Bread & Pizza

Archives for 2011
Elle

Bread & Pizza

Post by Elle »

Have just noticed that there are a few posts at the moment about pizza and bread and wheat (in ET's cyclone dream).

What's God saying at this time?
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Didnt realize there were posts about bread. I had a dream the other day and roti was a key image...I looked up the meaning of roti and it means "bread"
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
Elle

Post by Elle »

Yeah, Indian bread. Yum.

There are so many versions of bread aren't there!
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Yes it was a bit interesting, In my dream there were roti and pasta dishes all over these steps and I was trying to choose one of the dishes. Still trying to figure this one out but bread is usually a very meaningful symbol in dreams. When I think of bread, I usually relate it to a need or necessity
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi Warrior's Heart,

I'm wondering if you had been thinking of doing any missions trips?

Because steps represent upward progression.

Roti - Indian bread (india, south africa, fiji - place with large indian communities)

Pasta - Italian bread
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Elle, wow thank you for your thoughts. Interesting you mentioned progression because there was also a graduation featured in the dream, a whole pool of individuals graduating before I had ventured over to these steps. No I havent been thinking of doing any missions trips but I believe the Lord is calling me to go beyond and do some things I've never done before.
Elle

Post by Elle »

No I havent been thinking of doing any missions trips but I believe the Lord is calling me to go beyond and do some things I've never done before.
Yeah that was what I was starting to think. Breads in other forms. Variety. Something different.

I also wondered if it could represent the process one goes through before being graduated into the prophetic. I've heard many prophetic people say that God has given that scripture to them about giving them the nations.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Elle,

I dreamed about pizza 3 or 4 years ago, at first memory.
This is when I began to try to understand my dreams, and discovered ways that people learn to interpret dreams.

I used to think it was something heavenly, because I liked pizza so much. It tastes so good.
I do believe the combination of ingredients, is key to a good tasting pizza pie.

I personally like it with lots of different stuff on it, but so many, only eat plain cheese pizza, the most basic creation.

Some attributes of pizza:
Mouth begins to water when you smell it or see it.
Variety (you can get what you want on it) with ease of serving.
One does not even need a plate to eat pizza, but you can eat it by just picking it up in your hand.
It is generally shared with others.
It is divided in many sections.

One of the things I "watch" for, is pizza in dreams, and it now takes me back to the question:

What is the definition, of the catch phrase "pizza dream"?

According to the Urban Dictionary:

A very real, very freaky dream that you believe actually happened despite its outrageous improbability, for a few seconds at least. Usually brought about due to eating way too much pizza.

My take on the definition: Pizza dream: a dream from the flesh, created by things of the world ingested during ones waking life. It can have good ingredients (prayer) and some processed ingredients (Gods will (meat) that has been changed to suit ones own taste, or owns own will)

For this and other reasons, I began to question my original thoughts about pizza (in dreams) being something heavenly.

The truth is, pizza was invented by man, not God.

So when I see pizza in any dream, I ponder the reliability of the spiritual food that is being served, delivered or consumed. (in regard to prophecy, and dreaming)

It might smell good (by discernment) it might look delicious (appearance of godliness) it might taste yummy.
Does that make it good for you?

All in all, my opinion is that pizza represents something created by man that appeals to the flesh, rather than the spirit.

It becons a person to have just one more slice.

Im glad to be able to share, even a possibly unpopular view...

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi Piano,
So when I see pizza in any dream, I ponder the reliability of the spiritual food that is being served, delivered or consumed. (in regard to prophecy, and dreaming)
The dream I had about pizza a couple of weeks ago now - the one about my friend and her church... this certainly fits the reality of her church from my perspective.

Long story short ... Serious control by the pastor - and though they can see it and know that God is onto it, they fall back under the control. I feel at a loss for them.
Last edited by Elle on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

piano wrote:Hi Elle,

I dreamed about pizza 3 or 4 years ago, at first memory.
This is when I began to try to understand my dreams, and discovered ways that people learn to interpret dreams.

I used to think it was something heavenly, because I liked pizza so much. It tastes so good.
I do believe the combination of ingredients, is key to a good tasting pizza pie.

I personally like it with lots of different stuff on it, but so many, only eat plain cheese pizza, the most basic creation.

Some attributes of pizza:
Mouth begins to water when you smell it or see it.
Variety (you can get what you want on it) with ease of serving.
One does not even need a plate to eat pizza, but you can eat it by just picking it up in your hand.
It is generally shared with others.
It is divided in many sections.

One of the things I "watch" for, is pizza in dreams, and it now takes me back to the question:

What is the definition, of the catch phrase "pizza dream"?

According to the Urban Dictionary:

A very real, very freaky dream that you believe actually happened despite its outrageous improbability, for a few seconds at least. Usually brought about due to eating way too much pizza.

My take on the definition: Pizza dream: a dream from the flesh, created by things of the world ingested during ones waking life. It can have good ingredients (prayer) and some processed ingredients (Gods will (meat) that has been changed to suit ones own taste, or owns own will)

For this and other reasons, I began to question my original thoughts about pizza (in dreams) being something heavenly.

The truth is, pizza was invented by man, not God.

It might smell good (by discernment) it might look delicious (appearance of godliness) it might taste yummy.
Does that make it good for you?

All in all, my opinion is that pizza represents something created by man that appeals to the flesh, rather than the spirit.

It becons a person to have just one more slice.

Im glad to be able to share, even a possibly unpopular view...

Piano
thank you for this interpretation. So eye opening