bad news for my church

Archives for 2012
sigmon2
Diamond Member

bad news for my church

Post by sigmon2 »

hi all....over and over i get bad news for my church,,,tinged with some possible good news...as i try to share news from the Lord i get ignored left and right. pride, stubborness, bitterness, fleshliness, and out right disobediance hold back any progress.................
not sure what to do, been told in dreams to leave and take the blessings sent there with me, but not giving any direction on where to go.....was shown they would fail and the Lord would remove His Spirit and any chance for His return...........but at the same time He shows me there is the chance of love there its just blocked by a few and their actions.
this is so sad and disheartening for me, but i continue to go and have heart break........
had a dream this morning and it goes like this.........
i entered the church through the back, but not through any door as if through the walls. i saw a table in the middle of the worship area and at the head of it sat a woman. to the side another woman and there was another i do not know cause it was fuzzy. there ws a young man at the table and they were asking him questions, he wanted to be part of the church and in order to do so he had to get through them......then i noticed another man to my left on a row of metal folding chairs that had been set up. he was wearing a suit. he too was waiting for his turn to sit at the table and be interviewed. i though it was not right. i turned away and as i did another woman spoke to me.....
she was smiling and i did not know her. her voice spoke to me as i was turning and it was dark then she appeared, i believe she may have been connected to the Lord - Spirit/Angel. she said so you want to preach? i said yes. she was sitting at the front of my current church at a desk with lighting all around like candles. fluffy cotton white clothes and some color but she smiled and was looking down at a book then said ok, i can give you ten minutes. i was suddenly happy inside and said on ten minutes would be fine or something like that and turned and went out the back door of the church as i did the dream ended.

this dream can only represent bad news for my church. not sure how yet but i await for the results..........will log it in then.
May the Lord watch and care over you all. scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
sigmon2
Diamond Member

hi

Post by sigmon2 »

well it interesting to say the least....today found out the pastor is going to retire or basically has already. some stuff happened with money and other things and he was able too. plus the church is so bad, he was stuck. so the church is going to call him a pastor emritus, or how ever its spelled. church never had one retire and stay before. also they are not going to seek a new pastor either, actually they have nothing to seek a new one with. i wonder what they think of this dream since i told them about it in october and in december in secret they started talking about the retirement. hmmm.
well strike another one up for the Holy Spirit. this is the reason i cannot just walk away from my dream - many come true in His time.
see ya and thanks for reading. God Bless scott
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sometimes pastors can serve without being paid as they have regular weekly jobs and only pastor on the weekends. My wife's uncle and my in-laws both pastor in this manner. My wife's uncle has a job during the week and pastors an independent Pentecostal church on the weekends, while my in-laws are retired and they pastor an IPHC mission church in which all of the income goes to the church's rent/bills. Sometimes pastors can serve with being paid very little in order to let the church pay its bills and get back on a right financial footing. One of my co-workers spouse is a Presbyterian minister who takes a pay cut for a few years in order to help her church get back on its feet. Sometimes churches will try to attract young pastors right out of seminary as they work for less than many already established pastors do and try to re-build their church. Also, sometimes churches in the type of situation you described can also fall back on the congregation to serve as well and raise up leadership locally. Maybe you can get your "10 minutes of fame" i.e. this might be the break you are needing in this manner if required to? Also, sadly sometimes churches need to close their doors as well. Of course there are many factors that come into play in these situations. I know not a real interpretation you were looking for, but just putting my dos centavos in for this.

PS: Matthew 22:13-14
13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation.

in Christ,
sigmon2
Diamond Member

thanks

Post by sigmon2 »

its good....i think the Lord is going to send the church thru tuff times to humble it and me in a way. maybe the reason he keeps telling me to stay. at least he is working on it. :)
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

not sure what to do, been told in dreams to leave and take the blessings sent there with me
maybe the reason he keeps telling me to stay
So is God telling you to leave or is He telling you to stay? This is a question for your to consider, not for you to give me an answer.

We have to be very careful about judging what we see going on at church, and sometimes it can seem like it's God telling us, but really it's not. These are, again, ideas for you to consider.

Whenever I've had a word for pastors or leaders, or anyone in fact, I always give it to them to judge and never just assume that I'm hearing right and they're wrong, or that they're going to get in trouble with God if they don't heed what I say.

In a multitude of counsellors there is safety.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi Sigmon2,

I found something I think is important to your dream.

I noticed that the word "Minute" is emphasized 3 times, in 3 different ways in your dream.

"minute" has many definitions. God is very creative to put this one word in your dream in so many ways.

minute....
[n] a short note; "the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting"

To set down a short sketch or note of; to jot down; to make a
minute or a brief summary of.

[adj] characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination; "a minute inspection of the grounds";

A coin; a half farthing.

A nautical or a geographic mile.

So this word minute can mean, time, note, examination, a coin, and a mile.

I found this interesting because the spirit/angel had a book, and told you you had ten minutes.

Could this mean you have 10 notes as well. Does that mean anything to you? Do you take notes. I don't know why but I thought of musical notes also.

In the following, I detailed this dream out for you.

1. You go through the back through the wall, (as in walking in the Spirit, or walking in a past spirit. )

2. The table is in the middle of the worship floor. There sat a woman

3. To the side is another woman.

4. And another woman who was fuzzy, hard to recognize.

5. There was a young man being asked questions. He wanted to be a part of the church but had to go through them.

6. A man to the left on a row of metal folding chairs wearing a suit.
waiting his turn to to go to the table.

7. I thought this was not right.
(Do you think something is wrong in the worship arena?)

8. I turned away, and as I did another woman spoke to me. As I was turning she spoke. It was dark, then she appeared. Possibly a spirit/angel. She was sitting at the front of the church at a desk, with candles around and a book. Fluffy white clothes w/ some color. She smiled and was looking down at the book.

9. She said "so you want to preach?" I said "yes."

10. She said "okay, I can give you 10 minutes." I was happy inside and said 10 minutes would be fine.

11. I turned and went out the back door of the church.

Have you ever asked your pastor to give you a chance to preach?

What is at the back door of the church?

I noticed the others were on the worship part of the floor. They were possibly the worship team being examined.

You were at a desk in the front when given the 10 minutes. Are you a secretary? or have skills in this area? Pastors, students have desks. Anywho, it seems this is where the light will shine for you.

Sometimes you just need to know where the light God has given you is going to shine. Where are you called? You seem to be called to the desk. But you get little time there? Do you think you belong to the worship team?

Would it be possible to take some time and see if you can get anymore revelation out of the detail?

Blessings and The Fathers blessings upon the church.

Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

Another line of inquiry is that the Oct dream was about your personal desire to preach. If that desire was sown into your surroundings it may reap certain effects. That can be how come it appears as if, sometimes, your dreams come true.
sigmon2
Diamond Member

hi.

Post by sigmon2 »

Haha, the church formed a pastor search committee while I was away. It came to me as a shock, but knot really. I am lol.king cause my dream is working its self through. Praise. The Lord.
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Re: bad news for my church

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi, an update. My church voted to call an older man to be our pastor today. I voted no. It is my belief we needed a young man not old. Active not retired. Wwe cannot afford anything hardly but we needed esp. A man or family of color because we live in a very mixed neighborhood. Well the Lord knows, and I ended up looking like a crackpot again, haha. See ya later. Scott