Service Elevator won't go down

Archives for 2010
sing4777
Silver Member

Service Elevator won't go down

Post by sing4777 »

Last night, while I was writing in my prayer journal, my husband fell asleep next to me and he immediately began to have this dream....

He dreamed that he was at his former job on the third floor. He had a big bin of garbage (the bin was on rollers) and he went into the service elevator with the garbage and hit the button for the 1st floor. The doors on the elevator didn't close from side to side but up and down. The doors closed and then opened again. He hit the 1st floor button and the doors closed again and then reopened. He said that this happend several times and then as he hit the button for the 1st floor the last time (he was trying to figure out why he wasn't going down), he thought, " This isn't real, this is a dream." At that moment the power went out in the elevator and he woke up. When he woke up he realized that I had just turned off the lamp in the bedroom.

I would really love some input on this dream. Thanks. :)
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

What comes to mind is ur husband may have "garbage" left over from his previous job (i.e negative thoughts, hurt, resentments, etc) that he needs to get rid of but cannot seem to do so. That he recognizes it needs to be gotten rid of but something is preventing this from happening.

Pls disregard if not right.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
sing4777
Silver Member

Doors falling off, Doors jammed, Falling

Post by sing4777 »

My husband just called me on his lunch and began telling me that he had a dream that sounded alot like a dream that he had in August 2010.

He dreamed that he was hired back on at his former job. They told him to go to the 2nd floor for work. He found himself immediately in the service elevator for the department that he worked for.
The doors to the elevator opened when he got to the 2nd floor and he got out and began to walk around, trying to pinch himself and thinking, "Is this real?"

He found himself back on the 1st floor again, heading back to the elevator. When he got into the elevator, 3 other men got in with him (he doesn't know who these men are).
They got to the 2nd floor and the doors wouldn't open this time. There were people that were on the 1sy floor that began to shake the elevator from below my husband and the 3 men that were with him. The doors on the elevator fell off and he could see the outside of the building.

He and the 3 men began shouting at the people to stop shaking the elevator and they wouldn't stop shaking it. The elevator began to inch it's way out to the outside of the 2nd floor of the building. It eventually fell from the 2nd floor and they landed outside the building. When they landed, my husband no longer saw the 3 guys that were in the elevator with him. He got out of the elevator and he was ok.

I would love to know if this is an extension of the dream that my husband had in August, a confirmation of something that God may be trying to tell him. What does this mean? Please help!
I quoted the dream from Aug. below...

August 29, 2010
sing4777 wrote:Last night, while I was writing in my prayer journal, my husband fell asleep next to me and he immediately began to have this dream....

He dreamed that he was at his former job on the third floor. He had a big bin of garbage (the bin was on rollers) and he went into the service elevator with the garbage and hit the button for the 1st floor. The doors on the elevator didn't close from side to side but up and down. The doors closed and then opened again. He hit the 1st floor button and the doors closed again and then reopened. He said that this happend several times and then as he hit the button for the 1st floor the last time (he was trying to figure out why he wasn't going down), he thought, " This isn't real, this is a dream." At that moment the power went out in the elevator and he woke up. When he woke up he realized that I had just turned off the lamp in the bedroom.

I would really love some input on this dream. Thanks. :)