctrine, truly grounded in Love and not performance, based upon Promises and a hope for the future not a escapist theology, for a purpose that lifts them beyond the threat of their current situation, with a community of people who care about them as much as they do themselves, ... if they don't have something to step to that offers something solid they can depend on... then when their present foundations comes down... and it will come down... they will lose faith and they will lose hope and with no hope there is no vision... and the Lord says that people without vision, Perish.

I have had dreams and visions of what this will look like. While it may be at the enemy's hand this is endured... it will be God's idea and He will permit it.
I am to be one of many of the First Response Team to a scene when it happens. It looks like a war zone..with people lying everywhere in various states of critical need. Arms blown off... not able to embrace anything, legs blown off, not able to walk anything out, their bleeding profusely from critical wounds on the body... head injuries, not able to reason or understand or even think, heart attacks, feeling at such a loss and with hope draining the life out of them.... this and much more... and so in light of all this that is going to happen... what is being done to help people now have something to step to...? Somewhere to turn? Someone they can depend on when they feel they have been betrayed by a system they put their stalk into and supported in one way or another?

The Lord told me He is moving the Light, and the 'anointing' of the Power of God from the building to the Temple. And who are the Temple of God...?
Those who are truly surrendered, pure in heart, loving, listening, walking in relationship both with Him and others, embracing and serving Him first and serving others ... "But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps."

I know the foundations are built upon the Apostles and Prophets. So if you can see what is going to happen... what is your responsibility ?

Sincerely... Taps
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Thanks for sharing! So much good stuff being shared on this thread.

Let Abba distill these words in your heart Charys and He will add the ingredients to make the fine wine...then wait till He pours you out at the table and into the cup He chooses...

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Charys wrote:
chrisy wrote:Very interesting! The fact that the Lord gave it to you means that it is speaking not of the Church in Laodicea back then but its applicability to our current times.

"You know that sinkhole in the news?" [On I24 in Tennessee. There was another one in Quebec earlier that opened under a home and killed the family.]

Me: Yes

Me:Are we talking about the church here?

"Church, government, business
Don't be surprised when collapses suddenly occur. "
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Just saw this:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/ ... tml?hpt=C1

I'm really reticent to give warnings, but today I was thinking I warn people I care about all the time. I consider it an act of kindness when someone reminds me or points out a potential problem. "Tuck your pant legs into your socks if you go off the main trails; it's tick season." "Make sure you do up your seat belt; the police are doing routine checks on Oak Street." "The debit machines have gone down in the supermarket; make sure you have cash or some other way of paying before you go to the trouble of loading up your cart."

So I guess I'm saying, check your foundations.
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Enough word there to speak to everyone.

& Certainly more than the wealthy= godly
or wealthy = God's pleasure in what we are doing

I am sure He had you bring this forth not only for what it speaks to you personally, but for any of the rest of us that might see it.

Cause it also speaks of no longer having a passion for Him or what we might be doing for Him and His purpose, and also about garments that are not white . . . . .

Speaks of HIS refinefment --- making us into gold----
How He tries to have us be interested in that----

Or in having white garments in the first place.

Hot or cold = either way He can work work with---

Often a person "void of God" or anything attributed to a godly lifestyle- will at least believe in what they say they believe (or don't) ----- stand up for it if necessary-----

Many of us don't. Many of us lose the passion we once had and don't even know where it went. Comporomise does that. Slowly-----

And very few enjoy the come hither to be rebuked or corrected--- or even counseled for that matter. -Often preferring to at least show a good face or soften reality at least to ourselves about who we really are---- and where our relationship with Him might be.

If He did not send this for you personally, I know He sent it for others. Well, if for no one else--- He sent it to you for me.

I am not where I once was.
I can tell you a million reasons why I might be here . . . but all it would be is trying to justify something that just should not be.

I do want to be His, & believe I am. Struggle with a few things and have a lot on me---------------------- but truly do know He is bigger than ALL of it, . . . . so, . . . there is no real excuse is there?

So, . . . .

15"'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

Lord-

please forgive and help me to do better---- and anyone else that struggles like I do Lord. Thank You. In You Name, Amen
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I JUST SAW A BIG SINK HOLE IN MY OWN TOWN!!!!

OK. Now I'm shaking.

I told someone about this dream and the word about the sink holes thing last night. This morning she sent me an email asking me if I had seen the sink hole that opened up a few blocks from here. I just drove over and saw it. :shock:

In the 24 years we have lived in this town I have NEVER seen a sink hole! We joke about having potholes big enough to swallow vehicles, but this was no pot hole. It is round and easily big enough to swallow a vehicle!!!! It takes up most of an intersection.

Ok Lord. You have got my attention!
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

If we could accept that we are the Laodocean church we could look at what Jesus said they should buy from him. in order to cure the condition of not have the same view of themselves that God did. We should ask God for all of those things knowing that he would not say to buy it if it was not good for us. This is an end time parable for today. God wants to free us from the world so he can give us gold without it curtupting us. I think the white garments have to do with His righteousness not ours. And the eye save....well. We should ask God what that is like he could tell us. The church is blind. We have to wake up. We cannot afford to be hiding in shame like Adam when the Lord comes.