A Voice Spoke About the Prophet Amos

Archives for 2010
chrisy
Diamond Member

A Voice Spoke About the Prophet Amos

Post by chrisy »

On the night of 06/07/07, I published my website about the modern church and its shortcomings. Once I was through, I went to bed and had the following experience.

Please note that it was not a dream where I saw things - it was just a voice speaking to me. The only way that I can describe it is that it was a dream with no visuals - but spoken words.

A male voice was speaking and told me about the Prophet Amos.

This is basically a summary of what was said:

It is like when the Prophet Amos spoke to the northern Kingdom of Israel. He warned them of all the wrongs that they were doing but they believed that they were doing everything right. The ten tribes were later dispersed throughout the world because they did not listen to him. The voice told me that he was from the Southern Kingdom of Judah. The verbal dream ended.

When I woke up, I researched all that was told to me and found everything was exactly as I was told. The noteworthy thing is that the modern christian church is just like the Northern Kingdom of Israel before the ten tribes were dispersed throughout the world - exactly as I was told!
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

well the 'Church' is already dispersed throughout the world.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi Chrisy,
OK you made me go research Amos. I found this interesting:
Amos 8:4 Hear this, you who trample the needy
and do away with the poor of the land,

5 saying,
"When will the New Moon be over
that we may sell grain,
and the Sabbath be ended
that we may market wheat?"—
skimping the measure,
boosting the price
and cheating with dishonest scales,

6 buying the poor with silver
and the needy for a pair of sandals,
selling even the sweepings with the wheat.

and this:

11 "The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD,
"when I will send a famine through the land—
not a famine of food or a thirst for water,
but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.

BUT
He never leaves us without hope, without the promise of restoration and victory.

Amos 9:Israel's Restoration
11 "In that day I will restore
David's fallen tent.
I will repair its broken places,
restore its ruins,
and build it as it used to be,
12 so that they may possess the remnant of Edom
and all the nations that bear my name,"
declares the LORD, who will do these things.

13 "The days are coming," declares the LORD,
"when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman
and the planter by the one treading grapes.
New wine will drip from the mountains
and flow from all the hills.

14 I will bring back my exiled people Israel;
they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them.
They will plant vineyards and drink their wine;
they will make gardens and eat their fruit.

15 I will plant Israel in their own land,
never again to be uprooted
from the land I have given them,"
says the LORD your God.
...that I might know Him...
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

Awesome experience. God enlighten our darkness.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Chrisy, yes He is in indeed wonderful. It was foretold in Acts, they we would dream dreams, have visions and prohesied. The book I had recommended earlier is something that many should invest in. The irony is that this book was one of the feww selctions they had in the store. Where I am at this type of book of this magnitude could only have been there because of Him. There is some profound things in it, that has me doing some heavy reflection at the moment.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

I've had "audio dreams" before too. :)

Might want to check out the "Two House" teaching. Briefly, it goes like this...the Southern Tribes (Judah and Benjamin) were the only ones who returned to God and the Land (these are the modern day Jews in Israel). The 10 Northern tribes never returned and were scattered among the nations. Many who consider themselves Gentiles are actually part of these 10 lost tribes. Prophecy says that those will be gathered before the Lord returns. That could be physical return to the land or harvested into the kingdom or both. Not sure of all the details, but we are seeing that happen already. More tribes are being found and more of them are making Aliyah (return to the land-Israel). Many of the Native American tribes were actually Lost Hebrew tribes, there are also Sephardic Jews in Southwest US who are Spanish Jews. All very interesting. Might be related.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Warrior Princess,

This "audio" dream from the Lord was back in 2007. I did the research and know the history because apparently the Lord wanted me to know it. My dreams are all pieces of a puzzle that the Lord has been progressively revealing to me for a number of years. His revelation has led me through the two kingdoms, Babylonian captivity of the Southern Kingdom, the in-gathering of the nations, the modern Christian Church, the wedding feast, etc...

The Lord is truly omnipotent, omnisicient, omnipresent, merciful, just and there is truly no one like Him!

Now my task is to fit in the current "Wind" dream with the other pieces to the puzzle!

Thanks a million!
Chrisy
janmar
Gold Member

Post by janmar »

Chrisy,

I have studied this as well. This link may help you in it as a breakdown: http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/kp.html

The things that stood out that the Lord had shown to me in it was that the Northern Kingdom was actually ruled by wicked kings caught up in idolatory more so than the Southern Kingdom. And, the Northern Kingdom's prophets were there to address that issue, in addition to the infiltration of Jezebel (which later worked into the Southern Kingdom as well, through marriages). This brought in the great worship of Baal. As judgment from the Lord, as a result of the Northern Kingdom's sins in this God allowed the people to be carried away into captivity into a land they didn't know (2Kings 17:6-8). The reasons:

1) they built high towers
2) they worshipped asherah
3) burned incense in high places (man ordained priests involved in this)
4) served idols
5) followed vanity (they themselves & their prayers became false & empty, Matt. 23:14; 6:7 )
6) they forsook God's commandments & worshipped the stars & Baal

So, the wind of the great move of His Spirit is going to come & remove all that the Northern Kingdom took part in, like He allowed for to happen to bring an end to the ties to Jezebel, through Jehu (2Kings9:7,22; Matt. 10:34-36); which connected the 2 kingdoms in an ungodly way. Jehu had to cut off all of Ahab's soul ties, which included familiar friends or associations (so it wouldn't continue to spread; 2Kings 10:11,17), as well as Jezebel's associations with Judah (2Kings 10:13-14).

Really the original state of 'Israel' is the state of a spiritual Israel, not one of this world. The Spirit of God is building & restoring Israel back to it's intended form He wanted it in, but it's in the Spirit (even though things will go on in the natural, but that's all going to pass away because what's of the Spirit truly, is going to stand). This is why He urges us to 'hear what the Spirit is saying.'

Hopefully this will bring some understanding.

Jan
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Janmar,

You said:
"So, the wind of the great move of His Spirit is going to come & remove all that the Northern Kingdom took part in..."
The night that the Lord spoke to me about the Prophet Amos, I had just published my website - two of its major themes were:

(1) Are We True Followers Because We Go to Church? and
(2) Is Modern Christianity Biblical?

He told me that the modern Church was just like the Northern Kingdom of Israel when the Prophet Amos who lived in the Southern Kingdom was sent to prophesy against them. We all must remember that there is going to be a cleansing of the Church before Jesus Christ returns for his bride.

We are definitely living in crucial times and have to be watchful, vigilant... Our Lord is telling us, warning us of things to come just as He revealed to John on Patmos. I do believe that the cleansing will begin soon...

Thanks a million!
Chrisy